Israel v Scotland

TheScarf

21 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Is he the new Darren Fletcher?  A small cog in a brilliant club team expected to somehow transform Scotland's average players into something much better?

That's the way I see it.  As in folk think that, not that I think he should be transforming Scotland somehow.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eyes just stopped bleeding after watching that 

Robertson or Tierney not both 

McKenna and Soutter centre halfs and persist with it till someone better comes along as Mulgrew needing replaced 

Mcdonald surely played last game

Mcgregor outstanding in goals 

That’s what I got from that game 

I touched on this last night when people were complaining that he doesn't take a man on. At Liverpool he has the likes of Mane tucking inside to give him the freedom to get up the wing, he also knows if he loses the ball he has the quality behind him to clear up. If he loses the ball for Scotland, we have the prospect of Souttar clogging an attacking winger. 

Wouldn't be Souttar though, Tierney was his cover at the back last night.

That will be 90 Minutes I am never getting back....

I listened to McLeish afterwards and I am now convinced he was watching a different game from me? They dominated us from start to finish, we got lucky with the penalty and their poor finishing otherwise it would have been worse!

The Players are not exactly blameless either mind you...Robertson and Tierney were AWFUL, I actually thought Mulgrew played well before he went off. McDonald is terrible and is playing purely based on the fact of the league he plays in.  I have said it many times and I will say it again, McGinn is completely overrated, not sure what the hype with him is but he is dreadful.

I always stick with us through thick and thin but I will not watching any more games this season, sick of being let down time and time again.

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

Last Saturday night someone told me that Tommy Wright was a good manager doing a great job and that St Johnstone are always very well organised and hard to break down, they then added that Celtic were a shadow of the team they'd been in the last couple of seasons.

Bloody fitba' eh ;).

I think recent events have shown that neither team are organised or well-drilled. 

I'm honestly still trying to process thst performance. I honestly didn't think that group of 11 players could collectively fail so badly as a unit. The keeper was the only one to get pass marks. I'd happily never see some of those players in Scotland shirts ever again. It was Berti Vogts levels of ineptitude.

9 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I'm honestly still trying to process thst performance. I honestly didn't think that group of 11 players could collectively fail so badly as a unit. The keeper was the only one to get pass marks. I'd happily never see some of those players in Scotland shirts ever again. It was Berti Vogts levels of ineptitude.

When did we look that bad and unorganised under Berti Vogts?

2 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

When did we look that bad and unorganised under Berti Vogts?

5-0 friendly defeat in France in 2002.  No shame in losing to such a good team but just look at our line up!!  It's not been photo shopped for effect...that was the fucking team!!

a.jpg

Why are the SFA continually arranging friendlies that we have zero chance of winning. Since 2016 we've played Italy (n), France (a), Canada (h), Holland (h), Costa Rica (h), Hungary (a), Mexico (a), peru (a), Belgium (h) and Portugal (h)

Realistically we are going to get scudded in most of those fixtures. Arrange more friendlies against pish, yes its not going to sell tickets but it's an opportunity to take the team around the country, get some confidence in the players and improve the world ranking. You get more points for beating shite than getting scudded by the best teams.

If you've got zero chance of beating Canada on your own pitch then you're playing the wrong sport.
I think you'll find that I say realistically we're going to get scudded in MOST of those fixtures. I included all the games in the interest of fairness. But good point well made.

2 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
6 minutes ago, The_Judge said:
If you've got zero chance of beating Canada on your own pitch then you're playing the wrong sport.

I think you'll find that I say realistically we're going to get scudded in MOST of those fixtures. I included all the games in the interest of fairness. But good point well made.

You also suggested that by going around the country (playing against pish) we'd gain more confidence and improve the world ranking.  Can't see how that 1-1 draw with Canada in front of 9,000 at Easter Road achieved either?

8 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

4-0 defeat to Wales.  Case closed.

aaaa.jpg

Yeah to be fair that was worse but at least it was a friendly. In competitive games, he looked like Sir Alex Ferguson in comparison to McLeish

Archived