Strikers coming through

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

And four goals in the two seasons before that and a dozen pish performances for Scotland before that too. A handful of tap ins this season doesn't mean he's anywhere near good enough. 

Celtic failure Teemu Pukki has managed 25+ goals in the Championship in both his seasons there. Oli McBurnie got 20+ in his one full season at that level.  This "higher standard" pish might be the case for the top end of the table but if you think Birmingham City, Peterborough or Hull are a level above the top half of the SPFL Premiership I have some magic beans to sell you

Give me a better option as a out and out nine then when big Skippy is suspended 

Remember guys like Steven Fletcher is retired from Scotland duty

I didn’t really mind Chris Martin for Scotland, but he’s obviously never going to get another call up. He’s not played for us in about 4 years, and has done nothing to suggest that’s been an error.

I’d honestly just play Che Adams in Moldova, with Ryan Fraser behind him. As pish as he’s been, Nisbet will stay in the squad. 

8 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I didn’t really mind Chris Martin for Scotland, but he’s obviously never going to get another call up. He’s not played for us in about 4 years, and has done nothing to suggest that’s been an error.

I’d honestly just play Che Adams in Moldova, with Ryan Fraser behind him. As pish as he’s been, Nisbet will stay in the squad. 

Tony Watt hasn't been in for three seasons still doesn't stop some people in here championing him to be,and he is more a striker than a CF anyway 

Tell you what though would love big Dykes to move to Newcastle or Burnley in Jan

Cos I could see Hardie replacing him in the championship for QPR if he keeps his form up,Warburton tried to sign him before for the U23 team when he was still with Rangers 

I don’t think Tony Watt should be getting called up, but he’s had a great season so far - certainly better than Chris Martin, and at a higher level than Ryan Hardie or Ross Stewart. I can see why people are saying he could be worth a look, though I don’t agree myself. 

Newcastle have just been bought over by the Saudi wealth fund, I think they might be setting their sights a bit higher than Lyndon Dykes.

If Hardie proves he can hack it in the English Championship, then he might be worth looking at. As it is, he hasn’t, so he isn’t. And as has been pointed out, he’s been outscored by Cole fucking Stockton so it’s really no that impressive. 

Ross Stewart will never be worth looking at, because he’s a dreadful footballer.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don’t think Tony Watt should be getting called up, but he’s had a great season so far - certainly better than Chris Martin, and at a higher level than Ryan Hardie or Ross Stewart. I can see why people are saying he could be worth a look, though I don’t agree myself. 

Newcastle have just been bought over by the Saudi wealth fund, I think they might be setting their sights a bit higher than Lyndon Dykes.

If Hardie proves he can hack it in the English Championship, then he might be worth looking at. As it is, he hasn’t, so he isn’t. And as has been pointed out, he’s been outscored by Cole fucking Stockton so it’s really no that impressive. 

Ross Stewart will never be worth looking at, because he’s a dreadful footballer.

Lots off players move up the divisions without actually having played in what ever league they end up in

Hardie is fitter than he has ever been he is playing off the defenders shoulder and getting through on goal,he is scoring all kinds off different finishes looking very composed 

Stewart is more off a battering ram exactly like Dykes is,can also remember people saying he is a awful footballer to some say he still is

But for him and Stewart they really don't need to be fantastic footballers they need to hold it up and be the foil for the ones that can play around him

Genuinely hope Sunderland come up as well cracking big club were Stewart plays with big club pressure on his head every week same as at RFC and CFC

I’m sorry, are you suggesting that playing for Sunderland, a club who’re spending their fifth consecutive season in league one and haven’t yet managed to finish above fourth in it, is the same pressure as playing for Celtic or Rangers, clubs expected to win their division, domestic cups and compete in European competitions?

Thats fucking mental. 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m sorry, are you suggesting that playing for Sunderland, a club who’re spending their fifth consecutive season in league one and haven’t yet managed to finish above fourth in it, is the same pressure as playing for Celtic or Rangers, clubs expected to win their division, domestic cups and compete in European competitions?

Thats fucking mental. 

Sunderland are expected to win there division to,also who expects to compete in Europe with teams splashing more money than AF every year?What fans are you speaking for exactly?Cos any Rangers and Celtic fan know they aren't always even going to be in Europe never mind compete in it only reason Rangers made it is cos off the boss

Sunderland are a massive club there history has saw them win numerous titles and cup competitions 

Might be a joke these days like Leeds used to be but they can come back strong would love to see it to great club with a strong history of signing Scotsmen 

1 hour ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

It won't be McBurnie or Martin.  That's just not going to happen.

If another attacker is required, then it's Russell>Shankland>Watt, or something like that.  That projection is based on recent familiarity and performances.  No one is getting a debut up front for these games, nor a call up from the wilderness.

Surely Russell is in the wilderness !?

1 minute ago, Ewan8472 said:

Surely Russell is in the wilderness !?

And he always will be untill he gets double vaxed same as Gauld and Elliott wouldn't mind seeing Russell in the squad though at least he is on form he is on.better form than Nisbet and like Nisbet is a clever player 

Clarke won't drop Nisbet though it would crush is confidence and strikers thrive on confidence 

29 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Will take Newcastle three seasons to win the EPL I would reckon 

So first couple off windows by the best around them weaken the league mid table probably the best to hope for this year

Second season siphon off top 6 players diminish the league even more get into CL

Third season start buying the superstars and go for the title

Dykes in Jan when the best players aren't available anyway isn't a crazy shout at all especially the way he continues to improve 

17 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Sunderland are expected to win there division to,also who expects to compete in Europe with teams splashing more money than AF every year?What fans are you speaking for exactly?Cos any Rangers and Celtic fan know they aren't always even going to be in Europe never mind compete in it only reason Rangers made it is cos off the boss

Sunderland are a massive club there history has saw them win numerous titles and cup competitions 

Might be a joke these days like Leeds used to be but they can come back strong would love to see it to great club with a strong history of signing Scotsmen 

Falkirk are expected to win their division, it’s still not the same as playing for the OF

I would say most OF fans (that I know) expect their clubs to make the Europa league group stages, at least, every season.

Sunderland’s most recent major honour was in 1973. It’s also the only major honour they’ve won since World War Two happened. They aren’t, by any measure, a massive club in the context of English football.

I’m going to leave this chat now.

3 hours ago, General dissaray said:

I actually think you make some good points but this is utterly wild. Their last of their "numerous" titles was won in 1936, and in 2 years time they'll be celebrating the 50th anniversary of their last major trophy. Not a massive club at all. A medium sized club.

7 hours ago, velo army said:

I actually think you make some good points but this is utterly wild. Their last of their "numerous" titles was won in 1936, and in 2 years time they'll be celebrating the 50th anniversary of their last major trophy. Not a massive club at all. A medium sized club.

I

Have you ever visited the North East?Ìf the players aren't doing it the public aren't slow in telling them on the street,it's very much the same as Glasgow 

3 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Have you ever visited the North East?Ìf the players aren't doing it the public aren't slow in telling them on the street,it's very much the same as Glasgow 

There is something in this. When Celtic (I think) battered them in a pre-season friendly a few years ago the fans actually rioted in the streets. After a friendly...

The passion of fans in the Northeast of England is on another level.

I still wouldn't be calling up Ross Stewart though until he's doing the business in the Championship.

I wasn't denying that the fans are passionate and demand success, it's just not a massive club in terms of trophies won, as their last major trophy came two years after ours. They've also been a yo-yo club for the last 30 years. 

If Ross Stewart or Ryan Hardie start doing it at a higher level, then they should be thought about. Hopefully they do kick on.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

I wasn't denying that the fans are passionate and demand success, it's just not a massive club in terms of trophies won, as their last major trophy came two years after ours. They've also been a yo-yo club for the last 30 years. 

If Ross Stewart or Ryan Hardie start doing it at a higher level, then they should be thought about. Hopefully they do kick on.

Northern Ireland happilly call up league one players maybe by more of necessity than choice,but guys like Will Greig still fired them to the Euroes 

I don't see why Hardie or Stewart are any less off a choice than the guys playing in SPL because they are actually natural nines and not just standard run off the mill strikers

Brophy 

Watt

McNulty 

All been capped

19 hours ago, General dissaray said:

Chris Martin

Sirki Dembele 

Callum Paterson 

Are both knocking in goals in the English championship at a better standard than the SPL so stick your Tony Watt pater straight in the bin

Callum Paterson is playing in League One, the same level as Ross Stewart and Ryan Hardie who I’ve already talked down and has a grand total of 2 goals.

Siriki Dembele has scored 2 goals in his last 11.

Chris Martin will be 33 by the time the games come up and hasn’t really worked for us before.

Watt isn’t perfect but he’ll work hard for the team, he’s in his best goal scoring run of his career that I can recall. He’s not the answer long term but a better one than your 2 has beens, Martin and Paterson 😂, Dembele could be an option in the future but Watt is a stronger one at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Callum Paterson is playing in League One, the same level as Ross Stewart and Ryan Hardie who I’ve already talked down and has a grand total of 2 goals.

Siriki Dembele has scored 2 goals in his last 11.

Chris Martin will be 33 by the time the games come up and hasn’t really worked for us before.

Watt isn’t perfect but he’ll work hard for the team, he’s in his best goal scoring run of his career that I can recall. He’s not the answer long term but a better one than your 2 has beens, Martin and Paterson 😂, Dembele could be an option in the future but Watt is a stronger one at the moment.

If you actually look at what I was meaning with the championship 

I mixed up Callum with Jamie aren't interested with Callum at all its Jamie that should be considered and should have been years ago at Forrest to 

33 is nothing Naismith was scoring goals at that age so was Miller and McCoist its all about how you look after yourself look at Defoe to he was coming in doing it last year and was a lot older

1 minute ago, General dissaray said:

If you actually look at what I was meaning with the championship 

I mixed up Callum with Jamie aren't interested with Callum at all its Jamie that should be considered and should have been years ago at Forrest to 

33 is nothing Naismith was scoring goals at that age so was Miller and McCoist its all about how you look after yourself look at Defoe to he was coming in doing it last year and was a lot older

Jamie Paterson is eligible but he’s never suggested he wants to play for Scotland, he would probably come in and play one game and never be seen again, Tony Watt knows half the team and wouldn’t take any integration, as has been said by Clarke & co many times, they want to create a club mentality, bringing in a random for one game isn’t going to do that.

I’m sorry but I’m not having that, Naismith, Miller and McCoist played at the top level, the highest level of Chris Martin’s career is a season where he amassed a total of 4 appearances for Norwich in the Premier League, it’s hardly comparable.

3 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Jamie Paterson is eligible but he’s never suggested he wants to play for Scotland, he would probably come in and play one game and never be seen again, Tony Watt knows half the team and wouldn’t take any integration, as has been said by Clarke & co many times, they want to create a club mentality, bringing in a random for one game isn’t going to do that.

I’m sorry but I’m not having that, Naismith, Miller and McCoist played at the top level, the highest level of Chris Martin’s career is a season where he amassed a total of 4 appearances for Norwich in the Premier League, it’s hardly comparable.

McCoist failed at Sunderland and Paterson has said he wants to play for Scotland also how do you know it would be for one cap?

Look at Andy Constidine he was a lot older and got more also Greer came in late on his career played loads off games

Watt hasn't been in the squad for three seasons he wasn't near for a reason

And if we want to talk about randoms Clarke tried to call up Ralston and he is still the same Ralston that wasn't good enough for Celtic last year now he is what a laugh that is