Calling Cards of Morons

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

"I/We did a thing"

Stop pretending that putting up your Christmas tree early is some marvellous life changing experience you think c***s.

Maybe for these absolute zeroes it is. 

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

"I/We did a thing"

Stop pretending that putting up your Christmas tree early is some marvellous life changing experience you think c***s.

All these shitey excuses for wanting to show off any little, mundane thing they've done. 

" We did a thing"

Oh I see you've painted your living room a different colour. Fucking amazing.

" How it started, How it's going".

I'm amazed to see you in (insert team colours) as a child, and lo and behold you still support the same team now as an adult. Mind-blowing.

"Obligatory airport drinks pic"

Back in the day,  on their return you used to ask friends/colleagues how their holiday was, then rapidly changed the subject before they tried to assault your eyes with a thousand photos. Now you get a pic of a pint of lager before they've even fucked off.

Mind-numbing, attention seeking pish.

8 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

All these shitey excuses for wanting to show off any little, mundane thing they've done. 

" We did a thing"

Oh I see you've painted your living room a different colour. Fucking amazing.

" How it started, How it's going".

I'm amazed to see you in (insert team colours) as a child, and lo and behold you still support the same team now as an adult. Mind-blowing.

"Obligatory airport drinks pic"

Back in the day,  on their return you used to ask friends/colleagues how their holiday was, then rapidly changed the subject before they tried to assault your eyes with a thousand photos. Now you get a pic of a pint of lager before they've even fucked off.

Mind-numbing, attention seeking pish.

In the 70's/80's sitcoms there was a cliche joke when Graham used to bore everyone by making them watch a slideshow on a projector of his and Barbara's holiday in Tenerife. "Enjoying a beer, Bab's with a kebab."..   

That's what Facebook has become.

Edited by Tony Ferrino

2 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

In the 70's/80's sitcoms there was a cliche joke when Graham used to bore everyone by making them watch a slideshow on a projector of his and Barbara's holiday in Tenerife. "Enjoying a beer, Bab's with a kebab."..   

Definitely think we have gone a few miles past peak Social Media. Twitter is broken and crawling with bots and nutters, and Facebook is pretty much unusable as its nothing but adverts and sponsored pish. I was once a prolific user but I just don't bother with it now.

21 hours ago, Empty It said:

"I/We did a thing"

Same c***s that bought dugs during Covid "so we can do something together"

i.e. picking up a warm moist labradoodle jobby in the pishing rain in February

Ah, the romance

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Guest DannyBlue

Building on the Christmas theme. Organising or participating in the worst of all the soulless, corporate, organised fun events:  Christmas jumper day.

No, it's not hilarious that you went to Primark and bought a jumper with Santa on it.

On 21/11/2023 at 07:51, Tony Ferrino said:

That is an excellent point and exactly what social media has become. Its made nearly everyone become like Graham from a mid 70/80s sitcom. The most boring narcissistic people.

Edited by ScotiaNostra

On 21/11/2023 at 10:04, AndyM said:

Definitely think we have gone a few miles past peak Social Media. Twitter is broken and crawling with bots and nutters, and Facebook is pretty much unusable as its nothing but adverts and sponsored pish. I was once a prolific user but I just don't bother with it now.

That can be true, it would be good if everyone spent less time online but seems people spend more than ever looking at screens

• 5 weeks later...
On 21/11/2023 at 08:04, AndyM said:

Facebook is pretty much unusable as its nothing but adverts and sponsored pish. I was once a prolific user but I just don't bother with it now.

Not sure about the Web version, but on the mobile application it's very simple to switch to a feed with just updates from friends and groups/pages you've joined. Posts in chronological order, no shittey recommended posts and only one advert at the top of the feed.

On 20/11/2023 at 19:21, Empty It said:

"I/We did a thing"

Tbf,they did do a thing,just not anything worth bothering anyone else about

On 22/11/2023 at 20:22, DannyBlue said:

Building on the Christmas theme. Organising or participating in the worst of all the soulless, corporate, organised fun events:  Christmas jumper day.

No, it's not hilarious that you went to Primark and bought a jumper with Santa on it.

Pretty hilarious,laughing all the way to the bank,for primark

On 23/12/2023 at 02:40, pawpar said:

Was watching the chase earlier on today.

Q. What planet was hit by a comet in 2009.

A. Earth.

Even Bradley Walsh said " I think we would have noticed "

The answer is of course - Jupiter.

Tbf the guy could have been from Methil and not noticed if a comet hit the Earth or not. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...