Calling Cards of Morons

34 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

Compared to any teuchter comedian Bridges is a comic genius. Actually I'm more of a Jerry Sadowitz man myself.

I'll give you Sadowitz - guy is a genius.  I don't mind Bridges either.

Teuchter is more dry humour - you'll get a laugh having a chat to some in a boozer, but they'd struggle to project it to 12,000 people in the Hydro.

46 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Which would be?

Doing something you enjoy and are interested in/have a passion for and not wasting your life doing shit you have zero interest and passion for.

Edited by DA Baracus

If a workplace doesn’t trust their staff to deliver to the point where they are upset if you’re looking at your phone then they’ve probably fucked up their recruitment.

Judge staff on results, don’t watch over their shoulder all day everyday.
Yup.
Seems so many feckless sooky p***ks do well but because they play the game rather than actually deliver results.
If there's nothing to do it's the fault of management not the staff. Why are they walking about spying on people? Trust broken you are fucked basically. People just soldier on rather than be committed.
First place I worked the owner used to appear at his office window and look down on the shop floor like some god or something. If anyone looked back they got pulled up for not working.
He ended up losing it all due to being such a dick.
Treat staff like how you would want to be treated. Wow better results. Amazing.

Think a lot of you have gotten carried away here.

We don’t have managers constantly looking over our shoulders. There aren’t managers patrolling the office looking to get folk in to trouble. Nothing I’ve said suggest this is the case. The official policy is to not have your phone out in the office, but the management know sometimes folk need to if they have to wait on a call for example. On occasion someone will be asked to put their phone away if a manager is walking by and the person is seen to be on it. There are also a couple of sneaky wee grasses who have in the past told on people (to the managers), but they are very much the exception.

We are trusted to get on with our work. The managers are actually pretty sound here.

35 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

What if people are in an office job they like/have a passion for?

Then presumably they'd enjoy it. 

Massively irrelevant thing to say though, since I'm clearly me and not them and therefore think different things.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

And yes, office work is a shite existence

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Then presumably they'd enjoy it. 

Massively irrelevant thing to say though, since I'm clearly me and not them and therefore think different things.

If you’re only talking about yourself, you should probably avoid sweeping blanket statements like the above in future then. Just because you hate your office job, doesn’t make all office jobs a “shite existence”.

The 'office job' thing is a mixed bag.

In Aberdeen, working for the operators can often mean the best technology, good canteens, breakout areas with free coffee and good looking burds.

One year I changed jobs and found myself working in a smaller company based in an old granite building, in a more solicitor/accountant type environment................the work wasn't bad, but the environment was suffocating - I realised I'd been 'institutionalised' in working for big corporate types.

Also in November with the driving wind and rain outside, it's less appealing to have to spend too much time outdoors - will just have to make do with our annual 'teambuilding' picking dogshite off the beach or counting pipe at our storage yard for that.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

If you’re only talking about yourself, you should probably avoid sweeping blanket statements like the above in future then. Just because you hate your office job, doesn’t make all office jobs a “shite existence”.

Stop being a dick. Nowhere did I say I was talking on behalf of everyone with an office job.

On 29/11/2018 at 22:33, LeeVanTeeth said:

'self-appointed patter kings from the weej'

We have Billy the Big Yin Connolly, Kevin Bridges and Frankie Boyle.

Teuchters have... em...nah, I give up.

That's why you all must be so funny. Not. 

Wedgie patter is as fucking honking as the ridiculous played up accent. 

Billy connly - " jobby jobby look at ma green hair I'm a mad working class wedgie " not funny

Bridges -" in Glasgae we call it an empty, def in atly, im a mad working class weedgie" not funny

Boyle -" You look like a lion shagged a wardrobe and you were born, politics, politics, Jordan has a black baby, I'm a mad working class weedgie" 

Played out, the lot of them, years ago.