St Johnstone players overlooked by Scotland

ExiledSaint

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No I've not.

You were using the fact that sides like Dunfermline claim bigger crowds than St Johnstone, as evidence of why St Johnstone players shouldn't get capped.  Otherwise, why mention it on this thread?

FFS :unsure:

I was backing up someone elese claim that one club was bigger than another club. At no point did I relate it to players getting caps until you bizzarely queried me on it. Like a lot of threads it was debating a  different issue. You were the first person to relate it to caps.

Now go and have a  lie down or something.

Edited by gannonball

52 minutes ago, gannonball said:

FFS :unsure:

I was backing up someone elese claim that one club was bigger than another club. At no point did I relate it to players getting caps until you bizzarely queried me on it. Like a lot of threads it was debating a  different issue. You were the first person to relate it to caps.

Now go and have a  lie down or something.

Nah the narrative was clear.

While some posters have used their brains to query whether or not individuals have merited caps, others have gone Route 1 with the "St Johnstone are a shit wee club" stuff.  Your post was made in the spirit of supporting the latter line.

28 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nah the narrative was clear.

While some posters have used their brains to query whether or not individuals have merited caps, others have gone Route 1 with the "St Johnstone are a shit wee club" stuff.  Your post was made in the spirit of supporting the latter line.

He wasn't though. 

May’s been found out at Aberdeen.
I don't think that's fair. He's had injuries and looks to me like he's lost some pace, which was always a big part of his game. I also think St Johnstone got more out of him by focusing their attack on him; Aberdeen have more balance and can hurt teams in a bigger variety of ways.

I never thought he was good enough to be a regular in Scotland squads, it's only now that we're two injuries away from calling up Ally McCoist that every full-time professional Scottish forward is under consideration.

19 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

This is absolutely magnificent reading. 

All the nation’s regular diddy club fans absolutely reeking of jealousy and bitterness. 

“You’re shite cos we get bigger crowds than you ..”

:thumsup2

Some Falkirk fans taking it better than others..

Screenshot_20181119-161005_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2f07aaf72ba0504f94af1c7d7aa900d7.jpg

Screenshot_20181119-160947_Chrome.thumb.jpg.768e983ab9ff586fea736c2d6c903b01.jpg

37 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Just the same as supporting St. Johnstone...

image.png.351a2b0447247312635369b483c465ef.png 

download.jpg.9207778527e9c28274c320c968c6fb07.jpg

image.png

image.png

Edited by SaintDougie

8 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Hmmm... not too sure about this now I've looked at it a bit deeper.

Using the same criteria (30+ games in the last five seasons) here's Aberdeen potential caps...

Graeme Shinnie  
Scott McKenna  
Kenny McLean 
Andrew Considine
Mark Reynolds  
Ryan Jack  
Peter Pawlett  
David Goodwillie 
Jamie Langfield
Russell Anderson

Now Goodwillie and Anderson had been previously capped but weren't in this time period. Of the rest only Shinnie, McKenna and McLean got capped while at Aberdeen. Shinnie and McKenna only got capped this year (Shinnie, especially, has only been capped when there's been a large number of call offs)

Basically the only Aberdeen player to be capped by Scotland you could argue against as would be Kenny McLean who is still streets ahead of any St. Johnstone midfielder in the same period.

I believe the shout was for players to be considered to be called up to the squad. Not caps or starts.

So how many on that list have been called up to squads, regardless of how many appearances they made?

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Falkirk haven’t won a cup since 1957.

Dunfermline haven’t won a cup since 1968.

Morton haven’t won a cup since 1922.(Nineteen twenty two.)

Stay in your fucking lane.

Thank you. 

Did Morton not win the Renfrewshire Cup?

16 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Aye something St. Johnstone have never won :lol:  

We're well on course to win the 2007 Forfarshire Cup though, so GIRFUY

Edited by RandomGuy.

Falkirk haven’t won a cup since 1957.
Dunfermline haven’t won a cup since 1968.
Morton haven’t won a cup since 1922.(Nineteen twenty two.)

Stay in your fucking lane.
Thank you. 

Don't forget the glory years!!!
IMG_4678.jpg

13 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I believe the shout was for players to be considered to be called up to the squad. Not caps or starts.

So how many on that list have been called up to squads, regardless of how many appearances they made?

None spring to mind. What's the point in bringing folk into squads only to not play them? You miss Scot Gemmil that much?

On 18/11/2018 at 17:40, Grant228 said:

Apparently more than the group of fans crying there eyes out that Richard Foster didn't get called up, back in your box. 

On 18/11/2018 at 23:48, Grant228 said:

If they watched that game then there's no chance they'd fancy giving Kerr or Foster a call up, which brings us onto to...

I'm slightly bemused by the above. Apart from Richard Foster, has anyone said that Richard Foster deserves a call-up?