Hamilton vs St Johnstone

Bit of an even unexciting first half then our deadly attack springs to life and we punish these imposters 

Bingham has been a handful but kerr and Shaughnessy coping better in latter stages of the half 

Hopefully Saints can be a threat countering in the second half and get another goal or two

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah we aren’t scoring today. Steven Boyd is no where near good enough but his goal against Motherwell guaranteed him a start for a few weeks.
Boyd cost the goal giving the ball away far too easily for about the 8th time.

Yeah we aren’t scoring today. Steven Boyd is no where near good enough but his goal against Motherwell guaranteed him a start for a few weeks.
Boyd cost the goal giving the ball away far too easily for about the 8th time.

Huge result for us. We've now got a right b*****d run of games, but this gives us some breathing room over those at the bottom (Dundee, Dundee are still bottom with zero points) 

That’ll do. Scored twice and missed 2 excellent chances to score more. Accies look decent, only really missing a cutting edge as they certainly worked the ball well. They look a better side than Dundee to me. 

The depth we have is ridiculous. Scougall, Davidson, Swanson and Callaghan didn’t get on the park today and we  still looked good in midfield. 

Alston doing his chances no harm just now - I thought he was one of our best player after stepping up with a decent performance last week.

Felt we deserved the win. 

Well that was rancid from our perspective. Taiwo had a nightmare 1st half. No surprise to see him hooked at halftime. But he wasn't the only one. Too many loose passes from Daz as well. Boyd isn't good enough at this level despite his wonder goal a fortnight ago. Bingham can be a handful when he can be bothered but his 1st touch is woeful. Very sloppy defending at both goals. Could have been more for Saints tbh. They really are our bogey team. Need to get the new guys up to speed and bedded in asap.

Today wasn't great by any means, but I'm taking solace in the fact that when Kilgallon and Brustad are added to the squad in two weeks time, that will sure up the defence better and add some more threat up top. And of course there's the question of what Smith can bring to the team, never seem him play but putting him beside either Daz or Taiwo sounds like a good move, a mixture of experience with young hunger and an eye for goal.

Agree that Boyd just isn't up to this level, it's great scoring a wonder goal every now and then but if you're just going to hinder the team for the other 89 minutes then it's not worth the risk.

7 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Well that was rancid from our perspective. Taiwo had a nightmare 1st half. No surprise to see him hooked at halftime. But he wasn't the only one. Too many loose passes from Daz as well. Boyd isn't good enough at this level despite his wonder goal a fortnight ago. Bingham can be a handful when he can be bothered but his 1st touch is woeful. Very sloppy defending at both goals. Could have been more for Saints tbh. They really are our bogey team. Need to get the new guys up to speed and bedded in asap.

Is a bogey team not someone your better than but always lose to? Its not like you never beat us but we are always above you in the league.

Clydebank used to be our bogey team, always lost regardless of form & league position.

Will never knock a win on the road but we should have had the game put to bed before giving Accies hope. That's not to say we coasted throughout but once we got ahead, we looked really comfortable and had to make that count with a third goal, the most obvious opportunity to get it coming from McMillan's back post sitter.

Even after Accies got one back, we should have tied the match up on the break but you go into those final few minutes a lucky break (or a bit of quality) away from only taking a point.

The team looks fine apart from in the centre of the park, where we didn't pick up enough second balls or get our foot on it enough. You don't want a ponderous approach when you have two wingers but being able to hold the ball and slow things down at times is never a bad option to have. Not sure Callachan will address the second issue but should help with picking up the second balls. Nydam was a lot smaller than I envisaged and hard to picture him in the engine room; he was brought on in place of Kennedy.

Pleased for McMillan. Looked like he should have scored the chance that lead to Alston's goal, definitely should have scored at the back post in the second half but didn't make a mistake with his header (back post again) for his goal. Also had a great control on the chest and volley before half-time. He's more intelligent than folk have given him credit for too IMO. Not at the level of MacLean but there is a player in there and one that can score goals.

Accies are alright, you can see how they are trying to play and the new signings could all add something.

10 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Is a bogey team not someone your better than but always lose to? Its not like you never beat us but we are always above you in the league.

Clydebank used to be our bogey team, always lost regardless of form & league position.

This is what I was thinking, as I've seen Hamilton fans mentioning it a lot on twitter. Assume the likes of Celtic and Rangers are bogey teams for them too. 

Wasn't there, but it's refreshing to hear people talk about the amount of chances we've missed over the course of the match, gone are the bad old days when a Brian Graham header was the only shot at goal. 

1 minute ago, Radford said:

That's not to say we coasted throughout but once we got ahead, we looked really comfortable and had to make that count with a third goal, the most obvious opportunity to get it coming from McMillan's back post sitter.

That was a shocker, so was Kanes open goal effort, although he rushed that I thought. Can't really see what young Tristan will bring to the team tbh. Get him and Callachan in CM with Scougall in front for the reserves and let's see what they can do.

Wrote a long post before the site crashed and I can't be fucked re-writing it. The gist of it:

• No midfield whatsoever due to MacKinnon dropping deep and Taiwo covering McGowan. They also just allowed St Johnstone to walk through them out of possession. 
  • The defending for the first goal was mental. Why didn't Boyd just empty it?
  • McMann should've at least tried to stop the cross for the second, but Woods seemed at fault too. 
  • Our goal was a good move. Probably our only one and Kelly and MacKinnon's only successful passes.
  • I feel bad for Bingham and Miller: they get dreadful service and aren't good enough to do it on their own. They looked at their best when we're just launching balls in behind. 
  • Boyd isn't the answer to the creativity issue, and there'll be a lot of unfair pressure on Martin to perform. 

DmCCpFdXgAA4-80.jpg:large

Hey,  that's some lovely painted on, crotch holding fans standing watching from their painted on all-seater stand. Hope they bring in the thousands of pounds our little collect of 'cardboard' chaps did. Must find out who did it as my mate in Glasgow's looking for someone to do a Harry Potter themed mural in his 6 year old sons bedroom.

DmCCpFdXgAA4-80.jpg:large&key=6a3f20875c4582b57f39d64190aaad1c1712e551123fc591f1179ff0cef8fdc3
Hey,  that's some lovely painted on, crotch holding fans standing watching from their painted on all-seater stand. Hope they bring in the thousands of pounds our little collect of 'cardboard' chaps did. Must find out who did it as my mate in Glasgow's looking for someone to do a Harry Potter themed mural in his 6 year old sons bedroom.

IMG_1469.jpg

Someone trying to compare Steven Boyds performance yesterday to David Templeton is exactly why I hate accies world.

Yes but the same boy also suggested that a draw would have been a fair result for both teams. So clearly doesn’t have the ability of sight.

Archived