Pyramid 2019/2020

4 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Do you forsee the restructure keeping all clubs happy as they get more localised football or will some still move to the EOS?

I don't think it will, not every single one of them.  If they look at it long term it's fairly bleak looking with all the big clubs gone and only 9 and 10 club divisions.

Sense has to prevail eventually.

It's less travelling for all involved but a shame for JC & Fauldhouse who last season were chasing promotion so they could play the likes of Bonnyrigg, Linlithgow, Bo'ness etc. - there's no way that will happen unless all the east teams come together again, or they move to the EOS next season.

26 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I don't think it will, not every single one of them.  If they look at it long term it's fairly bleak looking with all the big clubs gone and only 9 and 10 club divisions.

Sense has to prevail eventually.

Sense may prevail, but when ?

The first action needed is for the SFA to decide  and confirm the boundary. There is no sense in having different two  boundaries between Tiers 1-4 & Tiers 5 -8. It doesn't really matter whether the existing boundary is confirmed as it currently is, or whether it is moved to a different location. One pyramid with two conflicting boundaries, is just absurd, and will continue to cause agitation, once club movement between league & non-league increases (as I would expect when more West junior clubs join the pyramid/are licensed.  SFA please make a permanent decision.

Secondly, it would greatly help clubs awaiting a decision about their licence application, to be told whether or not they have been successful. There is no rational reason for this to be dragged out, and it will give some credibility about the licensing process, which has been the subject of revised rules since 1/1/19. Also, "derogation" is in principle a good 'interim' arrangement, but as yet, no-one seems to have any idea how it will work.

Thirdly, the SFA/PWG needs to agree and announce

(a) that the WRJFA  will have until 30th April 2019 to confirm that it will join the pyramid in 2019/20, otherwise the current 'offer' will be withdrawn. Linking it to the East (or North) juniors issues, is foolish, and it appears unlikely to be achieved very quickly. It also looks like the SJFA is dictating its terms to the SFA, about how the pyramid should be run     

(b) that the pyramid situation regarding the ERJFA and the NRJFA clubs (+ the NCL) will be deferred until the boundary issue is resolved. Otherwise, anything agreed now about Tayside and the north, MAY have to be revisited  again next year, or soon thereafter.  This would permit full consultation about the boundary, to take place with SPFL, LL/HFL, EoS and ERJFA to take place, with an expectation that whatever is agreed, will be permanent for all of the clubs concerned

(c) that the 'Junior' Cup should be retained, but open to all pyramid clubs, albeit split into 2 separate knock out competitions - one for clubs at tiers 5 & 6, and the other for clubs at tiers 7, 8 & 9. This would add competition to the'higher' (national) competition, and also give lower level pyramid clubs the chance of winning a (national) cup competition.

8 hours ago, Robert James said:

Sense may prevail, but when ?

The first action needed is for the SFA to decide  and confirm the boundary. There is no sense in having different two  boundaries between Tiers 1-4 & Tiers 5 -8. It doesn't really matter whether the existing boundary is confirmed as it currently is, or whether it is moved to a different location. One pyramid with two conflicting boundaries, is just absurd, and will continue to cause agitation, once club movement between league & non-league increases (as I would expect when more West junior clubs join the pyramid/are licensed.  SFA please make a permanent decision.

Secondly, it would greatly help clubs awaiting a decision about their licence application, to be told whether or not they have been successful. There is no rational reason for this to be dragged out, and it will give some credibility about the licensing process, which has been the subject of revised rules since 1/1/19. Also, "derogation" is in principle a good 'interim' arrangement, but as yet, no-one seems to have any idea how it will work.

Thirdly, the SFA/PWG needs to agree and announce

(a) that the WRJFA  will have until 30th April 2019 to confirm that it will join the pyramid in 2019/20, otherwise the current 'offer' will be withdrawn. Linking it to the East (or North) juniors issues, is foolish, and it appears unlikely to be achieved very quickly. It also looks like the SJFA is dictating its terms to the SFA, about how the pyramid should be run     

(b) that the pyramid situation regarding the ERJFA and the NRJFA clubs (+ the NCL) will be deferred until the boundary issue is resolved. Otherwise, anything agreed now about Tayside and the north, MAY have to be revisited  again next year, or soon thereafter.  This would permit full consultation about the boundary, to take place with SPFL, LL/HFL, EoS and ERJFA to take place, with an expectation that whatever is agreed, will be permanent for all of the clubs concerned

(c) that the 'Junior' Cup should be retained, but open to all pyramid clubs, albeit split into 2 separate knock out competitions - one for clubs at tiers 5 & 6, and the other for clubs at tiers 7, 8 & 9. This would add competition to the'higher' (national) competition, and also give lower level pyramid clubs the chance of winning a (national) cup competition.

The SJFA aren’t dictating anything to the SFA,where is that coming from?

42 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The SJFA aren’t dictating anything to the SFA,where is that coming from?

Good morning KB

Have another look sat my words :  "also it looks like the SJFA is dictating its terms to the SFA about how the pyramid should be run".  ('Perception' in life is important).

On P&B, this seems to be the majority view, although I accept that the SFA has been very poor in clarifying its position on such key issues as :  the Tay boundary, the outcome of the licensing applications, the decision of the Lowland League to advertise the 'Selkirk' vacancy which specifically excludes clubs north of the Tay Bridge from applying (I can't believe for one moment that the SFA didn't know about, or see this advert, prior to its release), its reasons why it (apparently) supports 2 overlapping East feeder leagues, and its progress (if any) with the HFL regarding creating a national pyramid throughout Scotland. 

As I explained in my post above, the process appears to be haphazard at best, with key decisions not having been formalised, nor officially announced to the Associations, Leagues, and especially to the clubs who are caught up in this saga.

Regarding this last point, has  your own club Clydebank officially declared its position for 2019/20, or is it unable to do so in the absence of clear directions/approvals from the SFA  ?  Apologies if I have missed the Bankies' statement.

Edited by Robert James
typo

The SJFA were asked if they wanted to join the pyramid.Member clubs voted yes at the AGM.

TJ informed the SFA of the result and the SFA started the process through the PWG.Its been agreed that both the WRJFA and ERJFA will be in the pyramid from next season at tier 6 and that talks will be ongoing with the HFL and NRJFA.

To enter the Pyramid the SFA told the SJFA they’d have to comply with disciplinary,registration and fixture scheduling to finish for the play offs.

This has all been agreed with the SJFA working alongside SFA staff.

The SJFA are not demanding anything!

Edited by Kilbowie Benches

There has been no talks as yet with the SHFL and the NRJFA.
It's been put on the backburner until the South gets sorted out.
weirdly the sjfa are representing all clubs in the south on the pwg yet with the north they seemingly aren't involved in the process of negotiations when they start (as I'm reading it)

44 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Is there a particular reason given? You would of thought they were independent of each other.

Unless they think the SJFA won't enter or that the boundary remains the same and North of Tay clubs have to be involved.

2 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The SJFA were asked if they wanted to join the pyramid.Member clubs voted yes at the AGM.

TJ informed the SFA of the result and the SFA started the process through the PWG.Its been agreed that both the WRJFA and ERJFA will be in the pyramid from next season at tier 6 and that talks will be ongoing with the HFL and NRJFA.

To enter the Pyramid the SFA told the SJFA they’d have to comply with disciplinary,registration and fixture scheduling to finish for the play offs.

This has all been agreed with the SJFA working alongside SFA staff.

They aren't in.

4 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

The SJFA as it stands, can't move some regions into the Pyramid and not others without the membership agreeing.   Then there is the logistical issues.

Regarding the PGB meeting that supposedly ratified the new Tier 6 structure before Maxwell anounced it in his infamous email. From what I gathered that "board" is entirely made up of SFA, SPFL, 1xLL & 1xHFL old gits.

Why the LL old git Dr Waddell (Edinburgh University FC) apparently did not have any objections is of course currently not certain. No minutes of that meeting have emerged. Shame neither I or Burnie can get hold of them

Anyway supposedly no SJFA or EOS or SOS representation so no objections/proposals/meddling etc from those camps you would assume. Possibly plenty earbending though.

What i found odd was this gem below that i found while googling. What group is/was this exactly ? Clearly out of date as Regan has gone but it does suggest the SJFA were most absolutely at the top table at some point in the last few years, while the EOS were not ?.

A pyramid system was also put in place allowing Highland League clubs and teams from the newly-formed Lowland League a route into the senior ranks. The SFA president heads up the governing body's board, which comprises chief executive Stewart Regan, Petrie, the president of the Scottish Junior FA, two members of the Professional Game Board and the two independent non-executive directors.

6 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Not true in the slightest, that is you trying to confuse the picture again. This is the timeline of events

The SJFA sat on the PWG for years before Kelty left, they sat there and continually said their members weren’t interested.  At every AGM, TJ would say “Nothing to update/No progress”

East Champions Kelty Hearts formally leave Junior football in June 2017.

Clubs begin to talk, the thread on the Junior forum began and people started to look at what was on offer and ask questions.

Dalkeith Thistle declared in Jan 2018 they were leaving

SJFA circulate a survey to clubs on joining the Pyramid, one of the options they wanted was tier 5 alongside the Lowland League.   99 clubs say they’re interested in Pyramid, 54 I think said they weren’t.

Over the course of the next few months 25 clubs in East along with Dunipace and Clydebank leave and join EoS (Clydebank eventually deferred after SJFA threats over ground share)

SJFA AGM in June 2018 voted overwhelmingly they want to join, as an intact body. Reported back to the SFA, SFA ask PWG to work on implementing this.

PWG begin discussing how they can integrate Juniors into the Pyramid, which is ongoing.

At no point in the process was the SJFA ever “invited” by the SFA to join, nor was there any agreement over how it would or could happen.  The SJFA’s position has always been - and still is - they join the Pyramid as an intact Association with everyone on board or it’s no deal.

28 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Regarding the PGB meeting that supposedly ratified the new Tier 6 structure before Maxwell anounced it in his infamous email. From what I gathered that "board" is entirely made up of SFA, SPFL, 1xLL & 1xHFL old gits.

Why the LL old git Dr Waddell (Edinburgh University FC) apparently did not have any objections is of course currently not certain. No minutes of that meeting have emerged. Shame neither I or Burnie can get hold of them

Anyway supposedly no SJFA or EOS or SOS representation so no objections/proposals/meddling etc from those camps you would assume. Possibly plenty earbending though.

What i found odd was this gem below that i found while googling. What group is/was this exactly ? Clearly out of date as Regan has gone but it does suggest the SJFA were most absolutely at the top table at some point in the last few years, while the EOS were not ?.

A pyramid system was also put in place allowing Highland League clubs and teams from the newly-formed Lowland League a route into the senior ranks. The SFA president heads up the governing body's board, which comprises chief executive Stewart Regan, Petrie, the president of the Scottish Junior FA, two members of the Professional Game Board and the two independent non-executive directors.

TJ used to sit on the SFA Board!  Replaced I believe by the rep from the SAFA (unbelievably!)

EDIT: He sat on the SFA Board whilst at the same time refusing to engage with the SFA Pyramid/Lowland League. Work that one out.

Edited by Burnie_man