Aberdeen vs Rangers - Opening game of the season

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well we know that, of course.  Otherwise there'd be no games played.

Kicking a player when the ball Is nowhere near is a red. If it wasn’t, Morelos could have waited until after the final whistle , walked into the Aberdeen changing rooms, asked “where’s McKenna” ? Then walked up to him and blootered him - and get only yellow or admonished.

Kicking a player when the ball Is nowhere near is a red. If it wasn’t, Morelos could have waited until after the final whistle , walked into the Aberdeen changing rooms, asked “where’s McKenna” ? Then walked up to him and blootered him - and get only yellow or admonished.

Yes. Kincardine seems to be insinuating games are full of players volleying each other off the ball. I must admit it’s not something I see often although I suppose I don’t regularly attend ibrox.

17 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Were these challenges off the ball? If not then it's not really the same is it?

Chris Kane done exactly the same last season, in plain view of the ref, and got booked. 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Chris Kane done exactly the same last season, in plain view of the ref, and got booked. 

Well, that ref made a mistake too. But that’s my point- refs have got a lot to keep an eye on and will make mistakes in the frantic speed and atmosphere of a game. But review panels sitting in a video room 2 days later ? wtf is their excuse apart from incompetence or bias ?

49 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

He probably would have missed.

Correct decision to rescind the red card imo. From what I have seen of it, it was worthy of a yellow at worst. How many times is that in the last year that Rangers have had to get a red card decision overturned when it's proved to have been a wrong decision? I'm never one for buying into conspiracies based on the grounds of poor refereeing decisions but i think Rangers have a case for claiming that they are being refereeed to a different standard to everyone else.
Both incarnations have always been refereed to a different standard to everyone else, that's a certainty .

19 hours ago, bennett said:

Just noticed that Michael clever& articulate Stewart has tweeted that the Morelos red card was correct and that the SFA tribunal got it wrong.

Looks like I got this one wrong guys, sorry...

Your apology is noted and accepted.

18 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Considering that Windass wasn’t getting to the ball, how on earth do you get to the point that it was a goal scoring  opportunity? A yellow at worst. (And because Coulibaly was offside, a penalty should never have been awarded.)

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Considering that Windass wasn’t getting to the ball, how on earth do you get to the point that it was a goal scoring  opportunity? A yellow at worst. (And because Coulibaly was offside, a penalty should never have been awarded.)

I was simply replying to someone who said that the player shouldn't have been sent off because even if it was DOGSO the foul wasn't a worthy of a red card...

If the ref thought it was DOGSO, it should have been a RC. Since there was no red, he must not have thought it was DOGSO. Although the AR should've flagged for offside - probably why he's doing the Cowdenbeath game on Saturday!

2 things.

1.  Alan Stubbs you know, actually making sense you know, with valid points, you know.

2.  Bennett,  Jesus H Christ, you're just becoming more and more of a caricature.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived