Pyramid 2019/2020

After listening to the Junior Podcast 7 the other night, tonights events don't really surprise me. The head kiddy from Cumbernauld Utd disparaged the Lowland League, and either him or another guest thought six of the LL clubs came from the South of Scotland (I might be wrong but I can only think of Gretna and Dalbeatie Star), and they thought Newtown Stewart played in the LL.

The ignorance and arrogance from people heavily involved in the west juniors with regard to the LL was shocking, but not altogether surprising.

Perhaps, the "n*****s" running the East of Scotland League should reaffirm their very generous offer from  a couple of years back to clubs in the west, between now and March,  to help set up a West of Scotland League. A WoSL to be set up at tier six for season starting 2020/2021.

The West Region, controlled by the SJFA, are never going to come over. They are a dead loss that will forever drag their heels with regard to the pyramid, and I say that as someone who attends quite a few west junior games per season.

The WoSL should be open to all... the licensed clubs, Girvan and Glasgow Uni, junior clubs not stuck in the past, and ambitious amatuers from Oban to the west central lowlands.

The comments regarding the East of Scotland League are disgraceful. For me the EoSL are in the same category, as regards the non-league game, as the late Turnbull Hutton was to the integrity of the so-called senior game... they were a game changer.  They near enough sacrificed their existence for the good of the game by supporting the LL and the pyramid.

6 hours ago, The Speaking Pariah said:

After listening to the Junior Podcast 7 the other night, tonights events don't really surprise me. The head kiddy from Cumbernauld Utd disparaged the Lowland League, and either him or another guest thought six of the LL clubs came from the South of Scotland (I might be wrong but I can only think of Gretna and Dalbeatie Star), and they thought Newtown Stewart played in the LL.

The ignorance and arrogance from people heavily involved in the west juniors with regard to the LL was shocking, but not altogether surprising.

That was my take away from the listening as well. The manager's on both episode 7 and 8 were a bit more respectful and informed. But you can say the same about JC in the East.

Unfortunately they're not the 'owners' and fans that influence these sort of decisions.

Hopefully a WoSFL comes out of this.

So what have we learned? The EoS tweet is a very strong indication that there is a move underway to move the HL:LL boundary and that the EoS are not happy about it because it probably means that the entire old Tayside juniors catchment will now be expected to be in their catchment, if the move succeeds. The news from the WRSJFA should finally put to rest any question on whether they actually want into the pyramid if they have really selected a preferred option that involves having their top clubs moving into an "LL West" rather than being the west superleague at tier 6. Beyond that if as appears to be the case the WRSJFA have uncoupled themselves to a large extent from what happens in the east that is a lot better than having them select west and east regions both in at tier 6 as their preferred option. That's probably very bad news from Tom Johnston's standpoint and provides a glimmer of hope that this can eventually reach some sort of sensible resolution.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So what have we learned? The EoS tweet is a very strong indication that there is a move underway to move the HL:LL boundary and that the EoS are not happy about it because it probably means that the entire old Tayside juniors catchment will now be expected to be in their catchment, if the move succeeds. The news from the WRSJFA should finally put to rest any question on whether they actually want into the pyramid if they have really selected a preferred option that involves having their top clubs moving into an "LL West" rather than being the west superleague at tier 6. Beyond that if as appears to be the case the WRSJFA have uncoupled themselves to a large extent from what happens in the east that is a lot better than having them select west and east regions both in at tier 6 as their preferred option. That's probably very bad news from Tom Johnston's standpoint and provides a glimmer of hope that this can eventually reach some sort of sensible resolution.

You deduced all that from a simple tweet :lol:

Chances are the WRJFA have done a deal with the ERJFA to promote splitting the LL.  That is why the East were trumpeting to the clubs there's a good chance they'll be in at tier 6, because as that particular plan stands the ERJFA sit alongside the EoS and feeds a LL East.   The EoS of course are exceptionally unlikely to agree to anything that sees two competing leagues covering the same area, and for a whole host of reason the splitting of the LL in the next 2 seasons is largely fantasy,

TJ is playing a blinder at job preservation, looks like nothing will happen next season if the West don't want to walk through the open door themselves and into the Pyramid.

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Chances are the WRJFA have done a deal with the ERJFA to promote splitting the LL. 

Don't think that's even the case. They just don't seem to care for it. They've never engaged. Only reason this is happening is because of the East, and the West has always been largely dismissive of them.

Remember the reaction when clydebank voted to go senior. A lot were quite happy to see them go. They weren't a proper junior club.

11 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't think that's even the case. They just don't seem to care for it. They've never engaged. Only reason this is happening is because of the East, and the West has always been largely dismissive of them.

Remember the reaction when clydebank voted to go senior. A lot were quite happy to see them go. They weren't a proper junior club.

To use a LTL tactic, I've had it confirmed.......anonymous sources.......they're sticking together and that's the preferred option to get East into Pyramid.

Frankly, it fits with what happened last night.

I believe that there was a meeting between the North Region JFA and the Highland League last week re the Pyramid. No details but understand it is a case of agree or be left to graze on your own. 

Poster is involved with Montrose Roselea in some capacity (or used to be)

11 hours ago, The Speaking Pariah said:

They may have meant clubs from the Borders as well, but that's only three more clubs and given the time it would take for Cumbernauld United to get a licence and gain promotion, there's a good chance VoL, Gretna, Dalbeattie would no longer be in the LL. It's one of the issues Junior folk seem to have (especially clubs who are unlikely to win the West Premiership) - thinking only about the present and not about how things will look in a few years time.

4 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

SJF's an utter dimwit, whoever he is.

He's blocked me on Twitter for daring to disagree with him on something here on P&B (not even on Twitter!). And that while I follow a junior club, go to more junior matches than any other "grades" and when I tweet about football, it's more often junior football than anything else. But then also people like me are clearly not allowed to criticise the SJFA...

He's blocked me on Twitter for daring to disagree with him on something here on P&B (not even on Twitter!). And that while I follow a junior club, go to more junior matches than any other "grades" and when I tweet about football, it's more often junior football than anything else. But then also people like me are clearly not allowed to criticise the SJFA...
Remember though as a non-native Scotsman you don't understand gud honest working class junyoor fitba as per our friend with the forum

Just now, GNU_Linux said:
18 minutes ago, Marten said:

Remember though as a non-native Scotsman you don't understand gud honest working class junyoor fitba as per our friend with the forum

In all seriousness though, such people really damage junior football. I don't follow a particular grade, I simply watch my local football club who play their home games in walking distance from where I live. Most "junior fans" are like that. And people at the club (including people who don't agree with my views on the pyramid) have been nothing but welcoming and friendly to me. As adults, we can agree to disagree on certain issues, but for some people that's obviously very hard...

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Poster is involved with Montrose Roselea in some capacity (or used to be)

The significance of his info is that it suggests that the SJFA entering intact with all three regions on board is still part of the plan that is being pursued. That leaves the east as the stumbling block if the EoS can veto playoff format changes in an LL format over the ERSJFA being a parallel east feeder, but maybe that falls away if the LL is replaced by LL West and LL East? 

At least what we now know is that the likelihood of Junior leagues moving into the Pyramid next season is fairly remote, assuming the West/East stick to their preferred option and only that option.

May well see further ERJFA clubs move in that case.