Clash of the titans Raith v Arbroath

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, bit of a minter to open a full stand for 200 away fans. Especially considering how it's Arbroath's biggest league game since they got promoted.

[emoji23]

What is your point?

288 away fans, 1849 home fans

About 15% of the crowd was away supporters when Rovers were doing a massive promotion on this game for the home coming of McGlynn

After hearing John McGlynn's post match interview I can see what a valuable point this could end up being.  We've had new management team in place for 2 weeks and in that time we have taken 4 points from 6, not a bad return considering Dumbarton and Arbroath are title favourites.  Arbroath are a good team, Campbell's had time to build a side to challenge for the title this season but lets face it we are still a work in progress and as far as McGlynn and Smith are concerned we can only improve and we will.  I can tell you that Mr Campbell's antics at the end of the game were not looked on favourably by his Directors :whistle even though the Rovers supporters seemed to enjoy his meltdown.  What a showman:rolleyes:

Raith supporters getting upset about us getting a whole stand to ourselves :lol: i'd be more concerned about your teams performance if I was Raith supporter which thankfully i'm not.

I like Raith, really wanted them to win the league over Ayr last season, but I don't get it, nobody except the people running the club will know whether the costs are justified or not. Why ordinary fans care is anyone's guess it doesn't impact them in any way.

Few extra stewards which would've been needed anyway, probably would've needed more if we were in main stand. Couple of extra folk working in the pie shop.

Other teams have brought similar numbers to Starks and were put in the main stand. Therefore it would have been completely fine having you there.

Well go complain to whoever made the decision, not on here. What other L1 clubs have brought 300 aside from Ayr and East Fife?

19 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

That your away support doesn't merit the costs to open up a full away stand, and that it would've been clearly justifiable to put them in the main stand.

Costs associated for hosting a game mean f**k all to us. 

Imagine trying to laud it over part time teams for the size of their support. Deary me. 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I like Raith, really wanted them to win the league over Ayr last season, but I don't get it, nobody except the people running the club will know whether the costs are justified or not. Why ordinary fans care is anyone's guess it doesn't impact them in any way.

Few extra stewards which would've been needed anyway, probably would've needed more if we were in main stand. Couple of extra folk working in the pie shop.

320 (plus or minus 1 or 2 ) in the Arbroath stand, easily counted in GB’s photographs. 

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's all about deflection from a pretty poor full time team performance against part timers if Raith had beat us comfortably it wouldn't been an issue with them at all.

8 minutes ago, DD11 said:

320 (plus or minus 1 or 2 ) in the Arbroath stand, easily counted in GB’s photographs. 

Tell me that you didn't sit and count your support? 

There's no crowd wanking going on btw. Just the justifiable assertion that you could easily have been situated in the main stand. 

For what it's worth, I couldn't care less. 

Other teams have brought similar numbers to Starks and were put in the main stand. Therefore it would have been completely fine having you there.
How many Lichties fans will have been counted in the home support because we bought our tickets at the main stand to get into the bar?

Archived