Betfred Semi-Finals

glasgow-sheep

The stuff immediately round the stadium will be fine I'm sure - but I'd venture that Fucking Mental Sunday (the BT graphics guys are on it) isn't the best day to take your maiden aunt for tea and scones in the City Centre.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Aye

Shower o c***s, greetin' about having to get up at 6AM AND greetin' about getting home at 1 or 2AM on a Monday morning

What the f**k is wrong with them, eh?

Celtic and Rangers fans regularly had to travel to Inverness/County on Sunday mornings in the past with no trains getting there on time, it's not ideal but it's not a problem unique to Aberdeen. I think it should have been 1 game at Murrayfield and 1 at Hampden and that it's a bad decision doing it this way, but having Aberdeen early kick off is the fairest if like they claim they had to have both games at Hampden. 

Celtic and Rangers fans regularly had to travel to Inverness/County on Sunday mornings in the past with no trains getting there on time, it's not ideal but it's not a problem unique to Aberdeen. I think it should have been 1 game at Murrayfield and 1 at Hampden and that it's a bad decision doing it this way, but having Aberdeen early kick off is the fairest if like they claim they had to have both games at Hampden. 

First class whataboutery

19 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Guarantee the Aberdeen fans moaning about being early would also moan about playing late. Also let's not pretend every single fan gets the train. There are these things called cars and buses.

Quite right they should as well ,  try leaving Hampden at 10pm , getting in the Mount Florida queue , getting to Central , getting up to Queen St then queuing  again  ,,, OH and there more than likely isn,t even a train that heads north at time of night..

I would have thought that due to the fact that Celtic v Hearts and Rangers v Aberdeen are in themselves highly charged fixtures this would be ruled completely out of hand, plus there’s double the amount of fans, supporters buses etc. to get in and out of the place on the roads and rail network, the uncertainty about when the first game will finish due to the potential for ET and pens.
What about arrangements for hospitality at the stadium, which will definitely be one of the things taken into consideration?

Nae chance, surely?

Apparently they think they can manage

And to be fair

If Edinburgh can regularly deal with Hearts or Hibs being at home while there’s a sell out at Murrayfield then Glasgow can surely deal with this as a one off

30 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Sorry, I didn’t word my post well.

I was talking about them putting on an earlier train or two from Aberdeen to Queen Street rather than football specials direct to King’s Park.

The latter could actually be a decent solution.

There is a train starting in Dundee at 8.45 to Queen Street. I suppose that one could start from Aberdeen instead.

There wasn’t 10-15K of them FFS.

Aberdeen continually have to get to Kilmarnock for a 12 Sunday game so don’t know what your point is.

Quite right they should as well ,  try leaving Hampden at 10pm , getting in the Mount Florida queue , getting to Central , getting up to Queen St then queuing  again  ,,, OH and there more than likely isn,t even a train that heads north at time of night..

If it goes to penalties then getting the last train to Edinburgh is a bit dicey never mind Aberdeen

15 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Was that for National Cup semi finals was it?

Aberdeen fans have to go to Kilmarnock for a Sunday lunch time kick off in November and that's a pain in the arse but it isn't a national Cup semi final. They routinely get trips to Glasgow midweek but they aren't National Cup semi finals.

Get ma drift?

And of course the other semi final should have been at Murrayfield. Can you guess why it isn't (and it sin't the mythical contractual bollocks either). Think more along the lines of who it might inconvenience

9 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

How many jobbies will be left on the seats after the first semi?

The toilets will take a beating that day. In all senses.

The re-re-heated pies will be a treat as well.

Anyway, what's the betting that a load of pubs won't be open that day (on police orders)?

P.S. https://uk.megabus.com/journey-planner/journeys?days=1&concessionCount=0&departureDate=2018-10-28&destinationId=38&inboundOtherDisabilityCount=0&inboundPcaCount=0&inboundWheelchairSeated=0&nusCount=0&originId=1&otherDisabilityCount=0&pcaCount=0&totalPassengers=1&wheelchairSeated=0

The toilets will take a beating that day. In all senses.
The re-re-heated pies will be a treat as well.

Anyway, what's the betting that a load of pubs won't be open that day (on police orders)?
P.S. https://uk.megabus.com/journey-planner/journeys?days=1&concessionCount=0&departureDate=2018-10-28&destinationId=38&inboundOtherDisabilityCount=0&inboundPcaCount=0&inboundWheelchairSeated=0&nusCount=0&originId=1&otherDisabilityCount=0&pcaCount=0&totalPassengers=1&wheelchairSeated=0
Glasgow will either be a warzone or a shite over policed fucking bore fest. Hours of queuing to get in and out of of queen st, central and mt florida and nae pints.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

On a side note, the BBC article states that the SPFL is contractually obliged to use Hampden for semi finals and finals, and that Police Scotland advised that the Aberdeen v Rangers should be on first. So for the first statement, when did that start? League Cup semi finals have been held at various other grounds in recent memory. As to the second, is that jist because that is seen as a higher risk fixture?

They need the seats to last for both games so Celtic game had to be the second match. :( 

Guest Bob Mahelp

We're a penalty shoot-out team. Ready for the long haul. 

Big Joe will just be preparing to make the match winning save when Celtic v Hearts are 20 minutes into their game. 

Archived