Airdrieonians vs Dumbarton

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Fake news.

They are 2 points ahead of us and in a similar run of form. If anything it's as tight as a nun's pisser between the two of us in terms of form, results and league positioning.

I dont see it that way.Of course i wasnt talking about points but play.They HIBSED it  vs Raith...we did the same vs Brechin!!!!Also believe they are playing like a team.We cant say that at all.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont see it that way.Of course i wasnt talking about points but play.They HIBSED it  vs Raith...we did the same vs Brechin!!!!Also believe they are playing like a team.We cant say that at all.
Raith drew with Brechin, 'Hibsing' it against Raith is hardly a better achievement than doing it against Brechin.

How do you know they are playing as a team? I don't imagine you've watched them and by all accounts their supporters think they have been poor and want the manager bagged. That hardly suggests they are playing as a team or on a level above ourselves.

In reality it's two teams who have been struggling and expected to be doing better than they are.

TEAM | Adam, Ballantyne, Dyer, Dowie, Hutton, Forbes, R Barr, Spencer, Allardice, Aitchison, Thomson. Subs - Perry, Carswell, Gallagher, Russell, Loy, McGowan. #sonsvairdrie

Hopefully that's Thommo alongside Aitchison, as the 4-3-3 last week was far more of a 4-5-1 in practice. Kind of surprised to see Hutton starting on Astro given he needs an op mind you.

TEAM | Adam, Ballantyne, Dyer, Dowie, Hutton, Forbes, R Barr, Spencer, Allardice, Aitchison, Thomson. Subs - Perry, Carswell, Gallagher, Russell, Loy, McGowan. #sonsvairdrie
Hopefully that's Thommo alongside Aitchison, as the 4-3-3 last week was far more of a 4-5-1 in practice. Kind of surprised to see Hutton starting on Astro given he needs an op mind you.
Slightly disappointed we are going with a midfielder up front and a midfield two of Hutton and Spencer (neither of them fill me with confidence). I can only assume Carswell is struggling after going off last week.

I'd have preferred Loy or Gallagher to start up front with Thomson in midfield but if we win then who gives a f**k.

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Slightly disappointed we are going with a midfielder up front and a midfield two of Hutton and Spencer (neither of them fill me with confidence). I can only assume Carswell is struggling after going off last week.

I'd have preferred Loy or Gallagher to start up front with Thomson in midfield but if we win then who gives a f**k.

With that line up SA is taking a big chance.Benching Seagal,Carswell and Beanie is a risk.Hutton and Spencer looks a weak link to me.Again SA please prove me wrong.

With that line up SA is taking a big chance.Benching Seagal,Carswell and Beanie is a risk.Hutton and Spencer looks a weak link to mew.Again SA please prove me wrong.
Gallagher has barely kicked a ball since missing a penalty against Forfar which seems a bit odd to me. Like I said if we get the 3 points it doesn't matter but it's probably not the starting 11 I'd have picked.

This has been pretty good so far. We're good value for the lead and (for the first time in a wee while) actually look like a cohesive unit with a game plan.

We're still having issues with the final product and really need to be forcing David Hutton into more action, but that's the on complaint I've got.

The goal was really nicely worked. Ross Forbes sent Jack Aitchison free with a clever ball, he exchanged passes with Bobby Barr, bodied Grant Gallagher and rolled in Brad Spencer who had all the time in the world to smash the ball in.

Mark my words though, if Airdrie do get level (or score at all) Joao Victoria will be involved. He's getting a lot of joy out of Ballantyne.

17 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:
20 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken said:
Goal sounds really unlucky.

Very unlucky, luck evened itself out imo

Care to explain a bit more? I'm not at the game so not sure what you're referring to.

Sounds frustrating to not hold on but I don't think that is the worst result... if only Arbroath hadn't got that 2nd goal then it wouldn't have changed much at all.

Care to explain a bit more? I'm not at the game so not sure what you're referring to.
Sounds frustrating to not hold on but I don't think that is the worst result... if only Arbroath hadn't got that 2nd goal then it wouldn't have changed much at all.
Not very often a player can be bodied off the ball and no foul given. Led directly to your goal

1 minute ago, squeezeboxson said:

Aye but they did.Thats why they will go up easily.We are now 9 pts adrift....

Archived