Lewis Ferguson

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what was the fee Hamilton got for Brophy? He also started playing for them at a young age and been developing at the club a similar time so have to imagine Kilmarnock paid close to a million for him then?

McGinn went to Hibs for 120k and a 33% sell on when he was out of contract with us. He had nearly 100 appearances and had won a national trophy. This was negotiated  between the clubs as opposed to tribunal.

Surely about 200k and a sell on for this? 

5 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I believe Motherwell stated we'd be due £650k as a development fee for Chris Cadden when Hearts made a low bid. Considering he's been playing in the first team for years and has numerous under 21 caps, I can't see Accies getting anywhere near that for Ferguson.

That doesn't really link to the point Gray and MacDonald are trying to make, as Cadden had only made six appearances at the age of 18. He also hadn't represented Scotland by then. 

This is from a quick glance at Wikipedia though, so it could be wrong. 

If Aberdeen have done their sums correctly and the tribunal (and Hamilton?) acknowledge that he could have moved to England, Wales or Ireland for £110k then surely anything more than double that would be a ludicrous precedent for the SFA to set.

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

We got a sell on clause from the Stephen Hendrie tribunal and Eamonn Brophy development fee. I’ll be flabbergasted if we don’t get one from this.

Good stuff..... How much did you get from the sell on clause in Hendrie's move to West Ham.

I believe he was released without ever playing a first team game for them. Is that correct ?

1 hour ago, Sheep62 said:

Good stuff..... How much did you get from the sell on clause in Hendrie's move to West Ham.

I believe he was released without ever playing a first team game for them. Is that correct ?

Correct, the sell on percentage was there though as ruled by the tribunal. So hopefully Ferguson doesn't follow the same path after we are awarded a percentage of his next sale.

1 hour ago, d31 said:

Brophy was a free transfer?

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Dunno one of the Hamilton fans said they got a development fee for him?

Yes, But he was offered a contract equal to or greater than his existing terms with us so by the rules in place Kilmarnock had to pay us a development fee to sign him. Which was agreed mutually between both clubs so didn't go to a tribunal unlike this case.

24 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Correct, the sell on percentage was there though as ruled by the tribunal. So hopefully Ferguson doesn't follow the same path after we are awarded a percentage of his next sale.

So again I'll ask what was the sell on % and how much did you get from it ?

I see you turned down a £2m bid from West Ham for him. How much did the tribunal award you ?

58 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

So again I'll ask what was the sell on % and how much did you get from it ?

I see you turned down a £2m bid from West Ham for him. How much did the tribunal award you ?

The amount we received for Hendrie was widely reported at the time as being around £800-£1m.

Archived