Aberdeen vs Rangers - Opening game of the season

4 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Is Ryan Jack the most hated former Aberdeen player in the clubs history?

David Robertson wasn't very popular,  I recall reading about him having to leave a LC semi final between Celtic and  Aberdeen at Ibrox in 1994, he was sitting with the Dons fans but taking abuse as he'd made the same move to Rangers as Jack did, he'd been at Ibrox a couple of years then.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m quite amused by the views of a number of Rangers fans that our equaliser wouldn’t have happened if the ref hadn’t added the 6 minutes. Just to clarify, all he needed to do was add 3 minutes and the equaliser would still have been scored.

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but pretty poor stuff from Rangers players after they had finished their warm up prior to the match. They all came up the touchline by the South Stand to greet their following, and then walked straight across the pitch in the middle of Aberdeen’s warm up forcing our players to stop and wait for them, with Morelos walking  at a snails pace at the end of the line. Poor stuff from Gerrard, which combined with his after match comments, shows that he is in the class category as Scott Brown.

Hi this is my first and probably last post on this thread. How can we cope with referees who don’t know the rules. Foul inside box, no attempt to play ball = penalty kick and red card. Nothing to do with “ goal scoring opportunity “  Chris Commons to note. 

I’m quite amused by the views of a number of Rangers fans that our equaliser wouldn’t have happened if the ref hadn’t added the 6 minutes. Just to clarify, all he needed to do was add 3 minutes and the equaliser would still have been scored.

Also there wouldn’t have been 6 minutes had Allan McGregor not collapsed in a heap every time he caught the ball in the second half.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Also there wouldn’t have been 6 minutes had Allan McGregor not collapsed in a heap every time he caught the ball in the second half.

You don't get time added on for that.

Gerrard's comments post match are very telling. Echoes of Pedro's 'Aberdeens cycle has come to an end'. Jabba and Jimmy Bell feeding him lines about refereeing conspiracies against Rangers.

When they're 9 points back in October and beaten in the derby he'll be a seething mess and on his way out.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

6 minutes added on was totally fair and what I expected after the time for Jack's injury.

I'll be perfectly honest and say that I've a long list of negatives and very few positives from today. Glad we equalised and delighted a young lad got it.

However I'm thoroughly annoyed and pissed off with our tactics and game plan. How many times will we sit off Rangers and Celtic and not learn that it doesn't work? It's a mentality problem that runs throughout the club, which I do not understand. McInnes needs to learn from the countless lessons of teams pressing Rangers higher up the park and getting in their faces. It's tedious to watch the same script over and over again.

Thank God for Bruce Anderson's finishing for rescuing a point. It was scantily deserved.

12 minutes ago, Navallion said:

Maybe the Aberdeen fans will realise tomorrow how much a shit point it is to them, given they were at home playing against 10 men.

When you are 1.0 down after 92 minutes, believe me, a point is a bonus.

Would happily have taken a draw before kick-off,  and following that display of mediocrity  for 90 odd minutes, a point is very welcome.

As others have mentioned, we've already equalled our points tally against Sevco from last season,  so,  onwards and upwards., eh.

Archived