English non-league

GNU_Linux

Not been to The Moors, but Bromley was an interesting visit.  Free pint if you got there before a certain time, but a lot of worked-up older folk for that level.  The ref (who was actually competent) was getting a right earful.

Bromley is probably the most insipid of the teams who made the play offs (along with Barnet). Drab town, relatively drab ground since they got shot of the old Bench end, another trek southeastward for all concerned.

Lived in Solihull for a few years and have always kept half an eye on Moors. Would have loved them up but wasn't to be. Third time lucky next year hopefully (or finish top!). Hopefully next weekend's trip to Wembley proves more fruitful.

Some game this between Worthing and Braintree in the Conference South final. Braintree took an early lead but it was level at half time, Worthing then went 2-1 up but the visitors then went 3-2 ahead with a screamer of a goal, but Worthing equalised right away. 3-3 with 20 minutes to go.

21 hours ago, southernrover said:

Bromley is probably the most insipid of the teams who made the play offs (along with Barnet). Drab town, relatively drab ground since they got shot of the old Bench end, another trek southeastward for all concerned.

Lived in Solihull for a few years and have always kept half an eye on Moors. Would have loved them up but wasn't to be. Third time lucky next year hopefully (or finish top!). Hopefully next weekend's trip to Wembley proves more fruitful.

I was at Bromley when they lost to Bristol Rovers in the cup, I thought it was good. It was hoaching that night and some Rovers supporters got in the Bromley end, so the atmosphere got a bit heated.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was at Bromley when they lost to Bristol Rovers in the cup, I thought it was good. It was hoaching that night and some Rovers supporters got in the Bromley end, so the atmosphere got a bit heated.

Aye in fairness it isn't dreadful, I would have just preferred the prospect of Halifax, Solihull or Alty going up for various reasons. Bromley are thoroughly inoffensive as a team mind and have come from relatively nothing over the decades.

I think I was at that Bristol Rovers v. Bromley tie in the first match at the Mem. As I recall Rovers battered them and really should have finished them on the day.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Some game this between Worthing and Braintree in the Conference South final. Braintree took an early lead but it was level at half time, Worthing then went 2-1 up but the visitors then went 3-2 ahead with a screamer of a goal, but Worthing equalised right away. 3-3 with 20 minutes to go.

Braintree won it in extra time, probably shaded it and fair play to them for finding the energy with all 3 of their playoff matches going to extra time.

A few teams making the most of the opportunity provided by the playoffs in the conferences. Bromley were 3rd, Boston United 6th and Braintree 5th in their respective league before going on to win promotion via the playoffs.