Where’d the welfare thread go?

surely not!

7 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I think any team playing against 20 men would struggle to be fair :thumsup2

Some harsh words from you there 1985 i don't think anybody would want the job anyway being 3 points adrift at bottom and played 2 games more than nearest rivals. Whether like it or not i think we're stuck wi them for forseeable :unsure2:

Reading that Alan ‘windy’ Miller ha taken the craigroyston job 

While it’s great to see so much life in the Whitehill thread seems a shame to see such a great (historical) club toiling.

Not seen them this season but seems from what’s said on here that it’s a range of things causing problems- which it obviously is although most posts seem to identify one specific thing (which varies from person to person).

Players are all young guys: so are those at Stirling and Edinburgh Uni. With other teams having loads of young guys in them.

Budget is low: it will be at about another four or five teams in that league.

Coaching is poor: obviously can’t comment as not at games or training so will let his one go.

Players signed from poor teams: there are a range of players across the Lowland, league 2 and league 1 who were recruited from much lower levels. It’s not the club(s) that these players come from that’s the issue it’s the recruiting of players that individually aren’t good enough that’s the issue ( for any team).

And finally, this might actually be the biggest issue, who would be attracted to whitehill and why? Years gone by it’s a no brainier if you were Edinburgh based and fancied senior over junior then you’d jump at going to Rosewell. Now it’s a different story, cash, security, opportunity to compete at a high level- all of these things can now be provided across a range of clubs in the Lothians.

Club quickly needs an identity so it can plan properly and identify the best way forward. This may or may not be under the same coaches but I’d hate to see them drop out the Lowland.

6 hours ago, surely not! said:

While it’s great to see so much life in the Whitehill thread seems a shame to see such a great (historical) club toiling.

Not seen them this season but seems from what’s said on here that it’s a range of things causing problems- which it obviously is although most posts seem to identify one specific thing (which varies from person to person).

Players are all young guys: so are those at Stirling and Edinburgh Uni. With other teams having loads of young guys in them.

Coaching is poor: obviously can’t comment as not at games or training so will let his one go.

Players signed from poor teams: there are a range of players across the Lowland, league 2 and league 1 who were recruited from much lower levels. It’s not the club(s) that these players come from that’s the issue it’s the recruiting of players that individually aren’t good enough that’s the issue ( for any team).

And finally, this might actually be the biggest issue, who would be attracted to whitehill and why? Years gone by it’s a no brainier if you were Edinburgh based and fancied senior over junior then you’d jump at going to Rosewell. Now it’s a different story, cash, security, opportunity to compete at a high level- all of these things can now be provided across a range of clubs in the Lothians.

Club quickly needs an identity so it can plan properly and identify the best way forward. This may or may not be under the same coaches but I’d hate to see them drop out the Lowland.

I’ll be surprised if you’ve not just gone and got yourself tapped up already SN. When do you start? :D 

15 hours ago, surely not! said:

All what you have said is spot on, the 80s.90s and early 00s were auctully like a perfect storm for Whitehill, it was like 25 years of perfect recruitment.....the reality is they should never have been as successful as we were, we,in size and support terms should be comparable to ormiston or Aniston rangers etc.....it was always going to catch up with us one day and I personally think that time is now...tbf nobody likes losing or a team struggling but the people who have been around the welfare for years  are clever enough to know what we are and where we will realistically end up.....

34 minutes ago, Jamesw said:

if true no relegation from lowland great. good time to bring in someone who knows the league and players in it and eos League. start building now for next season 

Who would you have in mind must have some names would be interested to hear?

20 hours ago, surely not! said:

Great post SN. 

The million dollar question though is do we sign journeyman players from arniston and the like and end up playing yer arniston/Ormiston/tweedmouth s wi no disrespect to these clubs or do we get someone in wi a wee bit ambition and get players in from elsewhere around the region.

That itself is out of our (supporters) hands.

8 minutes ago, Spency said:

Who would you have in mind must have some names would be interested to hear?

How can ye even ask that question when there is management in place at present? 

You had plenty to say aboot Johnny Harvey and Robbie Horne?

Edited by newcastle broon

On 11/3/2018 at 20:01, newcastle broon said:

Defo there for taking. Caught offside too many times against a team who could only hoof it up park after some hefty challenges on a proper heavy grass pitch (stick yer astros :P). Young Ross shouldn't be getting lobbed by a free kick from 30 odd yards out and was bullied by their centre forward who blocked his movement for their 2nd. On saying that was a free heeder back post. 2 more lousy goals but more importantly points lost.  I await on Spencys reply to say I'm "mothing"off again :lol:

Could not agree more 

ps if the ref was not a bottle jockey after the 1st red there should have been at least 3 more which were just as bad  

7 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

How can ye even ask that question when there is management in place at present? 

You had plenty to say aboot Johnny Harvey and Robbie Horne?

I think it’s a completely relevant question in response to people saying the club needs to change management wether I agree or not, it’s a valid question no? People can talk about problems and what should happen im asking for a view on who’s out there that supporters would see doing better?

Not too hard to comprehend really is it?

2 minutes ago, Spency said:

I think it’s a completely relevant question in response to people saying the club needs to change management wether I agree or not, it’s a valid question no? People can talk about problems and what should happen im asking for a view on who’s out there that supporters would see doing better?

Not too hard to comprehend really is it?

Al bite there's probably loads oot there that probably sign better than what we've signed but if job was nae advertised in 1st place we'd never know?

I see yer still a cheeky fecker and did nae answer my last question.what games have you seen ww play recently because if yer a regular you would see yersel the troubles on the park.

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Al bite there's probably loads oot there that probably sign better than what we've signed but if job was nae advertised in 1st place we'd never know?

I see yer still a cheeky fecker and did nae answer my last question.what games have you seen ww play recently because if yer a regular you would see yersel the troubles on the park.

Not a case of biting it’s a genuine question. Your answer does seem to lack a bit of substance ‘probably loads out there’ well who? I’m not saying a new manager wouldn’t do better or worse my point is people on this thread want changes, as there might be or hopefully is someone better. Posters must have some names in mind so I would genuinely be interested to hear who?

I think the troubles are plain to see on the park I agree, you don’t be in the current position when evething is going well obviously, but whats the solution.

3 minutes ago, Spency said:

Not a case of biting it’s a genuine question. Your answer does seem to lack a bit of substance ‘probably loads out there’ well who? I’m not saying a new manager wouldn’t do better or worse my point is people on this thread want changes, as there might be or hopefully is someone better. Posters must have some names in mind so I would genuinely be interested to hear who?

I think the troubles are plain to see on the park I agree, you don’t be in the current position when evething is going well obviously, but whats the solution.

Loads if it was advertised in 1st place simple as that !

6 minutes ago, Spency said:

It's not really poss to do any worse is it ??

Ian Fergos or his boy,coaching would be so much better most off the ww players would not be able to do some off the drills,they would bring on the ones capable off doing better and bin the ones who can’t. If ww could attract coaches off that standard players would come. #Ambition

Ian Fergos or his boy,coaching would be so much better most off the ww players would not be able to do some off the drills,they would bring on the ones capable off doing better and bin the ones who can’t. If ww could attract coaches off that standard players would come. #Ambition

I hear you, but given that Fergus squad improvements at Selkirk were obviously funded by non existent money, would he be able to work on a shoestring?

17 minutes ago, Yhd 75 said:

How do you know the players couldn’t do his drills seems a sweeping bizarre statement? As was said above I’m not sure it was his coaching that attracted players to Selkirk more the lure of big money which obviously didn’t materialise. He is supposed to be a good coach I’m not disputing that side of it just trying to say it’s the full package and players wouldn’t go to Selkirk just because of that. His laddie seems to be an up coming coach is he managing anywhere?