Clash of the titans Raith v Arbroath

Nice to see so many Raith fans praising us and saying we were the better team.  Wouldve been nice to have opened up a 7 point gap as I don’t see us losing many games, it’s the strongest back 4 and goalkeeper I can remember in an Arbroath team. 

Raith will improve under mcglynn, most fans seem to think they’ve been murder all season yet still find themselves within touching distance. East fife on a brilliant run also, can see more points being dropped in quarter 2. The main thing for us is keeping everyone fit.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The highlights just confirming what I thought at the game Arbroath the better team with more chances. Not a penalty Thomson puts his leg into the Rovers defenders leg. Rovers pretty poor for a full time team thought they had turned the corner after the 5-0 last week which had the Rovers supporters wetting themselves:) but not just yet.

Match report
Dick Campbell has built a strong, physical Arbroath side, and referee Napier allowed a few hefty challenges to go unpunished, particularly on Lewis Vaughan, who was limping heavily by the midway stage of the half after twice feeling the force of tackles that claimed ball and man.

The referee did let a few bookable tackles go booking free.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You'll really need to explain how Thomson was posted missing for your goal, he cleared it off the line to start with ffs.

Nisbet is in acres of space for our goal, in open play, in the area where the right back should have under control. 

I thought it was a pen at the time, but what an embarrassing dive from Thomson.  I would be absolutely fucking raging if I was an Arbroath fan, as that was an excellent position from a good move.

It does look like a foul by Hendry in the build up to our goal but considering the amount of points we'll win the league by it won't matter come the end of the season ;)

I'd say our equaliser is technically an own goal as the Arbroath goalkeeper carries the ball over the line.

Nice to see so many Raith fans praising us and saying we were the better team.  Wouldve been nice to have opened up a 7 point gap as I don’t see us losing many games, it’s the strongest back 4 and goalkeeper I can remember in an Arbroath team. 
Raith will improve under mcglynn, most fans seem to think they’ve been murder all season yet still find themselves within touching distance. East fife on a brilliant run also, can see more points being dropped in quarter 2. The main thing for us is keeping everyone fit.

Interested to see how you cope if injuries or suspensions kick in. Hopefully we get over our injury problems and put a run together

It does look like a foul by Hendry in the build up to our goal but considering the amount of points we'll win the league by it won't matter come the end of the season [emoji6]
I'd say our equaliser is technically an own goal as the Arbroath goalkeeper carries the ball over the line.

Aye I bet the Arbroath keeper is feeling pretty silly, especially after his ridiculous celebrations when Arbroath scored.

The thing with Murray v Linn that worried me was that it was clear from 10mins in that Linn had the measure of him. But instead of closing him down more, giving him less space to operate in, we just gave him more and allowed him to run from deep. It was so inevitable that a goal was going to come from Linn himself or an assist. Thought we might have done something about it at HT but nothing changed. Thankfully we won't have to face a winger like that in the other teams in this league.

Frustrating the number of times we could have hit the bye line and put in some meaningful crosses yet opted to either loop speculative ones from deep (that hit the first one man or went too far) or checked back.

Wouldn't be surprised if our away form is better than our home form this season. Really struggling to break teams down at Stark's. Best chances yesterday came on breakaways like Flanagan's one-on-one.

8 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Ok, definitely not a penalty. Good goal by Bobby. Interesting that Raith TV chose not to show the view from behind the goal during the build up to the equaliser, it looked like Swanks might have been fouled. Ball was definitely over goal line though.

At the match, I felt we did enough to win it. Raith's own highlights just confirm that opinion. Raith had big spells of possession without threatening, while we made the better chances.

Point gained for the Rovers. Two points dropped by the Lichties. Let's see where it goes from here...

the build up action was out of shot on that angle. We always try our best to have completely unbiased highlights.

Vaughan got the shit kicked out of him and no protection at all from the ref, just what you'd expect from an uncle Fester team though!

Crane's foot was planted and Thomson actually kicked it, he then couldn't believe he wasn't getting the pen, what a tube!

Murray has to learn not to back off his man, he does it time and again, it was only a matter of time before it caught him out.

Shot shy Rovers, pay the price for dallying, twice in the 1st half and once in the 2nd.

Thought Regan Hendry was head and shoulders the best player on the day, was easily the MotM.  What a great bit of skill setting from him up the equaliser, I had a good clear view, some of the Arbroath defenders claimed he carried it over the by-line, yes it was close but not more than half the ball crossed the line never mind all of it. As for the goal the keeper carried it over the line by at least 6 inches.

Even better seeing the Townie seething b*****d sent to the stand. GIRUY. Arbroath might have been the better team. But you didn’t win, Lichtie tears are delicious

No tears from the league leaders and their comfortable 4 point advantage

Really disappointed with the Thomson dive. Not for any other reason than it robbed him of the reception he deserved.

I understand he’s at a new team and has to do everything he can to help them win and we’ve seen (and benefitted) from his tendency to dive many times in the past.

However, with that incident happening so early it meant he was, rightfully, booed for the rest of the game and never really got the reception he deserved for all his years of service and being a cup winning Rovers captain.

Archived