Aberdeen vs Rangers - Opening game of the season

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct decision to rescind the red card imo. From what I have seen of it, it was worthy of a yellow at worst. How many times is that in the last year that Rangers have had to get a red card decision overturned when it's proved to have been a wrong decision? I'm never one for buying into conspiracies based on the grounds of poor refereeing decisions but i think Rangers have a case for claiming that they are being refereeed to a different standard to everyone else.

2 minutes ago, energyzone said:

It was clearly a red. He kicked him - that's all there was to it. He should also be arrested for assault.

No no no no no Stevie G obviously has brought about the resurrection of the influence of the  sleeping giant that is sevco on and off the pitch . 

Watch out for the retrospective  deduction of points from teams that have the audacity to beat them in the future 

4 hours ago, TrebleTwenty said:

Expect more Sevco love in from the SFA as the season goes on. The more Sevco cry wolf, the more the SFA bend over. Sevco have put all the eggs in the basket this season to win the league..

Should Sevco just accept poor refereeing decisions which have cost us dearly?

Would any other team accept similar decisions?

3 hours ago, Desp said:

Inverurie Locos, aye?

If you can't handle someone having a differing opinion about a football matter, without reaching for "he must be wan o' them" then it says far, far more about you than it does about me.  I don't speak for all of the Motherwell fans, I speak for myself. 

Absolutely atrocious patter, pal. 

Dry yer fuckin eyes. See your 'brother' bear agreeing with you too, must fill you with pride eh? All the loyalist ' Tory brothers' together.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A shoulder charge isnt violent conduct FFS.

Give a chimp an infinite amount of time on a typewriter and eventually it will produce a post on a football message board. There's no guarantee it'll make any sense of course...

14 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Dry yer fuckin eyes. See your 'brother' bear agreeing with you too, must fill you with pride eh? All the loyalist ' Tory brothers' together.

Angrier than a barrel full of Jupes....

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Sorry have I been dropped into a parallel universe where volleying someone off the ball is debatable as to whether or not it’s violent conduct?

Competent Kevin screwed up and you guys sneaked a point, be grateful....

Competent Kevin screwed up and you guys sneaked a point, be grateful....

We were absolutely awful and you were very average and we sneaked a point. I am grateful.

Morelos however lost his head not for the first time. Ridiculous decision to rescind it.

54 minutes ago, energyzone said:

It was clearly a red. He kicked him - that's all there was to it. He should also be arrested for assault.

And then deported.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

We were absolutely awful and you were very average and we sneaked a point. I am grateful.

Morelos however lost his head not for the first time. Ridiculous decision to rescind it.

Actually Rangers stopped the sheep from playing and beardy looked pretty clueless despite his team's two man advantage.

Painting Morelos as a hothead, not buying that. The review got it correct.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Quotes and responses:

We were absolutely awful:  You were.  I was surprised at how poor Aberdeen were.
You were very average:  We weren't as good as some fans are saying elsewhere but we were the better team for most of the game and showed improvement over last season.  We've got better but you've got worse.
Morelos however lost his head not for the first time..  He did and this is to his demerit, again.   He really needs to grow up.  He either has to ignore McKenna or fall to the ground clutching his face.  The former being the preferred option.
Ridiculous decision to rescind it.  Not really.  It was a clearly ridiculous red card.

So Shay Logan gets a red and a 3 game ban for putting a hand on a player,   but it's apparently ok for Morelos to kick a  player .

I know we all moan about refs, but this kind of decision by the panel is going to just make things even harder for them.   Just how hard  do you have to kick someone to get sent off then?

Archived