Queens v Ross County

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Wondering if Dobbie can continue his fine goal scoring form today?

Goals have come ridiculously quickly and easily in these recent games. The rush of several goals within a few minutes of each other in the Palmerston games has been pretty freakish and won't continue today.

I'd happily settle for Dobbie getting one today.  As a team though, I think we'll need more than that to get something.  I still see our defence as brittle and accident prone.  This afternoon, they're likely to be tested.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Goals have come ridiculously quickly and easily in these recent games. The rush of several goals within a few minutes of each other in the Palmerston games has been pretty freakish and won't continue today.

I'd happily settle for Dobbie getting one today.  As a team though, I think we'll need more than that to get something.  I still see our defence as brittle and accident prone.  This afternoon, they're likely to be tested.

Brittle but capable defence. There have been improvements on last season and we have got two first team defenders out. There is hope there along with our great attacking players that we can take something today.

Having only witnessed the first half no-show against Dundee United and the second half capitulation against Crusaders from our recent run of games I’m not feeling especially confident ahead of this one.

I’m sure those that were at the Falkirk, St Johnstone and Ayr games will have a differing viewpoint though.

If we can get a draw today I’d imagine I’ll be reasonably happy.

Having only witnessed the first half no-show against Dundee United and the second half capitulation against Crusaders from our recent run of games I’m not feeling especially confident ahead of this one.

I’m sure those that were at the Falkirk, St Johnstone and Ayr games will have a differing viewpoint though.

If we can get a draw today I’d imagine I’ll be reasonably happy.
Play stay at home today then :D

Today should be a good indicator of where we really are. Hoping for 3 points but would take a point.

45 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Today should be a good indicator of where we really are. Hoping for 3 points but would take a point.

Yes, pretty much this.

Obviously it depends how it goes.  If we draw having been two up, it won't feel great.  At this stage though, a draw would probably be decent.  I don't want us looking for one though.  We need to be looking to win home games.

I agree with that, I have been very pleasantly surprised with  how well the team has been playing, especially in recent weeks. I have to admit that during pre season I was Mr Doom and it is wonderful to be completely wrong. Long may it continue and the goals keep on a coming. 

Decent performance so far with a few chances created.  Dobbie crashed one off the bar on about half an hour.  

I'm not convinced of an offside for the disallowed County goal on half time, but Harkins was getting fouled relentlessly just before the ball broke. 

Queens been the better team.  Their 4231 matching up to County’s 352 to the extent that Dykes has dropped off a little and QoS’ front three have gone man-for-man against County’s defence, which so caused problems to County from an organisational point of view. Dykes breaking from deep has been the best player.  County too slow in moving the ball across the width of the pitch.  Queens have had three good chances. 

County need to change shape IMO but with Draper in the middle of the back three, County would need two subs just to do that.

I’m in Kinlochleven. Either I’ve got no signal or nothing has happened since Jacobs yellow card 25 min ago. Following on QOS twitter. Any news?

Whoever is in charge of the Queens Twitter account should hang his/her head in shame, every week the updates are non existent.

I thought that was pretty enjoyable for 0-0.

The first half was our better one.  We got deep in the second half and County got on top, without ever coming terribly close.

In terms of sights of goal we maybe just shaded it, but overall, a draw was about right.

Archived