Hearts (League leaders) v Celtic (also rans)

Romeo

6 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

"lesser of the three" ? It's the diddy cup.  If the venue hadn't been switched to a short stroll from Tynie, we would probably just have conceded the tie, rather than trek all the way to Glasgow for a nothing match.

Factual - couldn't give a solitary f**k if we lose this. Probably won't even get out of bed til late in the second half.

Will be spitting blood and piss if we don't win the proper double tho.

greggy.png

18 hours ago, Mr. X said:

60,440, Celtic v St. Mirren, 7 April 2001

Hearts have sold about 28,500(estimate) at the moment and Celtic 30,300 so there is still time with tickets on sale up to and including the day of the game.

Capacity at present Celtic Park is 60,411 (wiki)

Would take a bit of beating if we trump the 2001 crowd.

Edited by Neiljb

2 hours ago, Neiljb said:

Capacity at present Celtic Park is 60,411 (wiki)

Would take a bit of beating if we trump the 2001 crowd.

I suppose it may come down to the number of corporate and freebie tickets given out by the SPFL.  It is a very attractive game so I would imagine there will be plenty folk looking to get hold of a freebie.

I think Hearts will end up about 1,000 short of selling out their 30,000 allocation. With 59.000 tickets sold (guesstimate) and with a capacity of 67,000 and say 1,000 segregation there is definitely scope for plenty freebies.  I'll be a bit surprised if the attendance is not a new all seated scottish football record.

Still missing Uche, Berra, Souttar and Brandon - Cochrane came off with a knock the other night, but Haring might make it - still too soon for Clare, imo.

Concerned that Mitchell could be vulnerable at left-back - similar concerns over Smith at right-back, but he's the better option over Godinho at the minute. 

Zlamal

Smith - Dikamona - Dunne - Garuccio

Morrison - Lee - Djoum - Mitchell

Naismith - MacLean

Subs: Doyle, Hughes, Haring, Bozanic, Wighton, Cochrane, Mulraney 

5 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I suppose it may come down to the number of corporate and freebie tickets given out by the SPFL.  It is a very attractive game so I would imagine there will be plenty folk looking to get hold of a freebie.

I think Hearts will end up about 1,000 short of selling out their 30,000 allocation. With 59.000 tickets sold (guesstimate) and with a capacity of 67,000 and say 1,000 segregation there is definitely scope for plenty freebies.  I'll be a bit surprised if the attendance is not a new all seated scottish football record.

Regardless of whether the last 1000 or so sell it will be the biggest Hearts support for a very long time. AEK Athens possibly a bit more? But this will be much more atmospheric obviously.

The league and the SFA should take note that Hampden is too small for some games.

Edited by Neiljb

Is it because of this game that lower level trains to Edinburgh aren’t running tomorrow or have they just timed engineering works perfectly?  Was going to be all clever and go to Charing Cross to beat the queues as that’s the best method for getting to Edinburgh when the Six Nations is on, but apparently that’s not an option.

That's us now sold over 29,000. Shame we're just going to fall short of a sell-out and will have one section empty in the upper west corner, but tickets will still be on sale up until kick-off.

All in, it's still an extraordinary effort. I thought we'd manage about 22-23,000.

That's us now sold over 29,000. Shame we're just going to fall short of a sell-out and will have one section empty in the upper west corner, but tickets will still be on sale up until kick-off.
All in, it's still an extraordinary effort. I thought we'd manage about 22-23,000.

Very good effort from hearts to be fair.

The more Hearts fans there to see their team get pumped the better*

*hopefully

Is it because of this game that lower level trains to Edinburgh aren’t running tomorrow or have they just timed engineering works perfectly?  Was going to be all clever and go to Charing Cross to beat the queues as that’s the best method for getting to Edinburgh when the Six Nations is on, but apparently that’s not an option.

Edinburgh train from central should be running. Few more stops along the way but only around 10/15 minutes longer than the Queen Street train. That or low level is my usual route to Murrayfield for rugby.

7 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Concerned that Mitchell could be vulnerable at left-back - similar concerns over Smith at right-back,

lol wot m8 - Smith is like Robbie Neilson in that he's consistent, but unlike Neilson in that he's good. 

10 hours ago, Mr. X said:

I heard it just passed the 29k mark.

Shame the £££ has to be split  4 ways as Aberdeen dont deserve it.