Clash of the titans Raith v Arbroath

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arbroath looked decent from the highlights. Rovers looked like the fluffed a couple of decent opportunities mainly Flanagan and Milne. 

Arbroath will obviously think that after playing us after one game that they have nothing to worry about, but the same could be said for ourselves to be honest. 

The next time we meet the Rovers will be fitter and stronger. No question about it. 

Had time to reflect on the game, a draw is probably a fair result, we had a good few chances to bang and didn’t, and Arbroath looked a threat every time they were in the box. Bobby Linn absolutely raped Murray down the right, and Murray just invited him every time, gave him to much space & time.

Thomson - Great few saves, which earned us the draw.

Crane - played ok, a few poor crosses but done fine

Bene - fine

Davo - lucky to stay on, seen challenges like that in the middle of the park sent off before.

Murray - had a shocker!!

Flanagan - bad day at the office

Big Nat - superb

Hendry - deservedly so, man of the match

Vaughan - hacked down, didn’t get going

Milne - I don’t want him near the starting XI again, he gets bitched off it all the time, and why didn’t he just hit it right at the end, looks worse on the highlights too.

Nesbit - Poor first half, bad miss hit on the half chance, better 2nd half.

Matthews looked sharp when he came on, which is good, I think come 2 weeks time, Milne will be out and Matthews back in, with Duggan starting alongside Nesbit.

Nisbet is in acres of space for our goal, in open play, in the area where the right back should have under control. 

Pish, you've got ahead of yourself and worked up about Thomson, nothing to do with him, it's Swankie's fault, if the ball has actually stayed in play. If Thomson was marking Nisbet the only thing that would've happened differently would be the ball hitting the net 2 seconds earlier.

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Pish, you've got ahead of yourself and worked up about Thomson, nothing to do with him, it's Swankie's fault, if the ball has actually stayed in play. If Thomson was marking Nisbet the only thing that would've happened differently would be the ball hitting the net 2 seconds earlier.

Sure, pin it on the dressing room wall or write in felt tip pen on the back of a stand or whatever it is you guys do. 

Had time to reflect on the game, a draw is probably a fair result, we had a good few chances to bang and didn’t, and Arbroath looked a threat every time they were in the box. Bobby Linn absolutely raped Murray down the right, and Murray just invited him every time, gave him to much space & time.
Thomson - Great few saves, which earned us the draw.
Crane - played ok, a few poor crosses but done fine
Bene - fine
Davo - lucky to stay on, seen challenges like that in the middle of the park sent off before.
Murray - had a shocker!!
Flanagan - bad day at the office
Big Nat - superb
Hendry - deservedly so, man of the match
Vaughan - hacked down, didn’t get going
Milne - I don’t want him near the starting XI again, he gets bitched off it all the time, and why didn’t he just hit it right at the end, looks worse on the highlights too.
Nesbit - Poor first half, bad miss hit on the half chance, better 2nd half.

Matthews looked sharp when he came on, which is good, I think come 2 weeks time, Milne will be out and Matthews back in, with Duggan starting alongside Nesbit.

You forgot the ref who gave you every decision. A real homer.

Campbell goes from absolutely disgusted with a draw to very happy with a draw in the space of 4 minutes in his interview. Strange lad. 
"their subs are telling us is a yard out..."

We didn't have a single sub out when the goal went in, and even then they don't warm up on the railway side.

Think the ref was inept regarding decisions for both teams , You just have to see the shocking tackles against Lewis Vaughan that went unpunished for starters great tactics from Mr Campbell it’s a pity the Rovers didn’t do like wise to Bobby Linn the only threat Arbroath had IMO.

Maybe lucky to get a point but sitting just 4 points behind the leaders and playing under our 3rd different manager,continually having to change the team due to injuries every week  I’ll take that, interesting that Arbroath fans think we are very average but how would they have coped losing the players we have had to to injuries for instance imagine   Bobby Linn, Gavin Swankie, Ryan Wallace missing for 3-4 games from there side?

Thought Swankie looked like he was fouled regardless of the ball being in/out of play. Davidson was lucky to stay on with that tackle looking at it again.

I would have taken a draw going into this game but a bit dissapointed with it overall.

Still great start to the season and with Doris to come back it's looking like a good season.

Think the ref was inept regarding decisions for both teams , You just have to see the shocking tackles against Lewis Vaughan that went unpunished for starters great tactics from Mr Campbell it’s a pity the Rovers didn’t do like wise to Bobby Linn the only threat Arbroath had IMO.
Maybe lucky to get a point but sitting just 4 points behind the leaders and playing under our 3rd different manager,continually having to change the team due to injuries every week  I’ll take that, interesting that Arbroath fans think we are very average but how would they have coped losing the players we have had to to injuries for instance imagine   Bobby Linn, Gavin Swankie, Ryan Wallace missing for 3-4 games from there side?
McCord for Swankie, Doris for Wallace but Linn would be a bigger problem. Gold/Kadar are capable but not in the same league.

1 minute ago, Big lichtie said:

honestly would of took a point before the start of the game but gutted we didn’t get the three points arbroath were far the better team. the referee was a joke for both sides but anyway onwards and upwards

I would feel the same to be honest if I was an Arbroath fan because your team put so much into the game yet only got the point in the end ,it’s a pity that some of your fellow fans don’t agree regarding the ref with accusations of him being a homer as you say he was poor against both teams. Still along way to go but from a Rovers perspective we will only get better under McGlynn stewardship and hopefully clear our injury situation as for Arbroath don’t now how they will cope in regards to collecting injuries/ suspensions in the season ahead especially being part time 

Playing badly and still getting a point. Sign of champions.

This thread is going to be fantastic to bump for one set of fans at the end of the season.
Everybody knows Rovers are favorites for the title. Biggest budget, biggest fanbase and only full time team in the league it's hardly surprising.

We're top on merit though but only a quarter in so long way to go and a lot of hard games to come. If rovers end up winning the league I don't think bumping this thread will be a priority.

Archived