Calling Cards of Morons

9 hours ago, TheScarf said:

People who buy tickets to an event before they book leave from work and the leave request gets turned rejected.  The mark of a world class moron.

Of course, they take to social media to sell their tickets, you see it all the time 'aww can't make this now'.  9 times out if 10 it'll be because of the above scenario.

not concert tickets but guys at my work,where leave is rostered,book holidays before the leave is published and end up bleating about being on nights when theyve booked their holiday for.never ceases to amaze me

Darting around between commuters on some kind of motorised unicycle at faster speeds than the traffic on the nearby road was moving.

Bonus points for being a grey-haired auld c**t with no helmet, who looked like a stiff breeze would cause him to take a fall and require a hip replacement.

(I appreciate this is very specific; surely there can't be many of them)

On 02/11/2023 at 13:14, TheScarf said:

People who buy tickets to an event before they book leave from work and the leave request gets turned rejected.  The mark of a world class moron.

Of course, they take to social media to sell their tickets, you see it all the time 'aww can't make this now'.  9 times out if 10 it'll be because of the above scenario.

Leave requests are best seen as a warning not a request.

On 02/11/2023 at 13:14, TheScarf said:

Me and my mate had a wee kerfuffle with tickets yesterday. Bicep were doing a set in Paisley, however the tickets appeared as though they had sold out, so I already made plans with the wife. Turns out they were on-day release, and my mate forgot to mention this until 5pm on the day when he asks me what pub to meet him in. He bought two tickets. The website 100% never mentioned the on-day thing, and I made damn sure of it as I am desperate to go to a Bicep rave.

8 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Me. 35 and only found out yesterday that brocoli and cauliflower are man made veg.

Most veg are the result of clever cultivation by humans. Tatties don't resemble the wild tubers of old and carrots used to be purple iirc (before the Dutch got a hold of them).

29 minutes ago, Swarley said:

This type of behaviour Loved-up girlfriend gets huge tattoo of boyfriend's name on her forehead. Wouldn't be surprised if Kevin split up with her soon afterwards. Hope her 5 mins of fame was worth it.

image.png.0b437ca354b9edd2461c53dcb405e294.png

I wonder how real that is?  When she was having it done, there was no redness etc around the tattoo.

Similar - this wumman was getting talked about on the radio yesterday

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/woman-horrified-after-realising-scary-31344938

image.png.002a0a68abc9ee175d39a4d4b13837a5.png

Woman horrified after realising scary 'temporary' Halloween face tattoo won't budge

A woman faced a mortifying ordeal when she realised her 'temporary' Halloween tattoo wasn't rubbing off - and panicked when she because she had meetings the following day

She was mortified when she couldn't wash it off 

Many people tend to pull out all the stops for Halloween every year, and each year we see people becoming more and more creative. There are hundreds of costume ideas, and it's a chance to show off your best makeup techniques too.

However, if you have to return to work or school the next day, it can sometimes mean remnants of last night's attire may be a little tricky to wash away fully as one woman knew all too well. Using a 'temporary' Halloween face tattoo, Elizabeth Rose was horrified when she realised the huge scary fake teeth and scar on her face weren't washing off.  

Sticking it across her mouth, she then filmed herself trying to remove the ghoulish design afterwards as she realised it wasn't budging. The 46-year-old who also put one on her seven-year-old granddaughter shared a video of her trying to remove it, and wrote alongside it: "Put a tattoo sticker on, join in a bit of Halloween, you know? Put some on my granddaughter as well, she's seven, and my daughter rings up going 'How does it come off?'."

"Well, it can't be that difficult, surely?" She asked as she picked up a cotton wool pad to try and attempt to scrub the sticker off. But it wasn't budging and Elizabeth stressed: "F**k sake, I have meetings tomorrow."

People were quick to offer solutions - as well as laughing at her ordeal - and many people suggested different remedies. One user commented: "The thought of you walking into the office like that has me rolling and I don't even know you!" While a second advised: "Honestly grab a roll of packing clear tape. Put it on smooth and it will peel right off!" However, one TikToker jibed: "You will get all your projects approved if you show up in the meeting like that.

Unbelievable Ms Rose filmed a second video after she stuck a second tattoo on her face to try out some of the removal options. She listed vodka, anti-bac gel, sellotape, olive oil and nail varnish remover as possible solutions. But she started with brown parcel tape, which she wrapped around her hand before patting onto her cheek. Amazingly, the sticker came out almost perfectly.

Ms Rose laughed: "What the f**k, shut the front door! Do you know what I don't think I can be bothered to try the nail varnish remover, anti-bac or olive oil. I might as well drink the vodka and be done with it."

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Can we add people who say "shut the front door" to the list as well, please. The moron above to get double points for using the word "f**k" right before using the phrase that was designed to stop people saying the word "f**k". 

Triple points when you include the fact that she applied a 2nd tattoo to practice ways to remove temporary tattoos.

1 minute ago, The Golden God said:

People standing up/getting their stuff before the (in this case) train has even stopped. Been on 2 long train journeys this week and as soon as we’ve stated to slow down half the carriage is up fannying about despite their being 20 minutes until our arrival time. 

The Lemming Effect.

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

People standing up/getting their stuff before the (in this case) train has even stopped. Been on 2 long train journeys this week and as soon as we’ve stated to slow down half the carriage is up fannying about despite their being 20 minutes until our arrival time. 

Similarly, people on the Subway who get up and stand at the door before the train has left the previous station. When there's about five people on the carriage. I have almost certainly posted this in this thread before.

• 2 weeks later...