Pyramid 2019/2020

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The SJFA continually playing the "nobody will getting licensed soon" card is my main complaint from them.

They've been shown up with the number of applicants from the EoS this season. I'm sure the same in the West. That's even with floodlights taken into consideration.

There will be a few coming from the West in the coming year.

Just now, Kilbowie Benches said:

Declaring your disappointment isn’t the same as saying it’s not happening!

Then where do Lochee United get promoted to? Since the Lowland League is still enforcing the HL/LL boundary. Supported by the SFA since they posted the Lowland application advert long before the Lowland did.

Or are they just never going for a license?

The SJFA continually playing the "nobody will getting licensed soon" card is my main complaint from them.
They've been shown up with the number of applicants from the EoS this season. I'm sure the same in the West. That's even with floodlights taken into consideration.
Even if clubs get licensed (for sake of Scottish Cup entry) TJ also states some clubs would have no desire to be promoted. I do not know how each club feels about promotion but its feasable some of these clubs are those at the upper echelons of the league. Hopefully though Im proven wrong and all winners would proceed with participating in the promotion process.

6 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
30 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Even if clubs get licensed (for sake of Scottish Cup entry) TJ also states some clubs would have no desire to be promoted. I do not know how each club feels about promotion but its feasable some of these clubs are those at the upper echelons of the league. Hopefully though Im proven wrong and all winners would proceed with participating in the promotion process.

Well any licenced clubs who qualify for the LL play-offs need to take part.  There is no option to refuse promotion to the LL.  Is that another hurdle to be overcome?

You cut your cloth accordingly. You would hope both the potential east and west junior champions to have aspirations to be licensed. But that play-off fixture in its current form has been null and void a few times. Or a walk over

Well any licenced clubs who qualify for the LL play-offs need to take part.  There is no option to refuse promotion to the LL.  Is that another hurdle to be overcome?
Nice to know its mandatory if licensed. As I said hopefully the top guns out west pursue licensing & embrace possibly moving onto newer pastures.

Regarding the ERJFA would any of them have grounds close to meeting licensed criteria?

Hopefully more SOS clubs get licensed but thats a tall ask owing to their small sizes.

Just now, GNU_Linux said:

Nice to know its mandatory if licensed. As I said hopefully the top guns out west pursue licensing & embrace possibly moving onto newer pastures.

I think they'll all be going for licenses so that none get left behind.

Its just you'll hear stories like Brora Rangers supposedly throwing a tie. Not that would last long, I imagine anything put in place for 2019/20 will be ripped up in a year or two for the likes of Lowland League 2.

Just now, GNU_Linux said:

Regarding the ERJFA would any of them have grounds close to meeting licensed criteria?

Hopefully more SOS clubs get licensed but thats a tall ask owing to their small sizes.

I'd say Bathgate are well positioned to be licenced without too much hassle, they have lights and plenty of cover, fence is fine, not entirely sure about pavilion, it's not old (ie built in last 30 years).  Fauldhouse would also be well positioned apart from lights.  Rosyth moved to a "3G cage" style set-up with lights, not sure about their dressing room set-up, and they would need cover. Tayport is an excellent set-up but would need lights, same with Dundee North End.

Now that the Spaghettihad is 3G, maybe Livingston United could share......and there was talk of Kennoway Star Hearts sharing with East Fife.

I'd say Bathgate are well positioned to be licenced without too much hassle, they have lights and plenty of cover, fence is fine, not entirely sure about pavilion, it's not old (ie built in last 30 years).  Fauldhouse would also be well positioned apart from lights.  Rosyth moved to a "3G cage" style set-up with lights, not sure about their dressing room set-up, and they would need cover. Tayport is an excellent set-up but would need lights, same with Dundee North End.
Now that the Spaghettihad is 3G, maybe Livingston United could share......and there was talk of Kennoway Star Hearts sharing with East Fife.
iirc Rosyth using the Fleet Grounds is a temporary thing and they'd be looking to move somewhere with grass. No idea if its within the same facility however.

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
20 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

iirc Rosyth using the Fleet Grounds is a temporary thing and they'd be looking to move somewhere with grass. No idea if its within the same facility however.

I think it's permanent, from speaking to the Rosyth guys a couple of seasons back that was where they wanted to base themselves if the Council played ball with getting it set-up right.  I've never been so don't know if they have been able to get that.

Reports today of another SPFL meeting with a view to setting up a national tier 5 which would include Colt teams.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-league-2/colt-teams-discussed-spfl-meeting-15851348

This idea wont get in the North Sea and drown. Relevant as if it went through everyone gets bumped down a tier + LL & HL would have vacancies. LL gaps could get filled easy enough, HL less so.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-league-2/colt-teams-discussed-spfl-meeting-15851348

This idea wont get in the North Sea and drown. Relevant as if it went through everyone gets bumped down a tier + LL & HL would have vacancies. LL gaps could get filled easy enough, HL less so.

Just a crazy idea, I'm against colts in the existing league set up as it is, but surely even if you let them in, 5 national leagues aren't desirable in a country as small as Scotland? It would make more sense to expand the existing 4 divisions if you want to add teams (wherever they come from)...

It’s a batshit crazy idea but one way or the other this is going to happen.  I’ve read two options, a two year trial with Rangers and Celtic tagging onto L2, they can’t get promoted or relegated and they guarantee to buy 250 tickets at £10 for every away game.   The other idea is SPFL3 with HL and LL making up the numbers.

If it’s to happen then the latter idea would be of more benefit for non-league clubs and I’m sure the LL clubs would like to see it, EK, BSC, Spartans & Kelty Hearts all get in and perhaps one or two more as I’m not sure they will find four HL clubs willing to take part, Cove Rangers and maybe one other. Depending on how they do it I’m sure Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg would be sitting up and taking notice.  Whitehill and Dalbeattie would also love it as it saves their bacon from possible relegation, and I’m sure Albion Rovers would be all for it as well for the same reasons, they might fall to SPFL3 as opposed to LL (if it were implemented next season)

It would also open up the opportunity to relegate and promote more clubs between SPFL3 and LL (maybe 2up/down).   The knock-on effect of course is that more (licenced) EoS clubs get bumped upto the LL to make up the numbers, and in turn more clubs qualify for the EoS Premier next season.

Interesting times and it all adds to the confused picture at the moment. In an ideal world you deal with SPFL3 first, then move onto LL/LL2, then you start looking at EoS level and the Juniors, but Scottish football is never that simple, and I have my doubts this would happen for next season.

Edited by Burnie_man

It’s a batshit crazy idea but one way or the other this is going to happen.  I’ve read two options, a two year trial with Rangers and Celtic tagging onto L2, they can’t get promoted or relegated and they guarantee to buy 250 tickets at £10 for every away game.   The other idea is SPFL3 with HL and LL making up the numbers.

If it’s to happen then the latter idea would be of more benefit for non-league clubs and I’m sure the LL clubs would like to see it, EK, BSC, Spartans & Kelty Hearts all get in and perhaps one or two more as I’m not sure they will find four HL clubs willing to take part, Cove Rangers and maybe one other. Depending on how they do it I’m sure Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg would be sitting up and taking notice.  Whitehill and Dalbeattie would also love it as it saves their bacon from possible relegation, and I’m sure Albion Rovers would be all for it as well for the same reasons, they might fall to SPFL3 as opposed to LL (if it were implemented next season)

It would also open up the opportunity to relegate and promote more clubs between SPFL3 and LL (maybe 2up/down).   The knock-on effect of course is that more (licenced) EoS clubs get bumped upto the LL to make up the numbers, and in turn more clubs qualify for the EoS Premier next season.

Interesting times and it all adds to the confused picture at the moment. In an ideal world you deal with SPFL3 first, then move onto LL/LL2, then you start looking at EoS level and the Juniors, but Scottish football is never that simple, and I have my doubts this would happen for next season.

Theres also the question of how would the Challenge/League Cup change as LL/HL clubs get to take part & is a decent incentive to finish in top x of the league.

If it goes through there could a knock on effect to the EOS/SOS playoffs as reserve sides currently can't take part. With reserve clubs above LL in the system the grounds for not allowing them would no longer be valid.

The gruesome twosome are the only two wanting colts on. Motherwell did but no longer as the person behind their push, ex-reserve coach Stephen Craigan left the club. He was behind it on the basis of the reserve league being a shitshow (which it is) but reforming the reserve league is a better idea than shoving colts in & creating a new tier 5. Really bad timing when the process of building a pyramid is still ongoing.