Donkeys XI

14 hours ago, houston_bud said:

I'm shuddering at some of those names. There's a few there who never really played so we can only assume they were shite rather than seeing for ourselves. Hegarty and Puri must only have 3 or 4 appearances between them. I loved Danny Lennon but he did seem to sign dozens of players that never played and  were shipped out in the following transfer window.

For a worst 11 I'd also give special mentions to Viktor Genev, Ross Caldwell, Alan Gow, and Kyle Hutton.

Danny Grainger, Tonet (ok, only two appearances, but they were spectacularly bad), Sean Lynch, Paddy Gregg, Paul McQuade, Gregg Wylde and Callum Ball were all shit and most played a bit. That's all guys who played for us in the top league. If you go to some of the teams pre Gus and post Lennon there is a mental amount of dross in there.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Eduardas Kurskis - must have won his goalie gloves in a raffle, and I imagine they're still ****ing spotless. Literally a worse keeper than Lee Wallace.

Wishart - only gets one name. He's lucky that name isn't c***.

Kenny Milne - something something Blackpool beach. I genuinely believe this arsehole brays. 

Gordan "Buckaroo" Petric - good only for stacking wee plastic hats and buckets on. Looked marginally less haunted than I did every time I watched him.

Jim Weir - the first Hearts player I ever hated. Come the day, I swear I will make George Square on April 8 2013 look like Pyongyang on 19 December 2011.

Brian Hamilton - I hated this hapless p***k less when he played for Hibs than when he played for Hearts.

Kevin Twaddle - the equivalent of watching your old dog dragging it's back legs begging for that final trip to the vet. Unfortunately Twaddle didn't get that trip.

Danny Swanson - as skinny as he was good. Looked like Charlie Adam's disabled cousin, played like Charlie Adam's disabled cousin.

Jamie Hamill - an awful human being, who - give him credit - somehow managed to be an even worse football player.

Jamie Mole - Went from Hearts to Blyth Spartans, where he was abruptly chased. Probably now a security guard.

Paul McCallum - Jesus ****ing Christ, get my PTSD tablets.

Agree with that list - but Gordan Petric was a decent player. Just not worth the £0.5m we spunked on him. Still haven't forgiven him though for blasting that volley over the bar against Stuttgart.

Room for Beniusis, Hans Eskillson and Conor Sammon on the bench ?

2 hours ago, Swello said:

Massively harsh :) - he probably suffered by comparison by being in arguably our best team of the last 30 years - but should be nowhere near this list IMO. 

1. Micheal Fraser

2. Allan Sneddon

3. Stephen Hendrie

4. Gunni Johnsson

5. Daniel Sengewald

6. John Davies

7. Roberto Martinez

8. Brian McClair (2nd time)

9. Demi Petravicious

10. Tony Straker

11. Paul Kinnaird

Your right mate I was Thinking of Alan sneddon not shannon

A number of guys named would push for places in my favourite Saints side: Sylla, Jenkinson, Weir, Swanson. Even Paddy Cregg did away fine for us, especially since he came in after Jody Morris.

Would need to give this some proper thought for Saints but first name that comes straight to mind is John Henry, just no redeeming features whatsoever.

This is really easy for Accies fans - we could probably pick twice as many donkey 11s as the rest of you put together.

Darren Jamieson

Blair Adams

Chris Casement

Marvin Andrews

Izzy Iriekpen

Gary McDonald

JP Kissock

Guillaume Beuzelin

Damian Caalinouvo

Derek Asamoah

Sebastian Sorsa

Subs - Kenny Deuchar, Tom Elliott, Kyle Wilkie, Jamie Sendles-White

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Agree with that list - but Gordan Petric was a decent player. Just not worth the £0.5m we spunked on him. Still haven't forgiven him though for blasting that volley over the bar against Stuttgart.

Room for Beniusis, Hans Eskillson and Conor Sammon on the bench ?

I couldn't get as far as a bench, I'm still huddled and rocking backwards and forwards thinking about Paul McCallum.

I'm going to do my best to avoid going for John Connolly signings because that would be the easiest thing to do. I reckon you could just about make a shitehawks 11 from there alone.

Mark Paston - He played at the world cup for New Zealand but he was horseshit for us. Very tall but not very commanding, not a very good shot stopper and generally a barely capable second choice. We've been blessed with some really good goalkeepers in my time watching Saints - the only other one who can justifiably challenge Paston is Graeme Smith.

Aaron Comrie - I feel bad because he is but a child but he is so clearly out of his depth. Just ask the Killie fans about how shite he is.

Mark Lynch - I'm going to cheat a bit and put this right back over to the left. I was only a teenager when we signed him and getting a player on loan from Mancester United was really exciting, especially as it was reported at the time that he was the next tipped to be the next Denis Irwin. He was poor and because of my raised expectations, he makes the list.

Mark Connolly - Played 45 minutes away at Hamilton and was never seen again. Woeful but he went on to have a half decent career after leaving us. Benito Kemble is lucky we've got a few other options in this position!

Plamen Krachunov - what the f**k even was he? Couldn't speak English and caused carnage in our defence as a result. Disappeared very quickly.

David Robertson - I don't think I've ever witnessed a less gifted footballer than him play for Saints. He couldn't pass, couldn't tackle, ran like a duck (and not very quickly) and had no power in his legs to kick the ball the length of himself. He scored a couple of goals just before his horrible injury so perhaps he could've crawled out of this list, but alas it wasn't to be. His off field activities obviously prematurely finished his career which is surprising given how poor a footballer he is.

John Henry - I'm not sure what he was supposed to bring to the team. The definition of a nothing player. One of Coyle's pals so can only assume he was doing him a favour

Paul Paton  - Big Tam hasn't had too many calamities and to be fair he has a spell beside Liam Craig where he was effective but he was exceptionally limited. He just kicks the ball the way he is facing and put in one of the worst individual performances I've ever seen at home against Trakai. He's also a raging bellend.

Adam Morgan - :lol: - the next Robbie Fowler indeed. I'm not sure he'd ever seen a football before.

Rory Fallon - had to put up with his cameo appearances for half a season. That was more than enough. He may have been marginally better than Iwelumo who replaced him in the squad but by christ he was pish.

Derek Lilley - 14 appearances, 0 goals and I can't think of a single positive contribution he made to the team. 

John Connolly has a list of his own -Craig Samson,  Sean Webb, Jordan Tait, David Cowan,  Kevin Fotheringham, David Bagan, Colin Marshall, David Hannah, Alan Mahood, Robert Sloan, Lee Hardy, Michael Moore, Stephen McConnalogue ... there's probably a few I've forgotten too.

Some passable/understandable signings for him - Keiran McAnespie, Stephen Dobbie and Ryan McCann - and a few very good signings - Allan McGregor, Steven Anderson, Kevin Rutkiewicz and Paul Sheerin - but I think the sheer number of players brought in just demonstrates what a cluster f**k that season was for us, along with a pretty terrible hit rate in terms of players brought in.  That season also brought us the famous 'players St Johnstone failed to sign' thread which was a laugh at the time as well. Almost reminiscent of the summer Falkirk have just had, although they didn't give Hartley the January window to compound things further.

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

I couldn't get as far as a bench, I'm still huddled and rocking backwards and forwards thinking about Paul McCallum.

Klimek was worse than McCallum and Mole.  

We've had a spectacular amount of dross over the years like, Cinikas and Screpis wouldn't even make the bench.

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Klimek was worse than McCallum and Mole.  

We've had a spectacular amount of dross over the years like, Cinikas and Screpis wouldn't even make the bench.

It's certainly testament to the last 10 years that someone like Jenkinson isn't in my eleven anymore.

Just now, JamieThomas said:

It's certainly testament to the last 10 years that someone like Jenkinson isn't in my eleven anymore.

He's in mine mainly because he done a stepover that he rolled out of play, only to follow it up with the same stepover 5 minutes later where he then tripped over the ball.  It's ingrained in my memory.

Bossu
McQuilken Bus Diamond Ifil Mcnamara
Thornley Winter Young (De)
Fallon Wright(T)

Thanks. No doubt I will wake up screaming in the middle of the night now after being reminded of several names I never wanted to ever think about again. A true Nightmare on Pittodrie Street XI.

Guest Moomintroll
Willie Furphy was the worst player I ever saw in God’s blue and white. 
You clearly weren't at Clydebank the day Ronnie McQuilter was inflicted on us then.

Archived