TV shows that have gone on too long

scottsdad

tom pellereau only won 1 task but won the whole series in 2011. why? he already had an invention that sugar knew about and backed once the series finished. some S shaped nail file. this was when i gave up on the apprentice. tom-pellereau-pic-pa-918819670.jpg.5cffcc9986663379a5aa65d1a9f12dd4.jpg
Ditto. He rejected TP's ergonomic chair and went with his curvy nail file which had already been marketed in the USA and was on sale in Walmart.

Haven't watched it since.

The Apprentice is good if you take it for what it is: a bunch of egomaniacs who fail to comprehend how fucking stupid they all are. It can be good for a laugh but it's definitely more a comedy than serious business programme.

• 2 years later...

I see The Apprentice is still chugging along. Caught 2 minutes last night and some guy was getting slagged off for doing a pitch with his back to the audience - just like in every other series since day one.

Others to add - Grey's Anatomy. My wife's favourite show of all time and even she has given up on it. 

Great British Menu - they have tinkered with what was a fine, low-key show too many times now. Stopped watching when they brought in Susan Calman. 

I'm a Celebrity - since moving to Wales it has lost some of its spark. Never a great show, but painful now. 

Depending on how the reboot under RTD goes, Doctor Who could well be added to this pile.

On 17/06/2019 at 23:27, pozbaird said:

The Blacklist. Started off great - who is this mysterious Raymond Reddington - what’s the deal with him and Lizzie?

Then it just went on, and on, and on, and....

This was the first show I thought about when I saw this thread. After about series 1 it was clear that he was using the FBI to essentially just kill his enemies, and I couldn't take seriously the idea that they wouldn't just fling him in jail after a short while. James Spader's charisma had me watching longer than I would otherwise have (see also Meghan Markle in Suits).

Lizzie's actress becoming pregnant, I think, forced the writers to derail the original storyline to fit in Lizzie being pregnant and the show became convoluted.