Lewis Ferguson

1 hour ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

I doubt it. I don't think anyone knows how they come by their decision . I fully expect Accies to be shafted though.

I am pretty sure it is tbf.  That and length of contract he was offered will play a part.

Hopefully for Accies sake he was offered a decent wage.

I think it will be about 350k in the end.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He played in the same position as Greg Docherty, who was our first choice attacking midfielder.  As soon as Docherty left for Rangers, Ferguson became first choice pick.  We had two very good players who both played in the same position.

Exactly - thanks for confirming my point. So Ferguson wasn’t seen to be as good as Docherty by his club and coaching staff(or fans). You could argue that it was the combined departure of Docherty, Gillespie, and Donati in the same window that opened the door for Lewis. Even then Accies chose not to offer him a contract extension until he had been a first team regular for a further 2 months.
Docherty had just signed a 3 year contract with Accies and was sold to Sevco for anything between nothing and £600k(depending on the media outlet and internet bampots you follow).
But we are expected to not snigger when Les Gray claims the lesser player, who was out of contract, is worth 2 or more Greg Dochertys on long contracts.
Looking at how Ferguson’s last season at Accies played out, I really struggle with the leap from bit-part squad player struggling to get a contract extension offer, to million pound man.
As I say, I think Accies case for £1.25m looks really weak and they are grandstanding and highballing via the media.

8 hours ago, bpdon said:

Exactly - thanks for confirming my point. So Ferguson wasn’t seen to be as good as Docherty by his club and coaching staff(or fans). You could argue that it was the combined departure of Docherty, Gillespie, and Donati in the same window that opened the door for Lewis.

Incorrect.

8 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Funny to see Aberdeen shitting themselves at having to pay more than thirty pence for a player.  Not so big time now eh you stingy b*****ds.

Would like to nominate this as post of the month.

Before I read this thread, I was hoping that Hamilton would get shafted with a fee of £20k or something like that because it would be funny.  Having read the Aberdeen fans' hubris and shoddy attempts at logic, I'm now hoping it's about £800k.

"If they really thought he was good, why wasn't he first choice at the age of 12?"

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Before I read this thread, I was hoping that Hamilton would get shafted with a fee of £20k or something like that because it would be funny.  Having read the Aberdeen fans' hubris and shoddy attempts at logic, I'm now hoping it's about £800k.

"If they really thought he was good, why wasn't he first choice at the age of 12?"

Utterly seething.

44 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Bubbling mess that Killie don't have any youngsters talented enough for us to steal imo.

23 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

I doubt it. I don't think anyone knows how they come by their decision . I fully expect Accies to be shafted though.

How will you be shafted?

This is pretty simple stuff, I cant fathom why its that tricky to understand.............

He agreed a pre-contract as he decided to leave Hamilton (as is his right), similar to Dylan McGeouch leaving us.

Difference in the 2 situations is that because you developed him, you get recognition for that work.

What you dont get is "his full open market value" as if he was on a long term deal - If your club had valued him that much, they would have tied him down a year earlier (and, yes you could say exactly the same for Hibs with McGeouch).

You cant expect Aberdeen to pay up hundreds of thousands just because a few numb nuts in your office sent a million quid to Nigeria

How will you be shafted?
This is pretty simple stuff, I cant fathom why its that tricky to understand.............
He agreed a pre-contract as he decided to leave Hamilton (as is his right), similar to Dylan McGeouch leaving us.

Stopped reading this utter nonsense here. Stupid crayon eater.

34 minutes ago, Green Day said:

How will you be shafted?

Difference in the 2 situations is that because you developed him, you get recognition for that work.

What you dont get is "his full open market value" as if he was on a long term deal - If your club had valued him that much, they would have tied him down a year earlier (and, yes you could say exactly the same for Hibs with McGeouch).

You cant expect Aberdeen to pay up hundreds of thousands just because a few numb nuts in your office sent a million quid to Nigeria

nae bad i like it

Having read the Aberdeen fans' hubris and shoddy attempts at logic, I'm now hoping it's about £800k. "If they really thought he was good, why wasn't he first choice at the age of 12?"

Ooft. Kris Boyd levels of ostentatious sensationalism there.

Shoddy logic is Accies waiting until March to offer a contract to their superstar million pound man.

A lot of would be experts here.

Can we just accept nae c**t actually knows what the tribunal will land on.

Accepted. I genuinely hope Accies get a fair fee on Tuesday. I have no issues with that.
But it’s really easy to knock big holes in the retrospective rhetoric around their valuation. Surprised that so many on here don’t want to recognise that.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

How will you be shafted?

Absolutely this, it is a development fee, not an open market fee. Not sure why the Hamilton fans on here can’t see that.

Hope we find out tomorrow put this to bed. Anything above quarter of a million and I think we will be doing ok. 5 years of developing the player, including Scotland under 19 caps and first team appearances. 

2 minutes ago, Accies88 said:

Hope we find out tomorrow put this to bed. Anything above quarter of a million and I think we will be doing ok. 5 years of developing the player, including Scotland under 19 caps and first team appearances. 

That sounds pretty reasonable to me as well. You need to have a word with your board.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That sounds pretty reasonable to me as well. You need to have a word with your board.

I think our board are just pissed of that they have made an arse of this one by not having him tied up longer. My dad picked him out playing for the devopment team about two years ago. I do think Aberdeen have been cheeky though trying to get two of our best players for 160 grand. 

Archived