St Johnstone players overlooked by Scotland

ExiledSaint

6 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Jon Mclaughlin performance is consistent that is why he is at the top off the league and his team is the Scottish champions that play in Europe 

Yes, very consistently on the bench. It's utterly irrelevant whether Ranger is top of the league or in Europe, this is about Scotland not some random team.

He's such a good player that he's had about as many appearances than the number of months he's been at the club.

Edited by Ric

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yes, very consistently on the bench. It's utterly irrelevant whether Ranger is top of the league or in Europe, this is about Scotland not some random team.

He's such a good player that he's had about as many appearances than the number of months he's been at the club.

He’s played more domestic games than Allan McGregor has this season. 6/12 in the league, 2/2 in the league cup. 

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

8 games would have had more if it wasn't for covid he would have played against Celtic 

Just now, Robin.Hood said:

You did put an edit in after I questioned you. Timing etc 

Yeah, that didn't happen. Pretty embarrassing you not only think that is what happened but then spun it like some sort of conspiracy against you.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yeah, that didn't happen. Pretty embarrassing you not only think that is what happened but then spun it like some sort of conspiracy against you.

How bizzare. I asked you just a simple question. In between that you edited your post. Not seeing an issue. Strange 

Screenshot_20211104-141306_Samsung Internet.jpg

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

He’s played more domestic games than Allan McGregor has this season. 6/12 in the league, 2/2 in the league cup. 

I mean that doesn't necessarily change the point I made.

McGregor is a good keeper btw, as much as it disappoints me to admit that.

McLaughlin is not. He's not terrible but like Clark, I fail to see the reason for his inclusion.

Just now, Ric said:

"Ifs" and "buts", always the best way to convince people.

Absolutely no ifs and buts here,he also has the best goalie in Scotland in front off him,are you trying to say he wouldn't played against Celtic if he never had covid?

Off course he would have and he will play a lot off games in the cup and league when old Alan takes a rest 

McLaughin will always be fresh for Scotland,it isn't like he is a outfield player like Patterson 

How bizzare. I asked you just a simple question. In between that you edited your post. Not seeing an issue. Strange 

Screenshot_20211104-141306_Samsung Internet.jpg

:lol:

That post was not a reply to you.

Not a single reply to you has been edited.

Do try to understand how time works, it'll stop you looking foolish.

2 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Absolutely no ifs and buts here,...

That's LITERALLY just what you did, if this and but that.

McGregor is good, much to my annoyance, that's not at issue here.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

That post was not a reply to you.

Not a single reply to you has been edited.

Do try to understand how time works, it'll stop you looking foolish.

Name 3 goalkeepers who are better than Clark? You seem to be struggling here with this question. 

I think we are done here.

Edited by Robin.Hood

38 minutes ago, Ric said:

Not a list containing Jon McLaughlin that's for fucking sure.

Gordon seems to be the favourite of everyone. I mean, I suppose, although the fact he is our best is quite the damning indictment.

Kelly was outstanding against us, but can't say if that form has been consistent.

As I say, Clark might be in that list, but not for me as I've never seen him do anything that warrants his inclusion, but, again, like Samson's call up, I'm not complaining.

Gordon and Kelly? 

You are not complaining but can't understand his call up when we have no other decent goalkeepers? 

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

I mean that doesn't necessarily change the point I made.

McGregor is a good keeper btw, as much as it disappoints me to admit that.

McLaughlin is not. He's not terrible but like Clark, I fail to see the reason for his inclusion.

It’s difficult to justify a claim that a player is consistently on the bench when he’s playing >50% of his domestic games.

McLaughlin is fine. He won’t pull up any trees, or pull off saves out of nowhere, but he won’t let in soft goals either. That’s an upgrade over every keeper available to Scotland bar Gordon.

Plus he can kick the ball, which Gordon can’t.

Gordon and Kelly? 

You are not complaining but can't understand his call up when we have no other decent goalkeepers? 

Are you still talking to me? I thought you were too worried I'd do a Cher and "turn back time" to edit my comments to make you look stupid.

It seems that if I say I don't rate Clark, you go absolutely ape shit and start demanding I name every possible goalkeeper. Dear me, your posts are a fucking mess.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

McLaughlin is fine. He won’t pull up any trees, or pull off saves out of nowhere, but he won’t let in soft goals either. That’s an upgrade over every keeper available to Scotland bar Gordon.

Don't really disagree with that other than the final assertion. Just don't see it as an upgrade. Old, not getting regular games, not first choice at his own club, and certainly not a player "for the future".

Obviously, it's Clarke's decision, he'll see these guys in training, I don't. That and he'll have a far better idea of what is needed than I will.

2 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Gordon and Kelly? 

If Kelly was any good he would still be at both the Rangers he isn't,he is where he should be though at a team where he can improve and be the main man 

I like him but he isn't good enough to play at any other level constintanly yet unless it's the SPL 

Just now, Ric said:

Are you still talking to me? I thought you were too worried I'd do a Cher and "turn back time" to edit my comments to make you look stupid.

It seems that if I say I don't rate Clark, you go absolutely ape shit and start demanding I name every possible goalkeeper. Dear me, your posts are a fucking mess.

You seem to be upset that I asked you to name 3 goalkeepers and you only managed 2. 

I'm not overly fussed if Clark is in the squad or not but I feel we don't have any goalkeepers who are better than we currently have in the squad.

That will be that.

1 minute ago, Robin.Hood said:

You seem to be upset that I asked you to name 3 goalkeepers and you only managed 2.

You really are a bit of a novice at this sort of stuff. Here's a tip for later, if you are to accuse people of being upset, maybe not go around crying that people had edited posts to make you look bad.

Ultimately I couldn't care who Clarke picks, but I have an opinion. It's not like they are keeping St Mirren players out of the team. Although I'd wager Alnwick is a better keeper than both Clark and McLaughlin, albeit his form this year hasn't been great and in turn there's the sticky problem that he's English.

6 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

If Kelly was any good he would still be at both the Rangers he isn't,he is where he should be though at a team where he can improve and be the main man 

I like him but he isn't good enough to play at any other level constintanly yet unless it's the SPL 

So just to confirm, your argument for including McLaughlin is because he's at Rangers, even though he is not first choice, and the reason not to pick Kelly is because he is not at Rangers despite him playing every single game?

I am beginning to see a pattern here.