Hearts (League leaders) v Celtic (also rans)

Romeo

2 hours ago, The OP said:

Tend to find football supporters are at their most confrontational when they don't actually have to do any fighting.

Indeed, and to be fair to the Hearts fans around me on the platform: most were absolutely cringing during the sectarian songs. Probably the same on the "Celtic platform".

22 minutes ago, Marten said:

Indeed, and to be fair to the Hearts fans around me on the platform: most were absolutely cringing during the sectarian songs. Probably the same on the "Celtic platform".

I'm sure half the kick they get is from annoying their own supporters - after all, that's who is usually within earshot.  It's the no-one likes us mentality that they revel in. I would put the proportion of fans that sing "F****n blood" ( as opposed to the rest of the song ) would be less than 5% . That's 5% too many - and it has grown in the last couple of years - but small enough that, with the aid of cameras, the police could surely sort by removing a dozen participants per game until the message is understood.

I would also like to see an end to any away allocation to Celtic at Tynecastle unless and until they can drop the 90 minute IRA-athon. Imagine for a minute the play list was song after song in praise of ISIS. Would we really put up with it ? Same goes for Rangers with their love of proscribed criminal outfits. We do get less of their repertoire at Tynecastle, but I expect it gets a full airing at Easter Road.

Getting back to the game yesterday, disappointed on many fronts .

Firstly I think Craig Levein got the set up totally wrong . Its blatantly obvious that Mitchel isn’t a full back and imo , it would’ve better playing him in midfield or even starting Cochrane ( who played really well against Dundee) and Garuccio at full back .

Secondly , we just didn’t seem up for it yesterday right from the first whistle. Granted , losing Naismith so early was a blow and you could almost see the heads go down from that point , but we can’t use that as an excuse , as the whole team seemed to lack any hunger.

Finally , I get pissed off how many of the Hearts support fail to get behind their team. It was a big day yesterday and a huge support , but the atmosphere at our end was shit and we were out sung and outplayed .

Rant over !

Eta. Murrayfield is vastly superior to Hampden in every aspect 

Edited by Unleash The Nade

9 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Getting back to the game yesterday, disappointed on many fronts .

Firstly I think Craig Levein got the set up totally wrong . Its blatantly obvious that Mitchel isn’t a full back and imo , it would’ve better playing him in midfield or even starting Cochrane ( who played really well against Dundee) and Garuccio at full back .

Secondly , we just didn’t seem up for it yesterday right from the first whistle. Granted , losing Naismith so early was a blow and you could almost see the heads go down from that point , but we can’t use that as an excuse , as the whole team seemed to lack any hunger.

Finally , I get pissed off how many of the Hearts support fail to get behind their team. It was a big day yesterday and a huge support , but the atmosphere at our end was shit and we were out sung and outplayed .

Rant over !

I'd imagine that is because half the Hearts "fans" there were day trippers who only come out for the big  games and wouldn't have a clue what songs are sung at tynecastle..  that and the fact hearts made no attempt to play football. 

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Would it be fair to say that Hearts bottled it yesterday?

Too many of the midfield didn't have the bottle or instinct to drive forward or pass forward when the counter attack was on. Morrison or Cochrane or Mitchell further forward wouldn't have had that problem. You do have to question where Levein thought the drive and threat and width was coming from with a midfield of Djoum, Haring, Lee and Bozanic. But generally, just not good enough. To beat Celtic in a semi you need your best players on the pitch and on best form and a wee bit of luck. Collum was his usual biased self, but even if Levein himself had refereed the match, we never looked like troubling Celtic yeterday.

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

Too many of the midfield didn't have the bottle or instinct to drive forward or pass forward when the counter attack was on. Morrison or Cochrane or Mitchell further forward wouldn't have had that problem. You do have to question where Levein thought the drive and threat and width was coming from with a midfield of Djoum, Haring, Lee and Bozanic. But generally, just not good enough. To beat Celtic in a semi you need your best players on the pitch and on best form and a wee bit of luck. Collum was his usual biased self, but even if Levein himself had refereed the match, we never looked like troubling Celtic yeterday.

A simple yes would of done mate..

24 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Would it be fair to say that Hearts bottled it yesterday?

21 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Yes 

You're no fun, you're supposed to start arguing about size of support etc

The tarts had no cutting edge plus the big lump of whid at the back was always going to tire,djoum and haring are decent players but Celtic had enough in the middle even  without brown. Haven't seen enough of cochrane or Morrison to have an opinion not sure if they would have made any difference.