Clash of the titans Raith v Arbroath

Draw wouldnt be the worst result in the world. Arbroath are flying right now and id be happy enough if we kept the gap as it is going into the break with Mcglynn having some more time to work with the players.  

Hopefully a big and noisy home crowd through for this, yesterday was one of the best away supports we've had for a long time in terms of noise. 

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Around this time last year we ended Arbroath’s year long unbeaten away run. Football has a funny way with coincidences so would not surprise me if Arbroath now end our 20 month unbeaten home league record.

Like has been said we should be looking to win but a draw wouldn’t be a disaster. Fairly confident we’ll win the league now with McGlynn and the extra signings but certainly don’t want to be 7 points behind even at this early stage (although we know how easy that sort of gap can be thrown away!).

Hopefully a bit of luck with injuries this week and we can keep the same team from Saturday. 

Lastly, hopefully Jason Thomson gets a good reception, probably stayed a season too long but was good servant for us and an excellent right back up till a couple of years ago.

The good thing for us is whatever happens this time next week we will be top of the league and will have completed an excellent first quarter. That said I think we can go to raith and win the game. We will score so hopefully keep the back door shut and pick up the 3 points.

5 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

A game raith cant afford to loose imo. 7 points would be a massive gap at this stage of the season but like most lichties i would be happy with a point. Same team please

We blew a bigger gap than that from February last season, a defeat for us on Saturday decides nothing. 

We shall have to take into consideration the glare from the dugouts on Saturday, could be a serious safety concern....bobble hats and baseball caps to be issued free gratis.....also sunglasses for the crowd and a weather report to be part of the risk assessment....

I wonder if we'll have Arbroath fans in the main stand this time around. Can't see an away support large enough to justify the McDermid stand from any team other than East Fife.

I think we will bring a large travelling support. Top of the table, not to far in distance, easy on the train.

If there is hope you can do proper segregation. Mixing fans at this game could cause lot of trouble.

Aye there were a few Arbroath bams causing bother at Starks last season, which resulted in you segregating things up at Gayfield and spoiling the swapping of ends that we’ve enjoyed up there in the past.

1 minute ago, Pride of Fife said:

This will probably be the largest away support of the season in the league (unless East Fife are nearer top end on their next visit) so hopefully get them in their own stand, create a bit of atmosphere at both ends

I get your point but I’d much rather they were in the main stand. More chance of 100/200 fans creating an atmosphere when they are packed together right beside the home fans than 100 yards away,

9 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

This will probably be the largest away support of the season in the league (unless East Fife are nearer top end on their next visit) so hopefully get them in their own stand, create a bit of atmosphere at both ends

Did East Fife not bring 500 odd? Arbroath would do well to bring that surely? 

Didn’t know they had 500odd.

I imagine Arbroath will bring 400ish, don’t think our club will be stupid enough to predict a load less and try to put them in the Main Stand.

RRFC, I agree the atmosphere would be better from fans point of view them packed in there but I’m sure the players themselves probably prefer fans at each end of ground

23 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Didn’t know they had 500odd.

I imagine Arbroath will bring 400ish, don’t think our club will be stupid enough to predict a load less and try to put them in the Main Stand.

RRFC, I agree the atmosphere would be better from fans point of view them packed in there but I’m sure the players themselves probably prefer fans at each end of ground

I don't know the exact figure but it's safe to say they were all odd.

Archived