Brown on Naismith - compliance officer?

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I would imagine that the meeting went something like this. “Ok guys, we’re not going to waste any time by looking at what actually happened on Saturday. Bottom line is this, after letting Morelos off last week, there is no way in the world that we can recommend  Broony be red carded. I don’t care if he took out an Uzi and mowed down the whole Hearts team, he walks. And unfortunately, because of that we can’t really go after Naismith either. Let’s wait until we get a Motherwell, Arbroath or Edinburgh City player to look at, then we can apply the proper rules.”

That's it. The words wouldn't be said out loud of course. And having to let Naismith away with it will really have rankled them. Watch out - in his next game if he so much as farts, he's getting a card.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OF have got away with it for as long as I can remember.  Rangers in particular for many years and then more recently Celtic when Rangers died / profile dropped. This followed the Celtic fans and the club itselfs high profile protests a few years ago. Both sets of fans were experts at picking up on the small number of decisions that go against them but tend to forget the many that they benefitted from.

ps expect Rangers to get increased protection from the refs as their TV profile grows again with Gerard in charge.

I would imagine that the meeting went something like this. “Ok guys, we’re not going to waste any time by looking at what actually happened on Saturday. Bottom line is this, after letting Morelos off last week, there is no way in the world that we can recommend  Broony be red carded. I don’t care if he took out an Uzi and mowed down the whole Hearts team, he walks. And unfortunately, because of that we can’t really go after Naismith either. Let’s wait until we get a Motherwell, Arbroath or Edinburgh City player to look at, then we can apply the proper rules.”
Arbroath deserve it.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

This is nothing to do with Morelos or Sevco, Broonaldo has been getting away with this nonsense for years now.

Tho scapegoating Sevco is an easy option.

Au contraire mon ami. It's everything to do with sourpus. He got a laughable card recission so Browny couldn't be touched so naisy gets off too. All 3 were guity as sin.

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So sad, yet so true

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I often think that stuff sounds a bit 'tin foil hat'.

It's kind of hard to avoid it as a conclusion though.  Scott Brown really does seem to bask in some type of immunity.

To the contrary of the 'tin foil hat' outlook, I don't understand how anyone can consider Scottish football a level playing field at all.  My father used to talk about the joke he grew up with if Rangers drew a game...who missed their last minute penalty?...so it's far from new. I can only put it down to a mixture of naive trust in authority and being too close to it all. 

58 minutes ago, bennett said:

This is nothing to do with Morelos or Sevco, Broonaldo has been getting away with this nonsense for years now.

Tho scapegoating Sevco is an easy option.

You are quite correct that Browny has been getting away with stuff for years, but this was so blatant that under normal circumstances he would have received a ban. But with the Morelos case last week, and the “we’ve got to take care to treat Rangers and Celtic exactly the same” mindset that is insidious within Scottish football, Browny could not be banned. So, nothing to do with Rangers, but this decision is everything to do with the panels decision last week on Morelos.

58 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You are quite correct that Browny has been getting away with stuff for years, but this was so blatant that under normal circumstances he would have received a ban. But with the Morelos case last week, and the “we’ve got to take care to treat Rangers and Celtic exactly the same” mindset that is insidious within Scottish football, Browny could not be banned. So, nothing to do with Rangers, but this decision is everything to do with the panels decision last week on Morelos.

History has shown that he wouldn't have received a ban, only the fuss made about Naismith brought a ' what about broon' response from hearts. It probably saved Naismith from a ban.

47 minutes ago, bennett said:

History has shown that he wouldn't have received a ban, only the fuss made about Naismith brought a ' what about broon' response from hearts. It probably saved Naismith from a ban.

You see all your evidence on the telly don’t you? Every game. All season.

Scottish football really has makes no attempt at hiding its bias towards the bigger clubs.

Last week Morelos kicks a player off the ball - red card rescinded.

This week Brown whacks an opponent in the face - no case to answer.

Can you just imagine what Jim Goodwin would have had thrown at him for either of those (or Naismith's kick/stamp).

2 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Excellent viewing to see Naismith getting smashed on the coupon. More of that to come throughout the season I hope.
The benchmark has been set with the overturning on Morelos’ red card. No Rangers fan (grass) can complain to the SFA about this.

How has the benchmark been set ffs, morelos was sent off and it effectively cost rangers 2 points, brown and naismith will face no action for incidents worse than morelos, and are now available for the next 3 games, what if brown or naismith play a vital role in the winner in these games

If the morelos red card was missed and he was cited afterwards, the chances are we beat aberdeen and still have a fantastic chance of beating St mirren at home without him, instead we drop 2 points this season already, morelos, brown naismith incidents are completely different

2 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Scottish football really has makes no attempt at hiding its bias towards the bigger clubs.

Last week Morelos kicks a player off the ball - red card rescinded.

This week Brown whacks an opponent in the face - no case to answer.

Can you just imagine what Jim Goodwin would have had thrown at him for either of those (or Naismith's kick/stamp).

Who benefitted more from the morelos red card that was then rescinded, rangers or aberdeen? 

56 minutes ago, bennett said:

Disagree with most of the attention seeking rubbish that you put on here, but you are spot on about Browny saving Naismith a ban here.

5 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

How has the benchmark been set ffs, morelos was sent off and it effectively cost rangers 2 points, brown and naismith will face no action for incidents worse than morelos, and are now available for the next 3 games, what if brown or naismith play a vital role in the winner in these games

If the morelos red card was missed and he was cited afterwards, the chances are we beat aberdeen and still have a fantastic chance of beating St mirren at home without him, instead we drop 2 points this season already, morelos, brown naismith incidents are completely different

If Morelos had stayed on the pitch for the whole 90 minutes at Pittodrie, Aberdeen would have picked off Rangers on the counterattack and Rangers would have ended with no points. So the referee did you lot a favour.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If Morelos had stayed on the pitch for the whole 90 minutes at Pittodrie, Aberdeen would have picked off Rangers on the counterattack and Rangers would have ended with no points. So the referee did you lot a favour.

Lol, do you have a permit to fish here

Archived