Pyramid 2019/2020

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I note that the SFA have just announced a record payout this year, with £1.7m distributed through the various Licencing tiers.  I guess the £12k from last year will therefore increase for EoS Licenced clubs, and more for LL?  Not sure if LL/HL get more than EoS/SoS.

A good start for current Licenced clubs faced with floodlighting costs.

I've never seen it mentioned that it's scaled by whatever league you are in. 

If it was, I'm guessing there are clubs that would of looked to join the pyramid to open up the extra revenue.

22 minutes ago, PatP said:

Is the payout possibly dependent upon the type of licence you hold rather than which league you are in? And that payout won’t include Scottish Cup money which is dealt with separately according to their announcement. 

I’m sure there is also an element of what league you’re in, League One clubs only need to be Entry Level for example but play two or three levels above other Entry Level clubs, might be wrong.

This is completely separate to Scottish Cup prize money which is additional.

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I’m sure there is also an element of what league you’re in, League One clubs only need to be Entry Level for example but play two or three levels above other Entry Level clubs, might be wrong.

This is completely separate to Scottish Cup prize money which is additional.

It's paid by licence type. League position attracts additional cash but from the relevant league body. 

On 17/12/2018 at 10:50, Burnie_man said:

From what I understand last years SFA annual payment to clubs in the EoS was £12,000, LL may get more being a level above, add in a minimum of £3,000 for Scottish participation (more if you progress through several rounds) and there’s £15,000 to start with. That’s just one year, I guess the 2018 payment is due around now.  The LL clubs have benefitted from these sort of payments (and I appreciate some years are lower than others) for around the last 5 years.  I understand floodlights cost around c.£60,000, and the SFP provide grants to Licenced clubs which could cover a decent whack of that cost.   

Clubs going through the process now – and who are expected to install floodlights before they can be Licenced as it stands – have not received a penny, and are caught in the trap that the SFP give reduced grants to non-Licenced clubs, but clubs can’t get Licenced and access to higher grants until the install floodlights.  This is where the SFA need to help more.

As for us, our floodlights are 40 years old and were refurbished when we moved there 4 years ago, a move which took 8 years to come to fruition.  We fully expect there to be further significant changes to Licencing in the future, the example of covered seats being one, and we need to plan for that eventuality.

The SFP support is graded. As a junior team you can secure a maximum of  £5k in a year (match funding - so need to provide  £5k under your own steam). EoS teams can get up to £10k, LL teams £20k and SPFL teams £40k. Juniors are seen as equivalent to amateur. 

53 minutes ago, naebor said:

IMG_0851.jpg
Seen this today not been on the feed for a while but interesting to say the least

The original version didn't include mention of tier 6 and could be interpreted in a way that existing members were also to apply.

The amended advert is likely more a reflection of those critiques being raised rather than official confirmation of anything.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The original version didn't include mention of tier 6 and could be interpreted in a way that existing members were also to apply.

The amended advert is likely more a reflection of those critiques being raised rather than official confirmation of anything.

Why would the region secretary put his name to something that was not fact ? If as Burnie says the ERJFA is not in at tier 6 then why does he not ask the secretary of the EoS to take the advert to the SFA or PWG stating that John Reilly is printing lies to the detrement of the EoS

3 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Why would the region secretary put his name to something that was not fact ? If as Burnie says the ERJFA is not in at tier 6 then why does he not ask the secretary of the EoS to take the advert to the SFA or PWG stating that John Reilly is printing lies to the detrement of the EoS

Still not an official confirmation of anything. 

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Still not an official confirmation of anything. 

It is clear the ERJFA & WRJFA are both in at tier 6 ! There was a meeting last Thursday between the North Juniors & HL attended by Ian Maxwell. This was to discuss the pryamid within the North. The ERJFA were not there or invited and no Tayside clubs were invited. I stand by what I have said and if I am wrong I am more than prepared to admit I was wrong. 

Just now, Kilbowie Benches said:

Because they’ll still be members of the SJFA.

In the senior pyramid.  Don't really see how they hold onto any of their junior history just because the SJFA are involved.  Whole point of the pro junior argument was about being distinct and independent from the seniors.  They lose all that and simply become another senior league run by the SJFA.

Can't see the benefits for anyone, senior or junior, of what's being apparently proposed in the east.

52 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

"If Burnie says the ERJFA are not in at tier 6"

I'm only going on the facts, and the facts are there is currently no evidence of this as things stand. Nothing. Zilch.  The EoS state there is no agreement, and you can't provide any evidence to contradict that.

Therefore, how can the ERJFA advertise for clubs claiming tier 6?  I'd also point out that clubs joining start at the lowest level, so that would be tier 7 if it ever happened.

The SJFA are already under the jurisdiction of the SFA as affiliates.
the jurisdiction is currently limited though. As of when a pyramid form any functions handled by the sjfa such as discipline will transfer to to the sfa. So in effect the sjfa becomes an awkward middle man of sorts not doing much besides the junior cup. Everything not done by the sfa will be handled by the regions (similar to how leagues in the pyramid handle fixtures etc).

8 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
20 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:
The SJFA are already under the jurisdiction of the SFA as affiliates.

the jurisdiction is currently limited though. As of when a pyramid form any functions handled by the sjfa such as discipline will transfer to to the sfa. So in effect the sjfa becomes an awkward middle man of sorts not doing much besides the junior cup. Everything not done by the sfa will be handled by the regions (similar to how leagues in the pyramid handle fixtures etc).

No different than the EoSFA