Clash of the titans Raith v Arbroath

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Don’t think theres any pressure on us. Expectation and belief are different to pressure, and under Smith/Cuthbert we didn’t really have any. 

Difference being that for the first time in a good while we have a manager who the majority of the fanbase are completely behind. 

Even if we are getting beat or not playing well on Saturday, the South Stand will likely be as patient as its been in a good while.

I reckon it will be a tough, close game on Saturday and wouldn’t be surprised if we drop points – but im pretty confident that even if we were to lose, Mclgynn is the man to make the full time advantage count over the course of the season. 

Good job there is no pressure on you we all seen how you crumbled last season with a bit of pressure in your last 3 games 

Anyone in the know if the Raith Suite will be open on Saturday? Cheers in advance.

As for the team, it’s Super John McGlynn, I trust him, no need to post an XI with the hope that Barry will see it. 3-1, home win.

Thomson has been absolutely brilliant so far, an excellent signing on what I’ve seen.

I’d take a draw here as Raith is a hard place to go, a win would take us 7 points clear which would be great at this stage and would give the players huge confidence, I just don’t see us losing at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Thomson has been absolutely brilliant so far, an excellent signing on what I’ve seen.

I’d take a draw here as Raith is a hard place to go, a win would take us 7 points clear which would be great at this stage and would give the players huge confidence, I just don’t see us losing at the moment. 

Pish, you can get there no problem by train.

Despite the excellent win on Saturday I think the Rovers fans are getting a little ahead of themselves, we are top for a reason, we have been good ourselves, and regardless will leave top, this has been an excellent first quarter for us and really should be further ahead given we have dropped some silly points. 

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Raith looked very good on Saturday but hard to gauge it, Dumbarton with a whole load of problems and losing a goal after a minute. Raith should've really won by a few more.

49 minutes ago, Mexico said:

Despite the excellent win on Saturday I think the Rovers fans are getting a little ahead of themselves, we are top for a reason, we have been good ourselves, and regardless will leave top, this has been an excellent first quarter for us and really should be further ahead given we have dropped some silly points. 

CC'd in John McGlynn for the dressing room wall.

4 hours ago, Mexico said:

I don’t think any Rovers fans are getting ahead of themselves. We feel if we play to our best on Saturday we will win. I’m sure Arbroath feel the same going into all their home games (and some feel that way about Saturday).

It’s not disrespectful to say we should beat Arbroath at home, it’s fact. It will be difficult and we won’t manage it if we’re not at our best because Arbroath are a very decent side for this level.

However, we’ve not lost in 28 home league games, have a returning legend as manager and just won 5-1 away to the pre season title favourites and have recently added a couple of excellent signings. If we’re not allowed to feel confident now we never will. 

In saying that, It’s rare for there to be such a feel good factor about the Rovers in recent years so I’m fully expecting to be brought down to earth with a bang by 5pm Saturday.

Can smell the fife minks through this thread, getting a bit ahead of yourselves after beating dumbfarton lol! No mater the score they’ll only be one team top of the table at 4:45 on Saturday, hope we are in the main stand so we can see that Jakey that looks like MC Devvo, Limbs aots when we score , 36-0

Hope we win by a few here, scrappy 1-0 against Arbroath wouldn’t be enough for me. No reason why we can’t put in a performance like last week. This could be the game where the Arbroath bubble bursts.

No mater the score they’ll only be one team top of the table at 4:45 on Saturday

Only matters who’s top of this league at 4:45 on 4th of May, an achievement you club has never managed.

38 minutes ago, Enigma said:
Hope we win by a few here, scrappy 1-0 against Arbroath wouldn’t be enough for me. No reason why we can’t put in a performance like last week. This could be the game where the Arbroath bubble bursts.

This could be the game where the Rovers 28 home game unbeaten league bubble gets burst. Rovers fans full of themselves all of a sudden.

Think both sides could argue they have dropped daft points to be honest.

Don’t think much Rovers fans are getting too far ahead of themselves. A few wind up comments, but general consensus is that this will be a tough game, but ultimately one we should have aspirations to win if we want to win this league. 

Saturday was only one game, but its not just about the result – it was like watching a completely different set of players in terms of spirit, attitude, tempo and organisation – and everything from the pre-match warmup to the game itself was played at such a ferocious tempo. One thing Mclgynn will do is raise standards across the whole club, and the areas which he will improve us on are the exact areas we lacked last season – organisation, mental toughness and making full time advantage count.

It might not go our way on Saturday, but I’d rather be sitting 7 points behind with Mcglynn in charge than closer with Smith, as mental as that may sound. 

I think we will draw on Saturday and think Arbroath have every reason to be coming into this game with confidence, I just don’t think the Dumbarton game was a one off in terms of our overall season – regardless of whether we see this on Saturday or not.

Archived