Calling Cards of Morons

Folk that buy anything from a football club catering establishment.  Utter wierdos getting up when the game is on to go and stuff your big fat flabby faces.

Hold on, hold on. I will always queue for Brechin’s soup, I don’t have a big flat flabby face and I don’t have to get up out of a seat.
M’on the wee diddy teams.

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Was it fat fingers or was it actually the fact you were incandescent with rage whilst trying to type that out?

You maybe need to ask yourself the same question I see ;) 

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Folk that buy anything from a football club catering establishment.  Utter wierdos getting up when the game is on to go and stuff your big fat flabby faces.

I likes a pie n bovril :) 

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This, you are less than two hours there, food at football grounds is generally reheated, stodgy, overpriced, unhealthy shite.

Other than occasionally a juice on a hot day I never buy grub at the game, waste of money and a rip off. 

I don't normally get anything at the football for those very reasons but I hadn't managed to get my lunch on Saturday as I was doing something that took longer than expected so bought a pie before kick-off at Livingston. £2.50 for a rather disappointing steak pie. My afternoon didn't get any better either.

The only time I ever have anything at the football is if it's something that's known to be good (the Killie Pie, the Dunfermline bridie etc.) or something I've never had before.  In the latter case, this was the Alloa pie in a roll which I had a few weeks back (better than I expected).

The generic tea, coffee, flat Coke, horrible pies and burgers are horrid.  If buying them improves your matchday experience, then the general experience for you of going the football, must be rubbish.

Edited by Highland Capital

13 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

It's folk who'll buy an atrocious pie at a match, having doubtless walked past a couple of decent bakeries on the way to the game. Fucking idiots.

You haven't been to Deveronvale or Brora obviously. 

2 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Fortunately not :lol:

Cracking pies though, Brora get their's from a butcher's in Victoria Market in Inverness, only place I buy them from since I found out. Tried to buy some at Banff after the game but they were closed.

With the pie discussion, people who moan about the price of going to a game these days (which admittedly is a bit too high) and then do lists of costs that include things like buying a scarf, food/drink in the ground, pints before/after the game, buying a programme etc as though they are all things that are mandatory for going to a game. Can kinda understand the pints bit but even then, if you weren't going to the game you'd still probably be having a pint that afternoon/evening anyway. 

35 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Cracking pies though, Brora get their's from a butcher's in Victoria Market in Inverness, only place I buy them from since I found out. Tried to buy some at Banff after the game but they were closed.

I haven't bought a pie at a game since Lindley's had Dundee's catering contract. I was enormously hungover and risked a pie. It was fucking diabolical.  If Forfar ever change their catering supplier to McLaren's and get their bridies in, I will buy a season ticket there.

And die of a heart attack in 5-7 years. 

Edited by jupe1407

8 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

I haven't bought a pie at a game since Lindley's had Dundee's catering contract. I was enormously hungover and risked a pie. It was fucking diabolical.  If Forfar ever change their catering supplier to McLaren's and get their bridies in, I will buy a season ticket there.

And die of a heart attack in 5-7 years. 

My theory is if I stick to really good steak pies I'll live longer. Have to sell the idea to Californians.