Pyramid 2019/2020

The reaction to what I viewed as a light-hearted joke more than anything else is a bit of an eye opener. Have to wonder now what the reaction would be to hospitality revolving around a bottle of Eldorado from a blue bag in a portacabin rather than a well-aged single malt from a glass cabinet in an oak-paneled boardroom [emoji41]. That sort of shock to the system might explain why Arbroath were quite vocal about not wanting to play at Newtown Park a few years back. No matter, junior clubs from former mining towns and villages seem to have figured out how to install the devil's lanterns and compile fixture lists despite all the ever so witty banter that used to appear on here over the years, so it's only a matter of time until they find their natural level in the pyramid and the former EoS premier clubs do as well. Anyone who is genuinely pro-pyramid should welcome that and be very much looking forward to that outcome.
All agreed.

Thinking back, apart from going to Pollok when I was a kid, my introduction to non-league football was Linlithgow Rose, with that nice big stand. But I remember my first away game, at Broxburn, wondering what I was doing. When you've only watched league football, somewhere like that felt like park football. Even watching a game from pitch level and not 40 rows up felt very strange. Folk get used to what they're used to and you don't realise how alien it might be to others.

I do believe the SFA President was standing at a recent game at NDP. He didn't seem traumatised at the experience. We had Craig Brown at a game last season, and he wasn't born yesterday.

That said though, I think seating may well be the next major licence requirement down the track.
Did I say "traumatised"??? FFS.

Why is it impossible to say something neither black not white on here without the usual suspects choosing to be tits about it?

Fine, pyramid good, all other opinions bad. Am I in the gang now?

Why is it impossible to say something neither black not white on here without the usual suspects choosing to be tits about it?

While I'm here, and last post off topic, though the vast majority of Linlithgow Rose fans are sound, it seems a disproportionate number of the small, perma-raged, mentally-deficient, bar-stool bore dickheads on here are Linlithgow Rose fans. Disappointing, but thankfully not something I encounter at games.

17 minutes ago, GordonS said:
24 minutes ago, GordonS said:

While I'm here, and last post off topic, though the vast majority of Linlithgow Rose fans are sound, it seems a disproportionate number of the small, perma-raged, mentally-deficient, bar-stool bore dickheads on here are Linlithgow Rose fans. Disappointing, but thankfully not something I encounter at games.

You must stand with head phones on because that club is full of dickhead fans. Many nice ones too

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Calm down FFS :lol:

1 hour ago, paulc said:

At steps 1-3 of English non-league football, 250 seats are required. Step 4 requires 150.

It's going to come eventually to the SFA Licence, maybe not 150, but 50-100 seats once the shock of floodlights calms down.

It's going to come eventually to the SFA Licence, maybe not 150, but 50-100 seats once the shock of floodlights calms down.

It would be nice to have a general timeline for the next 10-15 years. Fantasy land stuff I know but it would be lovely if clubs knew what criteria will likely be in place for 2022, 2025, 2030 etc.

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

It would be nice to have a general timeline for the next 10-15 years. Fantasy land stuff I know but it would be lovely if clubs knew what criteria will likely be in place for 2022, 2025, 2030 etc.

As you said, Fantasy Land.  Clubs will find out 10 minutes before their annual audit..........

11 hours ago, GordonS said:
11 hours ago, GordonS said:

In case anyone's not sure what I'm on about, btw, see the screenshots attached below for an example. I don't know who this guy is, I've never had anything to do with him on here and I've had him muted for a long time, so I don't even see his posts far less reply to them. But he regularly trawls through my posts, sometimes going a long, long way back, giving them red dots. I really couldn't care less about reds or greens, I don't do anything to go looking for likes or avoiding dislikes and I rarely post outside of non-league football. But this chap, every few days, looks up my posts and 'dislikes' as many of them as he can. This morning's dislikes were all before 8am.

What kind of person does that? Who gets up in the morning and thinks, "lovely day, I know what I'll do, I'll go online and hit 'dislike' on a bunch of posts by a total stranger on a website". I don't think anyone I know would take time out of their life to do anything so weird. Do people do this? Is this normal? Because the day I ever do anything like that it'll be a definite cry for help.

Anyway my friend, if it makes you happy and helps you through the day, you carry on. But if I were in your shoes I'd be down the health centre tomorrow, and I'm completely serious. Try telling someone who loves you what you do on here and see how they respond.

Right, that's me definitely done, there'll be no more non-football posts from me for a while. I didn't reply to anything above and I won't be replying to anything under this, because I'm a grown man, I've already spent far more time on it than it deserves and this shit is just weird.

Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 21.41.39.png

Screenshot 2019-08-18 at 22.34.42.png

Screenshot 2019-08-22 at 02.03.22.png

In case anyone's not sure what I'm on about, btw, see the screenshots attached below for an example. I don't know who this guy is, I've never had anything to do with him on here and I've had him muted for a long time, so I don't even see his posts far less reply to them. But he regularly trawls through my posts, sometimes going a long, long way back, giving them red dots. I really couldn't care less about reds or greens, I don't do anything to go looking for likes or avoiding dislikes and I rarely post outside of non-league football. But this chap, every few days, looks up my posts and 'dislikes' as many of them as he can. This morning's dislikes were all before 8am.
What kind of person does that? Who gets up in the morning and thinks, "lovely day, I know what I'll do, I'll go online and hit 'dislike' on a bunch of posts by a total stranger on a website". I don't think anyone I know would take time out of their life to do anything so weird. Do people do this? Is this normal? Because the day I ever do anything like that it'll be a definite cry for help.
Anyway my friend, if it makes you happy and helps you through the day, you carry on. But if I were in your shoes I'd be down the health centre tomorrow, and I'm completely serious. Try telling someone who loves you what you do on here and see how they respond.

Right, that's me definitely done, there'll be no more non-football posts from me for a while. I didn't reply to anything above and I won't be replying to anything under this, because I'm a grown man, I've already spent far more time on it than it deserves and this shit is just weird.
1532612670_Screenshot2019-08-26at21_41_39.thumb.png.bd6c220bb1f294becef9efcc4872a46e.png
1819671641_Screenshot2019-08-18at22_34_42.thumb.png.ecf52eb6db1122b3b03718d5307db641.png
856933608_Screenshot2019-08-22at02_03_22.thumb.png.2e13093c4b6e19e337f8304921d2be27.png

That is indeed incredibly weird behaviour, bordering on psychotic.

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 21.41.39.png

Screenshot 2019-08-18 at 22.34.42.png

Screenshot 2019-08-22 at 02.03.22.png

He’s not a Falkirk fan and single is he ? 

10 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Hopefully the genuine mods on here will look into that and the superbigal thing.

Might help if he'd raised it in the appropriate part of the forum instead of attention seeking in here, I have my doubts it ever happened.