Clash of the titans Raith v Arbroath

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Come back when you can actually beat us. Until then you’ll forever be our bitches.

Just thought you guys would be a bit more humble  after losing to Cove Rangers , Cowdenbeath, then shipping 5 goals in 45 minutes up at Ross County failing to beat Montrose at home , ask the Arbroath fans what the score was when they played Ross County ,I’m pretty sure they’ll fancy their chances on Saturday.

26 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

emoji23.png

Is Murray even a right back? Looked like a centre half playing out of position every time I've seen him

Well, considering he's right footed and been played at left back for most of his time with us...

7 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

Just thought you guys would be a bit more humble  after losing to Cove Rangers , Cowdenbeath, then shipping 5 goals in 45 minutes up at Ross County failing to beat Montrose at home , ask the Arbroath fans what the score was when they played Ross County ,I’m pretty sure they’ll fancy their chances on Saturday.

They have every right to fancy their chances, just like we do.

Did you go and google all of our recent misfortunes or is committing them to memory just another Saturday night in Methil?

8 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

I could be wrong but I don't think folk are entirely serious when they talk about us being huge. 

Even though we are. 

Well, considering he's right footed and been played at left back for most of his time with us...

So he is a centre half aye?

How would Thomson be 'nowhere near' your starting 11 for him then? Would you really play someone out of position instead of a natural RB?

Thomson's been excellent going forward and back, wouldn't have Murray over him. I actually wouldn't want too many Raith players, obviously there's a lot of really good players at yourselves but I'm biased towards our guys and we have good players too.

Only area of the park where you're definitely stronger than us is centre midfield and we still have some good players in there. Crane and Vaughan are cracking players too, wouldn't have your goalie, your centre halves, right back or wingers over ours if I had to make a choice.

[emoji23]

Is Murray even a right back? Looked like a centre half playing out of position every time I've seen him
He has been playing left back for us however with Crane coming in at left back I'm assuming he moves to right back like he did on Saturday, if that's the case he's a comfortably better player than Thomson and as such Thomson wouldn't get into our starting 11.

Don’t think theres any pressure on us. Expectation and belief are different to pressure, and under Smith/Cuthbert we didn’t really have any. 

Difference being that for the first time in a good while we have a manager who the majority of the fanbase are completely behind. 

Even if we are getting beat or not playing well on Saturday, the South Stand will likely be as patient as its been in a good while.

I reckon it will be a tough, close game on Saturday and wouldn’t be surprised if we drop points – but im pretty confident that even if we were to lose, Mclgynn is the man to make the full time advantage count over the course of the season. 

If we get Benedictus back to pre injury form then we've got the best centre back in this league by a country mile. Saturday was his best performance since McKinnon was our manager from him (Tbh, the same can be said for our whole squad).

Throw in Kieran Wright who is a step up on our keepers last season, and Murray at right back who is very consistent I'm very happy with how our defence is shaping up at the moment. With the way McGlynn organises the team I'd hope that we'll stop losing the sloppy goals we conceded last season.

Aside from Linn being in his form of his life, I'd not take a single player from the Arbroath squad. Worth noting it's still largely the same squad from last season which finished 16 points behind a weaker Raith team last season.

Regardless, three quarters to be played and it'll all sort itself out over the course of the season. There's f**k all pressure on us at the moment. There's been a really good vibe considering how we were a fortnight ago...

3 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

The pressure is certainly back on the Rovers for this game. If we had being going to Starks with Smith or Cuthbert in charge there would have been a expectation of taking points from this game. With a new manager in and a big result last week Raith will be under big expectations of taking all 3 points. Even though we're top I think this will take the pressure off players a bit and we can go out and play some good football and hopefully get a result.

Uh oh, it's reverse psychology time.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I don't think we'll romp to any title I don't even think we will win the league but in the overall squad I don't think it could be any better for this level, were probably just short of 1 versatile defender

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So he is a centre half aye?

How would Thomson be 'nowhere near' your starting 11 for him then? Would you really play someone out of position instead of a natural RB?

Thomson's been excellent going forward and back, wouldn't have Murray over him. I actually wouldn't want too many Raith players, obviously there's a lot of really good players at yourselves but I'm biased towards our guys and we have good players too.

Only area of the park where you're definitely stronger than us is centre midfield and we still have some good players in there. Crane and Vaughan are cracking players too, wouldn't have your goalie, your centre halves, right back or wingers over ours if I had to make a choice.

So you don’t think you’ll win the league but only 4 Rovers players would get in your starting 11? And your squad could barely be any stronger?

Begs the question who you actually think will win the league?

So you don’t think you’ll win the league but only 4 Rovers players would get in your starting 11? And your squad could barely be any stronger?

No matter how good we are or are playing I always think the worst, would've said the same thing at the same stage of the season when we were flying with Allan Moore.

46 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

East Fife.

Archived