Betfred Semi-Finals

glasgow-sheep

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The Sunday transport argument is a non starter considering Scotland matches are now scheduled for a Sunday Night at Hampden with the same issues facing everyone, yet I've heard very little complaints about this.

Having said that, our transport infrastructure is a complete joke in this country with "Sunday services" a particular nonsense. We really are like a 3rd world country in many respects.

Scotland's last Sunday night game was against Slovenia and we barely got 20,000.  And the fan experience of travelling to and from Hampden is a big part of why a lot of people were against Scotland staying at Hampden.  Regardless, it's different from normal 7.45pm KO's on the basis that there's no chance of these games going to ET or penalties and making half the crowd miss their transport home.

And these aren't run of the mill games, they are national competition semi finals, they should be showcasing the game.  Not moving them to kick off's that massively discourage those outside the hardcore support from attending.

Although it'll never actually happen, I'd love it it they made Hearts & Celtic play at Hampden but put the Celtic fans in the 'Rangers' end on the basis that the eastern side is easier to access from the east where the vast majority of Hearts fans will be travelling from.  The resultant seethe and demands that they'd rather it be moved to Murrayfield rather than sit in 'that' end  would be glorious.

There is absolutely no reason why that should not happen. None whatsoever.

If there is a coin toss at the end of all this and that game is at Hampden, Hearts should be calling for a coin toss, at the very least, to decide ends.

27 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Well the first 2 I looked up both gave examples  of matches scheduled for 2 days later - but the response was yeah but, no but, yeah but, no but , them's exceptions and will be changed, innit.

No, that wasn't the answer.

It was quite clear and straightforward. You cited two examples two months hence (give or take). Both examples were contained in fixture lists where all fixtures in the respective divisions are down to be played at that division's traditional time because no adjustments have yet been made from the originally-published list. 

I'm not looking up fixture lists for any more teams that I don't care about. Time will tell.

Time has already told.  I'd advise you to go and check what happened a fortnight ago but you'll merely say you can't be bothered looking at the facts that disprove your opinion.

Just now, The Master said:

No, that wasn't the answer.

It was quite clear and straightforward. You cited two examples two months hence (give or take). Both examples were contained in fixture lists where all fixtures in the respective divisions are down to be played at that division's traditional time because no adjustments have been made from the originally-published list. 

Time has already told.  I'd advise you to go and check what happened a fortnight ago but you'll merely say you can't be bothered looking at the facts that disprove your opinion.

He knows he's wrong.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

He knows he's wrong.

Oh I quite believe that. 

But some people do enjoy digging themselves into a hole instead of admitting so publicly. In those situations it can be enjoyable to bring out a JCB to help them along.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If your treated like a second class citizen you will act like one,if clubs and councils put things in place to make the match day experience better then you would not get the sigma football fans get in this country.

In what world would any sane council spend council tax payers money on creating a better experience for the bigot brothers? 

Fans of the bigot brothers have a "sigma" attached to them because you are mainly c***s. h2h

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Scotland's last Sunday night game was against Slovenia and we barely got 20,000.  And the fan experience of travelling to and from Hampden is a big part of why a lot of people were against Scotland staying at Hampden.  Regardless, it's different from normal 7.45pm KO's on the basis that there's no chance of these games going to ET or penalties and making half the crowd miss their transport home.

And these aren't run of the mill games, they are national competition semi finals, they should be showcasing the game.  Not moving them to kick off's that massively discourage those outside the hardcore support from attending.

I don't disagree with you, if the fans really mattered then the matches would be played at times which suited the majority, however we all know we're way past that stage as all that matters is money and the TV companies call the shots.

You'd also think that the authorities / clubs / Scotrail could maybe liaise with each other and come to some arrangement regarding late running trains etc but of course that then opens up the can of worms regarding who picks up the overtime tab on a Sunday night etc.

As for Hampden, well, it really makes no difference from Murrayfield for travelling etc as you may get to Glasgow / Edinburgh but then the connections to outlying areas such as Fife and Ayrshire are impossible.

Basically it's just a shambles.

6 minutes ago, drs said:

In what world would any sane council spend council tax payers money on creating a better experience for the bigot brothers? 

Fans of the bigot brothers have a "sigma" attached to them because you are mainly c***s. h2h

I gave an example to what happens in Germany,all you have to do is have a wee look at what they did to achieve this,football is our national sport and creates revenue in all our cities.
Like any sporting event the councils make dosh. 

27 minutes ago, drs said:

Don't let Aberdeen fans see this post.  They'll have flashbacks.

7 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Don't let Aberdeen fans see this post.  They'll have flashbacks.

As we live in the 80s, that would be a flash forward, Shirley?

49 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's only the Celtic end, SFA conspiracy, Hampden in the sun. 

That's what I mean. A Proddystunt conspiracy meant we got no roof but now the jambuns want a piece of our end.

want a piece of our end.

ken.jpg

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

He knows he's wrong.

Eh ? Of course I don’t KNOW  I’m wrong. I MIGHT be wrong. But as the first 2 teams I checked STILL have fixtures scheduled for 2 days after a Europa tie ( and they’ve had quite a few weeks now to reschedule ) then, as things stand, the facts back up my paranoia. But since you obviously work at the SPFL, why don’t you save us all the arguments and post a link to the rule that says no team should be asked to play 2 days after a Europa tie ?

Archived