Aberdeen vs Rangers - Opening game of the season

22 minutes ago, Desp said:

If people honestly think that was violent conduct and a red card, then they should be shouting for half a dozen reds a game.  How many times have we seen a player take someone out, violently kicking them, on the halfway line to stop a breakaway?  Always a yellow, and nobody has a go about those kind of things.

In this scenario, people can't see beyond the jersey he was wearing.  Rangers were right to appeal it, and the decision to overturn it is absolutely correct. 

MJC is that you?

Lanarkshires, you just can't trust them (to know the difference between a foul challenge and an off the ball incident)

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

And so continues the Motherwell/Sevco/SFA love triangle.

Disgusting.

Another Motherwell fan with a soft spot (probably on the top of his head) for the ****. Is this a sign that they really are ‘weegies’ and that the **** are their big team?

13 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Another Motherwell fan with a soft spot (probably on the top of his head) for the ****. Is this a sign that they really are ‘weegies’ and that the **** are their big team?

Inverurie Locos, aye?

If you can't handle someone having a differing opinion about a football matter, without reaching for "he must be wan o' them" then it says far, far more about you than it does about me.  I don't speak for all of the Motherwell fans, I speak for myself. 

Absolutely atrocious patter, pal. 

Just now, Desp said:

Inverurie Locos, aye?

If you can't handle someone having a differing opinion about a football matter, without reaching for "he must be wan o' them" then it says far, far more about you than it does about me.  I don't speak for all of the Motherwell fans, I speak for myself. 

Well said, Brother.

18 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

MJC is that you?

Lanarkshires, you just can't trust them (to know the difference between a foul challenge and an off the ball incident)

No.

You're an Aberdeen fan, of course you're only going to see it one way.  Fair enough.  IMO, and the opinion of the disciplinary panel, it's not a red card offense.  Accept it and move on.  You win some, you lose some. 

4 minutes ago, Desp said:

Inverurie Locos, aye?

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Well said, Brother.

Image result for ouch gif

51 minutes ago, Desp said:

No.

You're an Aberdeen fan, of course you're only going to see it one way.  Fair enough.  IMO, and the opinion of the disciplinary panel, it's not a red card offense.  Accept it and move on.  You win some, you lose some. 

Aberdeen haven’t lost anything here. Scottish football has lost.

3 hours ago, Desp said:

Got to be honest and say I didn't think it was a red card offense.  It's daft kick out, but it's not violent conduct.

There's precedent from the review panel.  Kipré got sent off for a daft kick out at Scott Brown last year and it was rescinded a few days later. 

precedent only has value if the facts are the same.

Kipre and The missing link were tangled and there was a bit of a swipe, followed by a bit of acting by brown.

moreloss clearly lifted his leg and landed a kick.

I think most people would agree that a kick is violent.

Interestingly though, McInnes invoked "Goading" as a partial defence for Kipre (the other part being insufficient contact).

I could almost have said that you had a point (albeit one i disagree with) but you lost all credibility by using american spelling. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/why-the-referee-was-wrong-to-send-off-cedric-kipre-against-celtic-1-4708589/amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2381264/derek-mcinnes-scott-brown-cedric-kipre/amp/

Archived