Calling Cards of Morons

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

I heard something recently on the radio where nutritionists are coming round to the way of thinking that maybe white rice is great for keeping the weight off when you consider the low obesity levels where rice is the staple diet in these SE Asian countries. 

Shame they've all got Diabeetus.

29 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Arithmetic should either be a completely different subject in schools or at the very least it should be the focus of maths classes and not the other pish they teach.

It was a separate subject when I was at Secondary School, with its own "O" Grade totally independent of Maths.  

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It was a separate subject when I was at Secondary School, with its own "O" Grade totally independent of Maths.  

Me too. I was amazed we were allowed to take a calculator into the exam, easiest exam I've ever sat.

My maths is pretty poor but I'm certainly not proud of it, I'm more angry about it. I don't know who sets the curriculum but the amount of needless shite we learned about was unreal. Pythagoras's theorem and algebra being the two that spring to mind. Neither of these things have been required in my life but counting has and I'm pretty fucking useless at that. Arithmetic should either be a completely different subject in schools or at the very least it should be the focus of maths classes and not the other pish they teach.
Wouldn't say algebra is pointless, people just don't realise they use it all the time. If I ask a kid what x is in the equation 3x = 12, they won't know. Ask them how much a hamburger supper is if you can get three of them for 12 quid and they know straightaway.

42 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
The same  people who proudly announce that they can’t do maths.

I don't know who sets the curriculum but the amount of needless shite we learned about was unreal. Pythagoras's theorem and algebra being the two that spring to mind. Neither of these things have been required in my life but counting has and I'm pretty fucking useless at that.

I am not taking that bait.

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Wouldn't say algebra is pointless, people just don't realise they use it all the time. If I ask a kid what x is in the equation 3x = 12, they won't know. Ask them how much a hamburger supper is if you can get three of them for 12 quid and they know straightaway.

Voice of reason.

5 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Nobody needs Maths in "real life".

I was useless at Maths but it can come in handy when you are doing some DIY work, even when I was hanging some pictures at the weekend I realised I could use maths to get the spacing correct.  Unfortunately, I only realised this after I had spent a fair bit of time measuring it out.  

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
I am not taking that bait.

Give me an example of when P.T. comes in handy?

Triangulation on a building site? It's a pretty basic necessity in a lot of fields.

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

It does have the largest population (in more ways than one).

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Same here, I've got O grade Arithmetic and H grade Maths (among others).

40 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Being into Disney as an adult, a million extra points for going to Disneyworld  with some sort of Micky ears on.

I used to work with a woman who went on a special holiday to Disneyland for adults who didn't have anyone else to go with.  You went to the park and met up with a load of other adults and went round the place as a group.

The only other unusual thing I know about that woman was that she had an affair with one of the other men in the office and used to like to have sex with him in front of webcams so strangers could watch them.  I'm not sure if one of these activities is responsible for the other or linked but I do know she's OFTW.

I used to work with a woman who went on a special holiday to Disneyland for adults who didn't have anyone else to go with.  You went to the park and met up with a load of other adults and went round the place as a group.
The only other unusual thing I know about that woman was that she had an affair with one of the other men in the office and used to like to have sex with him in front of webcams so strangers could watch them.  I'm not sure if one of these activities is responsible for the other or linked but I do know she's OFTW.
Wid