P & B Curry Club

On 9/20/2018 at 22:24, JamieThomas said:

That's the one. Couldn't tell you the name of the street, only went when I was visiting mates that lived in the West End.

Old Dumbarton Road.

The others are on Cambridge Street (in the old Fazzi's), and at the bottom of Byres Road.

Seconded Zen's shout for Apricot in Dunfermline. Get the lamb choila starter - they must use heroin as a marinade or something because it is super addictive. I'm wanting a plate of it now in fact and I've just had my breakfast. Mother India Cafe is another good one that's been mentioned. There's also an Indian vegetarian restaurant in Edinburgh called Kalpna which is superb. I'm a huge carnivore and would never usually order anything without meat but I had their thalli there and it was superb. They also do a vegan thalli which was surprisingly favoursome.

On 9/19/2018 at 18:28, alta-pete said:

Slightly left field but try The Kukri just up from Haymarket. Nepalese, not Indian, but utterly fabulous every time I’ve been in.

On 9/19/2018 at 18:30, Tynierose said:

Top shout, fantastic little place.  Can also endorse the earlier call for Delhi's Winter in Linlithgow.  The Sanam is Falkirk is also excellent 

Yep, it's great. I once bit into what I thought was a slice of green pepper and turn out to be a whole finger chilli. One side of my face pretty much went into spasm, couldn't stop my eye from running. Was like a precursor to a stroke. Good times

On 9/20/2018 at 19:05, JamieThomas said:

Place I loved in Glasgow was the Banana Leaf. Had a wee look on Google and see they've got three shops now, rather than just the wee front room. Good on them - top scran. 

sally.png

Bit of confusion here-  there's only one Indian Banana Leaf in Glasgow, the one across the road-ish from the Kelvingrove Art Galleries. 

The ones on Byres Rd and at Cowcaddens are the same Chinese / Malaysian place, which are also excellent but obviously a different type of food. The kung pao chicken from there is the spiciest Chinese food I think I've ever had though.

Also, Balbir's is good but it's a touch overpriced IMO.

Probably the best curry I've had all year was the one in Fort William, but as I'd just walked the West Highland Way they could probably have served me jobby jalfrezi and I'd have been OK with it.

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Bit of confusion here-  there's only one Indian Banana Leaf in Glasgow, the one across the road-ish from the Kelvingrove Art Galleries. 

The ones on Byres Rd and at Cowcaddens are the same Chinese / Malaysian place, which are also excellent but obviously a different type of food. The kung pao chicken from there is the spiciest Chinese food I think I've ever had though.

Sounds like they need to get the lawyers on that raita way

Spoiler

pls kill me

Big fan of St Johns Curry Club in Corstorphine, lots of  variety in terms of curries and all top quality also the Guru at Fountainbridge - Curries aren't as good as St Johns but the Elephant's Ear Naan breads are a real institution.

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, nilgirispice said:

Our takeaway Menu is rich in varieties that you may hardly find in any other  Indian takeaway Edinburgh. You can order our chef’s specials as well as the unique Nilgiri dishes from our Indian restaurant. 

Were you dragged up? You haven't even commented on how much you agree with the comments made first. Ignorance!