Scotland v Belgium (07/09/18)

King Kebab

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole scene of arranging friendlies against teams that are much better than us is starting to piss me off. We get drawn against them in qualifying groups all the time. This is just torture and murders any confidence for games that actually matter.

Disagree with this.  However poor we are I’d rather we were playing a quality side in a friendly rather than some diddy team.
Gordon more to blame for the goal than McGinn IMO.  Mulgrew is doing an OK job but passes the buck every time he has a chance to play a difficult ball.
Other than the goal I’m relatively happy with our performance against good opposition.

I'm not saying we should be playing the faroes etc but more a team closer to our level. Getting beat by 3/4/5/whatever the Belgians feel like won't do us any favours. Gordon was at fault for the first as I said earlier. At 0-0 we were doing decent closing the gaps and working them to an extent but it's not been anything good since they scored.

Guest DAVIDB69
This whole scene of arranging friendlies against teams that are much better than us is starting to piss me off. We get drawn against them in qualifying groups all the time. This is just torture and murders any confidence for games that actually matter.

But what did we achieve playing the likes of the Faroes and Estonia in friendlies

1 minute ago, resk said:

Not something you can level at the SFA for once.  We're forced to play a friendly on this date, and the opponents were extremely limited.  

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Disagree with this.  However poor we are I’d rather we were playing a quality side in a friendly rather than some diddy team.
Gordon more to blame for the goal than McGinn IMO.  Mulgrew is doing an OK job but passes the buck every time he has a chance to play a difficult ball.
Other than the goal I’m relatively happy with our performance against good opposition.

I'm not saying we should be playing the faroes etc but more a team closer to our level. Getting beat by 3/4/5/whatever the Belgians feel like won't do us any favours. Gordon was at fault for the first as I said earlier. At 0-0 we were doing decent closing the gaps and working them to an extent but it's not been anything good since they scored.

Given how we’ve played since my last post I’ve decided that the Faroes is at our level.  :(

Archived