Betfred Semi-Finals

glasgow-sheep

27 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You've memorised the fixtures for all 30+ European football leagues ??  I might have jumped off at the deep end, but you might just be overestimating your knowledge.

Possibly, but you come back when you find any fixture across Europe played 2 days after a EL game.  Not scheduled ahead of time, actually going ahead.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When Celtic fans go to Germany your match ticket is your ticket for the public transport on the day of the game,this is just one example of how backward this country treats football fans.
Football is our national sport yet fans are treated like the dregs of society.
Because the fans of the 2 cheeks simply are the dregs of society

12 hours ago, GordonS said:

Celtic fans moaning about Hearts getting an advantage, while they've played every cup semi and finals for years in a stadium that literally has a "Celtic end" is the land beyond irony.

Although it'll never actually happen, I'd love it it they made Hearts & Celtic play at Hampden but put the Celtic fans in the 'Rangers' end on the basis that the eastern side is easier to access from the east where the vast majority of Hearts fans will be travelling from.  The resultant seethe and demands that they'd rather it be moved to Murrayfield rather than sit in 'that' end  would be glorious.

7 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:
15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:
When Celtic fans go to Germany your match ticket is your ticket for the public transport on the day of the game,this is just one example of how backward this country treats football fans.

Because the fans of the 2 cheeks simply are the dregs of society

If your treated like a second class citizen you will act like one,if clubs and councils put things in place to make the match day experience better then you would not get the sigma football fans get in this country.

24 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Bit harsh if they're giving you free travel for the day.  Some people are never happy.

15 minutes ago, Clum's Choreographer said:

Like the time Rangers were allowed to refuse to move a Saturday game to the Sunday after Hearts were playing in Europe on the Thursday?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/923069.stm

Reading that it looks like the Hearts game was maybe on the Tue night so not 48 hours before the game. Still maybe a bit poor from Rangers not to return the favour that Hearts had gave them the year before for a Euro game. EDIT Was Thursday 14th, so aye poor form from Rangers and Cambell Ogilvie - but looks like Hearts could have tried to have it sorted if they contacted SPL(See quote below)

This happen 18 years ago so things could have changed.

Also;

Scottish Premier League spokesman Alec Barr said the league would not intervene to sort out the fixture wrangle.

He said: "The League has not been approached by either club. Once the fixtures are agreed it's a matter for the clubs themselves.

"The league, if requested, would look into it but that has not happened in this case."

58 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's good to see Neil doncaster has being thrown under the bus hear,for me the games must be played on the Sunday because fans will have already made arrangements,highlighting the travel in this country on a Sunday isn't good enough asks the question why the clubs can't put on buses for the fans,everybody knows the fans are the last to be considered.  
Also TV coverage will be considered before the fans,the clubs know the games will be sell outs before anything else is put in place.

The Sunday transport argument is a non starter considering Scotland matches are now scheduled for a Sunday Night at Hampden with the same issues facing everyone, yet I've heard very little complaints about this.

Having said that, our transport infrastructure is a complete joke in this country with "Sunday services" a particular nonsense. We really are like a 3rd world country in many respects.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The Sunday transport argument is a non starter considering Scotland matches are now scheduled for a Sunday Night at Hampden with the same issues facing everyone, yet I've heard very little complaints about this.

Having said that, our transport infrastructure is a complete joke in this country with "Sunday services" a particular nonsense. We really are like a 3rd world country in many respects.

You are missing the point if games are being rescheduled and moved to different dates for TV coverage then the clubs must do more for the fans.

1 hour ago, Guts said:

You should be banned for that line alone. If Hearts were playing in Europe they would have moved it the same as Celtic or Rangers- even if it wasn't a rule set in stone by UEFA(I don't know if it is or not).

Sorry if I hurt your delicate feelings. But you're the Celtic man that in one post agrees that I'm just being paranoid ( oh, the irony ) and in the next admits they don't actually know. So what would you call that ?

12 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Really? I've seen a lot of complaints about games being moved to the likes of Friday/Sunday/Monday nights instead of the old Saturday afternoon slot.

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Really? I've seen a lot of complaints about games being moved to the likes of Friday/Sunday/Monday nights instead of the old Saturday afternoon slot.

Honestly ?

On this scale ???

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Possibly, but you come back when you find any fixture across Europe played 2 days after a EL game.  Not scheduled ahead of time, actually going ahead.

Well the first 2 I looked up both gave examples  of matches scheduled for 2 days later - but the response was yeah but, no but, yeah but, no but , them's exceptions and will be changed, innit.

I'm not looking up fixture lists for any more teams that I don't care about. Time will tell.

54 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's not just a special thing they put on for Celtic fans; it's for all fans in Germany.

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Sunday services are a fucking nonsense and have annoyed me for years. What a big bag of shite.

13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You are missing the point if games are being rescheduled and moved to different dates for TV coverage then the clubs must do more for the fans.

I agree 100%, however we should all know by now that we're seen as an inconvenience rather than anything else..........

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Honestly ?

On this scale ???

Nope but a Scotland game isn't the same as these semi finals as there's no evidence of 15-20,000 fans specifically coming from Aberdeen or Edinburgh for Scotland matches so it's a bit pointless comparing them.

Just now, Rodhull said:

Nope but a Scotland game isn't the same as these semi finals as there's no evidence of 15-20,000 fans specifically coming from Aberdeen or Edinburgh for Scotland matches so it's a bit pointless comparing them.

Why ?

The transport issue is the same for those travelling from Dumfries, Ayr, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Stirling, Perth, Dundee, Aberdeen, Inverness etc, etc.

ie, it's a nightmare for all, and ranges from extremely inconvenient to impossible for many of us, however the huge media hulaballo over this is ONLY because of the high profile of the clubs involved.

Incidentally, I agree that it's a shambles but I'm merely saying that it's not the first time it's happened, nor will it be the last.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I agree 100%, however we should all know by now that we're seen as an inconvenience rather than anything else..........

Agree but the acceptance of this shouldn't be taking for granted,the inconvenience drives the fans away from making the trip. 

9 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Sorry if I hurt your delicate feelings. But you're the Celtic man that in one post agrees that I'm just being paranoid ( oh, the irony ) and in the next admits they don't actually know. So what would you call that ?

Hehe you didn't, your patter is awful though and merits a ban for the line "Don't spraff a lot of BS" even taking it you meant "spaff".

It might be hard to explain to you if you can't see the reasoning yourself, I will try though.

You are not in Europe so you cannot know they wouldn't make the same arrangement for you in a domestic cup game. Someone else said it might be a UEFA rule but I admitted I didn't know as it didn't affect my opinion that it would be changed for Hearts regardless in the same way for Celtic, Rangers or any other Scottish club.

Archived