Calling Cards of Morons

The automated announcements in King's Cross used to (and I assume still do) pronounce Kingussie "Kin-Gussie".

Another that really grinds my gears are Scottish people who pronounce Bournemouth and Portsmouth wrong.  Hearing people say "Born-Mouth" and "Port's Mouth" make me cringe.

Edited by Highland Capital

7 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The automated announcements in King's Cross used to (and I assume still do) pronounce Kingussie "Kin-Gussie".

Another that really grinds my gears are Scottish people who pronounce Bournemouth and Portsmouth wrong.  Hearing people say "Born-Mouth" and "Port's Mouth" make me cringe.

We haven't even started on Scots' pronunciation of Greenwich and Canary Wharf...

12 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Until recently, the automated Scotrail voice on the Inverness to Wick train always read out Ardgay as Ard-gay (it's pronounced ard-guy).  This is the stop for Bonar Bridge FWIW.

Always raised a smile.

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Until recently, the automated Scotrail voice on the Inverness to Wick train always read out Ardgay as Ard-gay (it's pronounced ard-guy).  This is the stop for Bonar Bridge FWIW.

Always raised a smile.

Bonar Bridge is also the birthplace of Joe Strummer's mother.

21 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

English is a language run by a country where the capital city London contains two 'o's yet neither are used in it's pronunciation.  

Both are used, of course.  I won't even mention your apostrophe abuse.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Both are used, of course.  I won't even mention your apostrophe abuse.

Nobody uses either of the o's and says Lon or don.  Nobody.

Lun-din or Lun-duhn.  U's & i's, but no o's despite them being the only vowels in the name.

The country's f***ed.

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Nobody uses either of the o's and says Lon or don.  Nobody.

Lun-din or Lun-duhn.  U's & i's, but no o's despite them being the only vowels in the name.

The country's f***ed.

You're making the schoolboy error of thinking that English orthography is consistent.  See how the 'o' in 'woman' and 'women' changes.  The only thing consistent here is you making a baws of things.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
9 minutes ago, Kuro said:
A picture of the Queen as your avatar.

Nowt wrong wit Betty tbf.

Nowt right with her either.  Wealth and privelege by accident of birth has no place in the 21st century.

Guest Moomintroll
Nowt right with her either.  Wealth and privelege by accident of birth has no place in the 21st century.
You can say that about a lot of people to be fair, it's not right but it's the lottery of life & I don't think she has done anything objectionable through her time.