Clash of the titans Raith v Arbroath

28 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Btw is Bentleys and Jackie O's still open in the Lang Toon?

Both have been demolished to make way for housing.

First picture is Canon Byrne Glebe (Bentleys) followed by the Esplanade (Jackie O's).

Canon Byrne Glebe.jpg

Esplanade 1.jpg

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Btw is Bentleys and Jackie O's still open in the Lang Toon?

Jackie O's is knocked down but Bentleys is still there. Its  called Society now though and is shite. The Duchess 5 mins walk along the road is a better option imo. 

Looking forward to this week's game. Hopefully the team will have improved even further having had a full week to prepare under Mcglynn for the first time. Hopefully no more injuries and we can play the same team and formation as last week. 

9 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Jackie O's is knocked down but Bentleys is still there. Its  called Society now though and is shite. The Duchess 5 mins walk along the road is a better option imo. 

How old are you........Bentleys went first lost in an accidental fire ?........society used to be oscars in the day.........

Young team alert [emoji599]

RR#1 is right though, the Duchess is decent, but not for prior to the football.

36 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Pretty sure the Duchess doesn't allow football colours anyway? 

... and the old Abbey up the road got raided by the polis the other week didn't it?

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Both have been demolished to make way for housing.

First picture is Canon Byrne Glebe (Bentleys) followed by the Esplanade (Jackie O's).

Canon Byrne Glebe.jpg

Esplanade 1.jpg

The site of Jackie O's should have a blue plaque on it recording the fact that many Kirkcaldy citizens were conceived there! 

The site of Jackie O's should have a blue plaque on it recording the fact that many Kirkcaldy citizens were conceived there! 
I was at Jack's every week back in the day and never saw any shagging. And believe you me, I'm so good looking, if there was any shagging going on in the club, I'd have known about it. Or do you think babies are made by dancing with a member of the opposite sex?

Anyway..

Really looking forward to tomorrow, should be a good game with two good sides in form. The McGlynn factor™ should bring in a good few extra hundred home supporters and I really hope everyone gets behind the team from the off. I wasn't there last week but I've heard nothing but good things about the positive atmosphere. Arbroath have got that wee gang of neds that go to away games too,  so hopefully they come tomorrow and we can have a bit of back and forth between the fans. 

McGlynn's pre-match interview is great, I love listening to him talk. You can see he's absolutely loving every minute of being back, such enthusiasm in his words. I always fancy us to do well at home, and with the added benefit of the fans being a bit more patient I think we'll get the win. 3-1 Rovers. 

I will also be attending this top of the table affair with King McGlynn back on his throne in the dugout, looking resplendent with no hair and not caring.

Can see the crowd not quite hitting the heights given people will be heading abroad for October break but hopefully 1800-1900 to witness the return of the Mc.

21 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Arbroath have got that wee gang of neds that go to away games too,  so hopefully they come tomorrow and we can have a bit of back and forth between the fans.no

I've not missed an Arbroath away game in literally 15 years and I've never seen a 'gang of neds' supporting us :lol:

Really hope the gang of heroin dealers who go to Raith home games are there tomorrow so I can get my fix :unsure:

I've not missed an Arbroath away game in literally 15 years and I've never seen a 'gang of neds' supporting us :lol:
Really hope the gang of heroin dealers who go to Raith home games are there tomorrow so I can get my fix :unsure:

Maybe you are the gang of neds and you've just not realised it until now??

The gang of neds were in the Main Stand last season. Oh the humanity!

Is that auld c**t with the maroon jumper and face still alive?

No need to get so defensive, Simon. I’ll point them out for you tomorrow, buddy. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. I’m all for boys going to away games with a load of their pals, but having been with them in the Novar last year, they’re neds.

Archived