Ayr vs Dunfermline

Looking at the line-up above, that's the best Ayr side in many years.  I look at our squad and think we have the strongest in years too. Two promotion play-off sides possibly. I would be happy with  a point in this one.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'd be willing to make a charity bet that Ayr will finish 10 points or more behind 4th by the end of the season.

Any serious takers can PM me.

Shove it  I don't care I've never said we were play off material staying up and I'd be happy

12 hours ago, Super cally said:

Shove it  I don't care I've never said we were play off material staying up and I'd be happy

Having seen Partick and Morton first hand and taking into account that Alloa are still part time and finished well behind our poor version of Super Ayr last season, then I'm quietly confident of finishing above all three of them.

Play offs certainly don't seem like a bridge too far with our current squad.

I remember lots of people, myself included, dismissing Livvy last season but I just don't see Ayr doing it with that squad.

Theyre notorious for slipping up after good starts and also without shankland on form they're nothing.

If they can beat us easily on sat it would be an eye opener. 

I remember lots of people, myself included, dismissing Livvy last season but I just don't see Ayr doing it with that squad.
Theyre notorious for slipping up after good starts and also without shankland on form they're nothing.
If they can beat us easily on sat it would be an eye opener. 
I fear you may be right - but I hope we're proved wrong.

Last season we had some really woeful spells, and as much as we've strengthened our defence - I think the same could happen again.

If shankland goes we're right back to being relegation fighters. If he stays we can continue to dream.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I fear you may be right - but I hope we're proved wrong.

Last season we had some really woeful spells, and as much as we've strengthened our defence - I think the same could happen again.

If shankland goes we're right back to being relegation fighters. If he stays we can continue to dream.

Got to be more to your team than just Shankland surely

There is but our targets for the season would likely have to change if he left. Don’t think we would go down but right now we are potentially looking at finishing in the top half but without him I think we’d be looking at 7th or 8th.

There is but our targets for the season would likely have to change if he left. Don’t think we would go down but right now we are potentially looking at finishing in the top half but without him I think we’d be looking at 7th or 8th.
What he said.

Archived