Haggis

JamieThomas

17 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Moved to this far right religious hellhole 10 months ago, and even vegetarian haggis isn't a thing here. My dear old maw is across to visit for a bit, and smuggled the f**k out of two big bad haggis boys. I don't exaggerate when I say I almost wept when she got them through customs.

Question: if you lads ever left the land of milk and haggis - what would you miss most?

Did she pretend to have massive tits or a set of baws?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

If I moved to the States I'd miss being in a country that doesn't let loonies own firearms legally. 

Otherwise the one thing I'd miss from Scotland is a decent cup of tea. 

5b8db6545455f_arthurdent.jpg.1ddd6b49a3887adab779a205da81d63d.jpg

We can make tea, don't have loonies with guns all over the place, AND have haggis.  We have decided that Haggis and Kinder Surprise eggs are probably less dangerous than assault rifles so allow the sale of those instead

20 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

What went wrong in life, that led you down this horrible path?

The dawning realisation of having been a colossal c**t for the last 25 years, then being an even bigger c**t to everyone around me in the occasional sober spell as I was so pissed off about not being allowed to get hammered. Pretty much on path now to take up yoga and join a cult. 

We don't get fresh chillies here in Japan and only get 1 or 2 dried varieties, so I'm contemplating growing my own. 
Anyone tried this? Any tips?
I'm growing some from seed just now, as well as peppers. Loads of flowers and a few fruits coming but I think it'll be too cold soon to get a half decent crop.

I think the trick is loads of sunlight, heat and very little water - The polar opposite of our climate but obviously you'll be different.

I fed them now and again with regular tomato feed and tried to bring them in when it's been cold and/or wet. Pretty easy to be honest.

11 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

We can make tea, don't have loonies with guns all over the place, AND have haggis.  We have decided that Haggis and Kinder Surprise eggs are probably less dangerous than assault rifles so allow the sale of those instead

I don't know- the difference between firearms and kinder eggs is that it's harder to smuggle an AK47 full of heroin into prison up yer bahoochie!

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Togarashi would be a reasonable substitute?

Yeh it's not bad but it's not just the heat I'm after. Some chillies are quite flavoursome such as jalapenos and scotch bonnets.....that's what I'm missing.

4 hours ago, Kennboy1978 said:

I'm growing some from seed just now, as well as peppers. Loads of flowers and a few fruits coming but I think it'll be too cold soon to get a half decent crop.

I think the trick is loads of sunlight, heat and very little water - The polar opposite of our climate but obviously you'll be different.

I fed them now and again with regular tomato feed and tried to bring them in when it's been cold and/or wet. Pretty easy to be honest.

Cheers. I'll make note of this and add it to the further research I do. Will let you know if I stumble upon some secret method of growing them!

Any pics of these chillies you've grown?

We don't get fresh chillies here in Japan and only get 1 or 2 dried varieties, so I'm contemplating growing my own. 
Anyone tried this? Any tips?

There are loads of varieties and kits for growing your own that require little more than opening, potting and a windowsill in the sun. Apache’s are a very productive window chilli plant that yields dozens of little chilli’s only 2 or 3cm long at most. Don’t be fooled though. Size isn’t everything.

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

There are loads of varieties and kits for growing your own that require little more than opening, potting and a windowsill in the sun. Apache’s are a very productive window chilli plant that yields dozens of little chilli’s only 2 or 3cm long at most. Don’t be fooled though. Size isn’t everything.

I've been looking at seeds on the world of chillies website. Where did you see these "kits"?

I was in Budapest a few weeks ago, and my friend persuaded us to go a Scottish pub (I know) so he could watch the Rangers game (I know). Turns out their box was gubbed and they could only show the English game. Anyway, we decided to get some food. Their menu advertised a "Full English Breakfast".  I ordered the haggis burger (I know) and it was fucking rotten. 

All the bar staff - whilst being wids - were as Hungarian as goulash and had problems understanding a Weegie accent.

Oh, and this was the sign in the window asking you to keep the noise down. 

image.png.7e6f3749efaf662ffd7694011d5b862f.png

Tbf, the sign was the best thing about the place.  Instead of saying "I'm going to have a lie in",  I now say that I plan to "Stay in touch with the resting-place". 

Archived