Hibs vs Aberdeen

HibsFan

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

I'm slightly fearing a repeat of the Fir Park quarter-final of last season, especially if Hibs score first and early. 

I still think that we lack a connection between midfield and attack, and there will be plenty of pressure on McGinn and Mackay-Steven to create something for us - if Hibs manage to keep these two relatively subdued, they should win. 

I can't see McInnes sticking with the two up-front from Saturday, and I'd imagine he will want an additional midfield body - perhaps Gleeson in for Cosgrove?

I don't think it's an impossible task for us to win, but I see a more straightforward route to victory for Hibs. 

Lewis had his worst game in a dons shirt that night but the central defence looks a lot more solid with Devlin and McKenna in the middle than Reynolds and O'Connor. I think this will be a tight game overall. 

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crowd not looking great tonight from a Hibs POV. f**k knows why. I've done my back in playing Sunday League so I won't be in attendance aswell which will take a fair few off the gate receipts plus its on TV.

Hibs 56 Aberdeen 0

Think we’ve sold around 1,700 which isn’t too bad for a Tuesday night.

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Think we’ve sold around 1,700 which isn’t too bad for a Tuesday night.

Thats excellent for a tuesday match on the TV.

Hibs crowd looking really poor - looking forward to seeing Aberdeen again, last match was ok-ish, but both teams were still gelling a bit.

13-0 to the cabbage

Guest Bob Mahelp

Probably the worst two matches this week we could have asked for given that we're still merrily puttering along on one miss-firing cylinder.

Hibs in a cup-time is more difficult than a league game, and then a Celtic side desperate for a win. Both away.

On top of that, I suspect we'll rest GMS tonight after he was kicked from pillar to post on Saturday, taking away 99.5% of our attacking threat.

Ho hum and all that.

I think the injuries to McGinn and GMS were as big a problem in the Scottish Cup semi, as all the suspensions we picked up in QF replay.

If one or both are out, and with Wright injured, it looks a real struggle to see where the creativity is coming from.

Should they both be fit and healthy - then our defence looks good with Devlin/ McKenna now back in situ together, and in theory, two proper full backs if both Logan and Lowe start.

Hibs still seem to have an element of unpredictability, and have a good recent cup record against us, with only the recent SC SF in 2017 going in our favour in maybe the last six cup meetings.

However, Easter Road is generally a ground we often do well on otherwise, so have to be confident we'll ensure a close tie tonight - hopefully a good open game, as I don't think in it's in our interest to sh1tefest this (unless we're narrowly leading with 10/15mins to go).

Aye all being fit I’d make two changes: Lowe for Considine and Gleeson for Stockgrove.

We shouldn’t need so much physicality against Hibs in theory, and gives us a bit better balance. Hopefully having two more defensive minded players behind him, Shinnie can get forward more and link the attack.

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

Aye all being fit I’d make two changes: Lowe for Considine and Gleeson for Stockgrove.

We shouldn’t need so much physicality against Hibs in theory, and gives us a bit better balance. Hopefully having two more defensive minded players behind him, Shinnie can get forward more and link the attack.

I'd like to see that team in a 4-3-3/4-5-1. Only major worry would be Wilson, or whoever the main striker is, becoming isolated. On paper, though, it is probably our best bet. 

I'd like to see that team in a 4-3-3/4-5-1. Only major worry would be Wilson, or whoever the main striker is, becoming isolated. On paper, though, it is probably our best bet. 

So long as McGinn and GMS push up, and Shinnie doesn’t track back as much as he usually does, it could work. It needs a bit more creativity in the middle though.

Wilson off for Cosgrove/May depending on if we’re winning/losing at 60 mins. Maybe this is the time for Forrester to turn up...

Archived