Stranraer -vs- Dumbarton

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

Considering our injuries,  holding Stranraer to 3-2 is a great result. Extend the man's contract please, board.

I agree.2  new players coming in cold , only 3 fit players on the bench,Andy Dowie played the whole 90 mins with an itchy thigh,Beany had a troublesome midgie bite on his pinkie,calum gallagher had a sore a rse from sitting on the bench for 25 months,brad spencer  was horribly concussed when a stray crisp packet hit him square on the head during the warm-up and OLD SCROTUM flashing on the terrace reduced Robbie Mutch to a mumbling  wreck. So all in all a great performance.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another absolute disgrace.

How many more complete horror shows are going to be accepted?

Subs all wrong as usual, scoring twice away from home and again coming away with SFA.

Dom Thomas was a positive but on the whole that was tragic.

It's almost now as if Aitken is backed into a corner and has nowhere to go under his steam. It's not time for the board to act.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

What a journey that was

to be honest bearing in mind where we are at, I thought we did ok going forward, Thomas encouraging.

defensively and the goals we lost were awful 

bbc stats show possession, shots and I don’t remember keeper havin a worthwhile save.

i know dowie gets the flack for the goals but the rest have to cover up for any mistakes. Defend as a unit

and I suppose when all’s said and done stevie shouldn’t survive our q1 performance regardless of injuries 

today reminded me of last season, played ok ,as good as opposition,lost

What a journey that was
to be honest bearing in mind where we are at, I thought we did ok going forward, Thomas encouraging.
defensively and the goals we lost were awful 
bbc stats show possession, shots and I don’t remember keeper havin a worthwhile save.
i know dowie gets the flack for the goals but the rest have to cover up for any mistakes. Defend as a unit
and I suppose when all’s said and done stevie shouldn’t survive our q1 performance regardless of injuries 
today reminded me of last season, played ok ,as good as opposition,lost

In a strange way today confirms that we are not yet without hope for this season. That's us now played every team and with the exception of Arbroath and Raith they appear much of a muchness.

Considering that we have been literally hamstrung with injuries surely we are entitled to hope that a better situation will develop. Yes, we are ninth but we are not cut-off.

The Manager's position will resolve itself one way or the other. The permutations are many; SA could remain and results could pick up, or we could continue to labour. The same could happen under a new guy.

It's a waiting game and we need to treat every game as an opportunity to turn the corner. Comparisons with recent seasons are invalid - we can no longer live beyond our means as that almost took the club under, and Brabco won't invest a penny.

Tough times.

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

In a strange way today confirms that we are not yet without hope for this season. That's us now played every team and with the exception of Arbroath and Raith they appear much of a muchness.

Considering that we have been literally hamstrung with injuries surely we are entitled to hope that a better situation will develop. Yes, we are ninth but we are not cut-off.

The Manager's position will resolve itself one way or the other. The permutations are many; SA could remain and results could pick up, or we could continue to labour. The same could happen under a new guy.

It's a waiting game and we need to treat every game as an opportunity to turn the corner. Comparisons with recent seasons are invalid - we can no longer live beyond our means as that almost took the club under, and Brabco won't invest a penny.

Tough times.

We’re in purgatory until Aitken leaves. 

Tough times.

They might be much of a muchness but in that 9 game spell we have managed 2 wins. The league table doesn't lie, we are currently unable to compete with the other sides in this league.

I don't think comparisons with other seasons are invalid. Aitken has had a VERY healthy budget to work with and spent the best part of a year absolutely toiling. This seasons budget is easily top 4 in this league and I'd be astounded if the board were happy with anything less than that.

It's time for John Steele to stop acting the nice guy and make the decision that needs to be made. If there are no funds to sack a man who should have gone in the summer, the board should be held accountable for that. They set the budget at the start of the season, not the previous board.

Archived