Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

936 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You should stick to posting gifs and memes, mate.  When you try to string a few words together it's clear that you're on foreign territory.
Surprising to see an utterly atrocious post from yourself. Very very surprising.

Save your stupid shit for the **** thread you love to police so much. Folk who go to football matches are talking.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Surprising to see an utterly atrocious post from yourself. Very very surprising.

Save your stupid shit for the **** thread you love to police so much. Folk who go to football matches are talking.

Not in the least bit surprised to see you stamping your wee foot and having a touch of the vapours.  It was nothing more than a quip but that's all that's needed to set you on the path to hysteria.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

This equalled Rangers' biggest ever win over Aberdeen, and yet some would have you believe it was entirely unsurprising.

There you go.

Not even unprecedented; yet still somehow astonishing.

A quick glance at head to head stats establishes that Rangers have beaten Aberdeen by 3 or 4 on umpteen occasions during the last couple of decades, despite managing to die at one point.

You can even find a 5-0 in the last fifteen or so.  Right now, they're clearly able to flex financial muscle in relation to non-OF sides again.  There's therefore nothing remarkable when they thrash some of them.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Quite funny people are complaining about Cowan being an old rambling bigot then Kincy appears to make him look like a young up with the times hipster.

Aye.  You should post about me on one of these 'Top 5' things that you diddy p***ks do.

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There you go.

Not even unprecedented; yet still somehow astonishing.

A quick glance at head to head stats establishes that Rangers have beaten Aberdeen by 3 or 4 on umpteen occasions during the last couple of decades, despite managing to die at one point.

You can even find a 5-0 in the last fifteen or so.  Right now, they're clearly able to flex financial muscle in relation to non-OF sides again.  There's therefore nothing remarkable when they thrash some of them.

Finally off the fence then.

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nah, still fence perching.

Notice that I refer to the club's death, while implicitly recognising a continuity.

Best result in 15 years in that fixture is actually remarkable just as Aberdeen's first win at Ibrox in 26 years was too.

Cowan thinks Henri Camara introduced snoods to Scottish football.

Camara played for Celtic 04-05. Snoods were not popular in football until circa 2010. Shock that he'd pick a Celtic or Sevco player.

I should that although I complain about it more often I still like the show on the whole. It's just that it's definitely on a downward trajectory in terms of quality and some things are becoming more annoying, most notably their increasing pandering to Sevco and Celtic, their utter lack of knowledge over Scottish football and its history and Cowan's tropes and yer da patter. It still has legs but can see it dying in a few years.

Edited by DA Baracus

16 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I listened to the podcast the other day and Tam Cowan claimed that "it wasn't that long ago Falkirk against Raith was a top flight game".  Raith haven't played Falkirk in the top flight since 1996.

23 years ago!

Falkirk were relegated that season (95/96). Raith were relegated the season after and haven't played in the top league since.

16 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I listened to the podcast the other day and Tam Cowan claimed that "it wasn't that long ago Falkirk against Raith was a top flight game".  Raith haven't played Falkirk in the top flight since 1996.

23 years ago!

To be fair, that's just age.

Left to my own devices, I think it isn't that long ago since Airdrie were a good cup team regularly reaching cup semis and finals.

I think our footballing perceptions from our relative youth just stick with us forever. I still find it strange that Accies are a top flight team, for example. They just never were when I was a kid.

If the alternatives are Gary Lineker on poverty wages of about £1.7mil. or whatever, he has to force that creepy grin to let you know he's trying to be funny, I always remember Adrian Chiles on big money, who had to chuck it in because of his depression, I mean, who knew? he seemed so happy-go-lucky.

If I had to choose between either of those or Tam Cowan, no contest.