Jump to content

Betfred Semi-Finals


glasgow-sheep

Recommended Posts

Obviously a few ties to be played to see who joins The Famous in the semifinals. 

Am I correct in saying both semis are on TV now?

If so, presuming, and hopefully they don't, that the other three ties go as expected then there could be a scheduling problem as both The Rangers and Celtic have Europa League games on the Thursday and the Semis are scheduled for the Sat and Sunday.   Bet we end up with a semi v one of them on a Monday night or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Bet we end up with a semi v one of them on a Monday night or something.

Unlikely as there's a full round of games on the Wednesday, including Dundee v Celtic and the Edinburgh derby both on BT Sport. Though maybe they'd prefer not to be showing two games that night.

Rangers play at home on Thursday so if they'd be the ones to play on Saturday if it stayed as Sat/Sun semis.

Of course it would be much more convenient for the Old Firm to be drawn together...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is a Monday night worse than a Tuesday or Wednesday? League Cup semi finals used to be played midweek anyway. A pity if they can't both be at the weekend as that's been better for fans and attendances, but hey ho. There's a 2 in 3 chance of it happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Celtic & Rangers progress tonight, I really fancy them to be drawn together in the semi-final.

Authorities and the Polis would prefer this scenario as domestic violence would be off the scale if they ended up facing each other in the final.

Hopefully St Johnstone and/or Ayr can cause the problem to go away and avoid the last 4 balls containing a hot and a cold one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I'm fairly sure there's precedent for moving European fixtures forward a day in such a situation.

Not sure if you’re having a laugh (highly unlikely), so if you’re not, I’m fairly sure that you’re talking b*ll*cks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Unlikely as there's a full round of games on the Wednesday, including Dundee v Celtic and the Edinburgh derby both on BT Sport. Though maybe they'd prefer not to be showing two games that night.

Rangers play at home on Thursday so if they'd be the ones to play on Saturday if it stayed as Sat/Sun semis.

Of course it would be much more convenient for the Old Firm to be drawn together knocked out...

There you are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a flaw of playing SFs on this particular weekend.

If they were the previous or following weekend they could be Saturday + Sunday whatever happened as only 1 Scottish club can make it to CL groupstage and - perhaps - have Tuesday game. They take this into account for the Final, oddly enough, which is always Sunday after CL/EL midweek.


If OF don't draw each other there's no way they'll play both in Glasgow on the same day (it would mean 1 tie being at Ibrox/Parkhead too) so I'm guessing you're looking at a Monday night tie. Using a different weekend would be better for fans. Indeed as it happens Celtic play Hearts on November 3rd.

UEFA won't move EL ties to accommodate Scottish League Cup foibles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

It's a flaw of playing SFs on this particular weekend.

If they were the previous or following weekend they could be Saturday + Sunday whatever happened as only 1 Scottish club can make it to CL groupstage and - perhaps - have Tuesday game. They take this into account for the Final, oddly enough, which is always Sunday after CL/EL midweek.


If OF don't draw each other there's no way they'll play both in Glasgow on the same day (it would mean 1 tie being at Ibrox/Parkhead too) so I'm guessing you're looking at a Monday night tie. Using a different weekend would be better for fans. Indeed as it happens Celtic play Hearts on November 3rd.

UEFA won't move EL ties to accommodate Scottish League Cup foibles.

Talking about Murrayfield for the second tie potentially. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...