Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

2 hours ago, wee boabby said:

I have been on P&B for a number of years now but never really been one for posting messages but this thread has grabbed my attention.

As a former player, I find it quite sad at some of the comments that have been posted but everyone is entitled to there opinion.

The  standard of the players,management, coaching, league position and pride in the club is very concerning but how do we change this ?

Amatuer players play at that level for a reason and to say players that a Saturday amateur could come to WW and make a difference is not going to happen, it has been tried at various clubs without success over the years.

Are WW a big club who can attract players, No, ( just because newcastle broon says we are a big club dosn't mean we are) the sooner we realise this the better, we are not going to attract seasoned players to WW because we are not a good option, recently a goalkeeper went to Haddington when he had the option ( and I hear the manager was desperate to get the goalkeeper )to come to WW now thats a statement as to where we are !!

I don't think this thread helps either as a player looking to join a club I find out about the club before I signed, after looking at this thread would I join WW, N

Well I've been on this forum for nearly 10 years now  and posted a few times but ffs where have I ever mentioned ww are a big club . I'll stand corrected if proved wrong.

That goalkeeper ye talk aboot whether good or bad was yet another arniston connection !!

This is a fitba forum ye actually said folk are entitled to an opinion. I doubt very much every single player whether EOSFL or LL will actually read pnb.

As popular as it may be there are one or 2 posters on here who won't give a fcuk for ww in one may be two years time. 

It's folk like them ye want to aim yer fire at !!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Well I've been on this forum for nearly 10 years now  and posted a few times but ffs where have I ever mentioned ww are a big club . I'll stand corrected if proved wrong.

That goalkeeper ye talk aboot whether good or bad was yet another arniston connection !!

This is a fitba forum ye actually said folk are entitled to an opinion. I doubt very much every single player whether EOSFL or LL will actually read pnb.

As popular as it may be there are one or 2 posters on here who won't give a fcuk for ww in one may be two years time. 

Thought I had lost the plot !!!!

16 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

NB your in the kno..... why , when we had hardly picked up a point and players were leaving pretty quick .... why were the given the job permanent - ?? And why have at least 4 of the committee walked since last year? Genuine question 

14 minutes ago, 1985 said:

NB your in the kno..... why , when we had hardly picked up a point and players were leaving pretty quick .... why were the given the job permanent - ?? And why have at least 4 of the committee walked since last year? Genuine question 

But I'm not in the know I'm over 100 miles away.

I don't know why they were given the job permanent I always said it should've been advertised. I'm no their biggest fan either by the way but still have to back them despite scratching my heed at some of the selections and the high turnover of players (especially the arniston connection!) Get out and find other players away from the management connection!

I think the committee that left were ready to move on anyways. One of the biggest losses is wee Andrew his experience of all things east of Scotland is phenomenal. 

There's obviously a new committee in place now with their own ideas. Mistakes both on and off the park will be made as will successes, maybe ye should voice yer concerns manager wise to them.

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

But I'm not in the know I'm over 100 miles away.

I don't know why they were given the job permanent I always said it should've been advertised. I'm no their biggest fan either by the way but still have to back them despite scratching my heed at some of the selections and the high turnover of players (especially the arniston connection!) Get out and find other players away from the management connection!

I think the committee that left were ready to move on anyways. One of the biggest losses is wee Andrew his experience of all things east of Scotland is phenomenal. 

There's obviously a new committee in place now with their own ideas. Mistakes both on and off the park will be made as will successes, maybe ye should voice yer concerns manager wise to them.

I don’t think my concerns will make a difference or my £6 - :)  I must be watching different games from committee - however no committee - no  welfare - Wee Andrew a massive loss but I believe he still advising- personally think they’re all a loss to the club 

8 minutes ago, 1985 said:

I don’t think my concerns will make a difference or my £6 - :)  I must be watching different games from committee - however no committee - no  welfare - Wee Andrew a massive loss but I believe he still advising- personally think they’re all a loss to the club 

There's no many of us there on a Saturday I'm sure they would appreciate yer input.

Haven't seen Andrew for weeks at the fitba.

Agreed all the committee that left are a loss,just a pity as the more on board the better it could be. 

15 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

There's no many of us there on a Saturday I'm sure they would appreciate yer input.

Agreed all the committee that left are a loss,just a pity as the more on board the better it could be. 

Sign of the times...in years gone by any fall outs (there were plenty) were forgot by next game, now everyone packs in...both on and off field 

35 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Sure I seen him at Stirling uni game over in the far left corner - 

3 hours ago, Jamesw said:

can we stop blaming budgets. civil gala vale dalbeattie and gretna can’t pay much more than us. the uni lads pay to play ffs.

the manager doesnt know the league or the eos league he knows the south junior league which was awful. where have all the players come fi we have signed? 

The Uni lads don’t pay to play that’s nonsense they get contribution to their fees which can be a significant few grand ask someone who plays for them they will tell you the same. 

3 hours ago, magoo said:

We're not losing the ability to sign players thro a few posts on here or predominantly the manager, we are because there's much more money kicking about the game at this level,and this era of player compared to 20 years ago is at opposite ends of the scale, 20 years ago it was just not Whitehill that kept more or less the same core of players every season it was near enough every side, nowadays with social media and the mentally of 20-30 year olds,there more or less touting for a move every pre-season, if Whitehill don't have the fund's ( they don't) it's a simple fact the quality of player they sign is what they have now,20 odd pages slagging the manager is all good and well but the standard of player we have determine our league position,  last season a new age manager who did all the social media interviews and spoke a good game achieved very little more that we are at the moment, we argubly missed out on relegation by having so many games to fit in when opponents were ," on the beach".....what will be will be but the same poster's repeating the same posts countless times will change nothing 

Now your just making things up, who did we take points off that were on the beach as you put it? Had a terrible end to the season only beat Gala who were fighting for their lives and I think Hawick who were already gone, if you said that I would agree with you but your above post is just lies, but if you repeat it often enough it may become fact.

26 minutes ago, Spency said:

Now your just making things up, who did we take points off that were on the beach as you put it? Had a terrible end to the season only beat Gala who were fighting for their lives and I think Hawick who were already gone, if you said that I would agree with you but your above post is just lies, but if you repeat it often enough it may become fact.

Which is maybe why a new manager should've came in at the END of last season. Start afresh new ideas new players. Old ground now but you can't deny an absolute horrific run of results :whistle

Screenshot_20181108-170450_Chrome.jpg

Archived